The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level 1 Alchemy Writs to expensive?

• Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    to add, a serious lack of mudcrab chittins, too few to restock, dont like the odd of finding on crabs taking forever..
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some ingredients are harder to find, just because they're inconspicuous. Blessed thistle is plain green, which means it doesn't show up well against a grassy background. Mountain Flower also blends in to the background in some areas. These two play a big part in low-level writs. All of which makes Bleakrock a great location to forage. High density of alchemy nodes, plus the snow background fails to hide them.

Forming the habit of collecting everything you see will help, too. You'll start to know the places to look. The plant may be random, but the locations aren't.
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    You're supposed to harvest it. Of course things are going to be overpriced in Guild Stores.
    Starting with 8 toons means in the early game of course you're going to be short a lot when you have the harvesting power of 1 toon at a time -- so you need to do a lot of harvesting.
    Once you get the writs going, though, each daily writ rewards 4 stacks of materials, 3 stacks often what you need for writs. So the more you do, the more you will accumulate, until at some point in the later game you hardly have to harvest at all.

Focus one character at a time. The highest-ranked character can make all the potions for everyone at reduced material cost due to the passive that multiplies your output.

Did you just said you can do the potions in the character that does the more potions and then turn them in with the others, is that true? I did not know that.
    To stay on topic, I do not do the ones that require corn flower and i think bugloss or lady's smock lately because I save them to do spell power-crit pots but I still do the ones that require blessed thristle because I have a lot of it but if I my alchemist can do the potions for everyone I can do the all exept corn flower at a profit and get mats too in return, the problem is you get back 6 rageants and you expend 5 but with the ones that cost less than 600 I always do them for the money I transform the mats into money at a good price when i need more I buy them cheep but I have around a 1000 of each now.
    What I do with the writs that require expensive mats is cancel the quest and the next day pick another one.
    Edited by CynicK on October 26, 2019 2:26PM
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you not doing the surveys? They should cover the costs of the level 1 writs. I never have any trouble with the mats for level one writs; I always have too much.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    CynicK wrote: »
    You're supposed to harvest it. Of course things are going to be overpriced in Guild Stores.
    Starting with 8 toons means in the early game of course you're going to be short a lot when you have the harvesting power of 1 toon at a time -- so you need to do a lot of harvesting.
    Once you get the writs going, though, each daily writ rewards 4 stacks of materials, 3 stacks often what you need for writs. So the more you do, the more you will accumulate, until at some point in the later game you hardly have to harvest at all.

Focus one character at a time. The highest-ranked character can make all the potions for everyone at reduced material cost due to the passive that multiplies your output.

Did you just said you can do the potions in the character that does the more potions and then turn them in with the others, is that true? I did not know that.
    To stay on topic, I do not do the ones that require corn flower and i think bugloss or lady's smock lately because I save them to do spell power-crit pots but I still do the ones that require blessed thristle because I have a lot of it but if I my alchemist can do the potions for everyone I can do the all exept corn flower at a profit and get mats too in return, the problem is you get back 6 rageants and you expend 5 but with the ones that cost less than 600 I always do them for the money I transform the mats into money at a good price when i need more I buy them cheep but I have around a 1000 of each now.
    What I do with the writs that require expensive mats is cancel the quest and the next day pick another one.

I only tested this once but I had my main crafter make alchemy potions for another crafting certified low level character and they were not recognized for the daily crafting writ. So for me, it didn't work.

I tested the ability to make other crafting writ items for a different character and the only thing that did work was provisioning. If that appears to be wrong and it works for other players I'll try it again.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »

I only tested this once but I had my main crafter make alchemy potions for another crafting certified low level character and they were not recognized for the daily crafting writ. So for me, it didn't work.

I tested the ability to make other crafting writ items for a different character and the only thing that did work was provisioning. If that appears to be wrong and it works for other players I'll try it again.

I only do max level alchemy so I haven't tried it with those. However, I do make the potions on only one character and they can be turned in for all the others.

I know it works for provisioning. I have all my characters doing them at different levels (to get other recipes) and only one character makes all of the food/drinks, which are then turned in by the other characters.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alchemy and provisioning daily writs can be crafted by other characters; I'm confused why it didn't work for you, I do so all the time.

Glyphs do not work however.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

Alchemy and provisioning daily writs can be crafted by other characters; I'm confused why it didn't work for you, I do so all the time.

I'll give the Alchemy one a try again, I had success with the Provisioning. Equipment though doesn't work, correct? So no blacksmithing, woodworking, clothing or jewelry.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll give the Alchemy one a try again, I had success with the Provisioning. Equipment though doesn't work, correct? So no blacksmithing, woodworking, clothing or jewelry.

correct. Alchemy and Provisioning daily writs can be done by anybody and drawn from the bank. The rest cannot.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

correct. Alchemy and Provisioning daily writs can be done by anybody and drawn from the bank. The rest cannot.

The key, in my experience, with alchemy is that you have to make at least 1 with the character you're turning them in on and I'll explain why below:

When you craft a stack of potions/poisons it will say "Created by Character A" - if you simply transfer that stack to Character B it won't let you turn it in, however if you craft 1 on Character B it will stack with the others and then the whole lot will say "Created by Character B".

This works for Alchemy/Provisioning master writs as well.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »

The key, in my experience, with alchemy is that you have to make at least 1 with the character you're turning them in on and I'll explain why below:

When you craft a stack of potions/poisons it will say "Created by Character A" - if you simply transfer that stack to Character B it won't let you turn it in, however if you craft 1 on Character B it will stack with the others and then the whole lot will say "Created by Character B".

This works for Alchemy/Provisioning master writs as well.

Hmm.. I have not noticed this. I also know that I have characters, particularly on my alt account, who have never actually crafted a writ potion or a writ provisioning recipe. I leveled them up (having to use all less than cp150 mats) to level 50. I've then done my daily writs (alchemy and provisioning both at max level) on them for months (years even) and not had a problem with turning them in.