The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Since Patch - only BSOD Crashing before character screen! Help!

mystkldrgnb14_ESO
mystkldrgnb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Since this most recent patch, the game hard crashes my entire system - "blue screen of death" - before I can login fully. I've not been able to play at all.

I can get through the launcher, and login, but before I'm ever able to get to the Character Selection Screen - the game hard freezes my entire system. Every. Time.

I get through the company loading screens. I sometimes get through the Elsewheyr Introduction and then crash on the next loading screen, and sometimes I don't even make it through the intro-movie. I've seen the intro movie now several times, saw it several months ago when it launched - but the resets apparently forget that each time.

I've turned down all graphics to MINIMAL.
I've turned OFF the sound entirely - just in case it was the recent update windows bug I read in here.
I've ran repair - several times.

I can't turn off the addons because I can't get far enough in game to turn off my addons; but I DID try removing the entire addon folder and repairing and going that way. No help. Still BSOD system crash.

I've updated everything to be updated. Graphics card, windows, etc. I've tried the other suggested troubleshooting articles, already.

Nothing has done diddly squat to help. Game is unplayable.

Prior to this patch I was playing just fine - rarely ever any lag even - at ultra-high graphics.

This is nuts - what did this patch change!
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you minimize the game and look at the memory usage on the login screen? (ctrl, alt, del, task manager.)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mystkldrgnb14_ESO

The blue screen PC crashes you're getting in ESO may be a hardware issue. If you need further assistance you can open a ticket with customer support so they can look into possible culprits.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mystkldrgnb14_ESO
    mystkldrgnb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @mystkldrgnb14_ESO

The blue screen PC crashes you're getting in ESO may be a hardware issue. If you need further assistance you can open a ticket with customer support so they can look into possible culprits.

I've tried to several times now!

But something is up with the login support screen!

When I try to login to my account - nothing happens when I click the "login" button! Its like it doesn't exist. I've tried for several days now, and its not responding!

Every other button on the page works! I can login to my account from elsewhere on the website. But when I try to login to the support site (as I do everywhere else), and hit the "login" button - the page just sits there. Not responding.

AHH!
  • mystkldrgnb14_ESO
    mystkldrgnb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jayroo wrote: »
    Can you minimize the game and look at the memory usage on the login screen? (ctrl, alt, del, task manager.)

I did!

I hovered around 30% CPU usage from the login screen.

I actually got TO the character select screen a few times! But then BSOD trying to get further. From that screen, the CPU was still around 24-30% at its most active. My GPU was around 20%.

I have been able to login to the game all the way - once - nothing changed in my settings from "minimal" which is what they are at now and have been on most of the attempts. Everything none/low/off. Full Screen Mode. But for some reason I actually got logged all the way in to the daily reward, once, with those settings. Once I changed anything, it BSOD again.

Unfortunately, the one time I got through to the game itself was before I was looking at CPU stuff with your suggestion. I hadn't gotten that far on any of the attempts today - so I can't say if the CPU "in game" is significantly different for sure or not. But odds are pointing to this not being the issue, I'm thinking, if its around 30-40% usage. (?)