The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unable to load character CE-34878-0 Error (PS4)

talcdragon
talcdragon
Soul Shriven
One of my 5 characters will not load from the main menu. During the loading process it goes to a black screen which then kicks me from the game. A blue screen with a CE-34878 Error message then follows. I've tried powering the PS4 completely off and unplugging, deleting the application saved data, and unistalling/reinstalling with no success. The game and system have the newest updates. All other characters load fine and are able to visit the Psijic Villa where that toon will not load from. Really lost on this. Filed an incident report already and waiting on further instructions after the recommended fixes failed to recover character. Has anyone had this problem before and what are possible fixes that I haven't tried?
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can get this error several times per day or not, but just with ESO, specially in highly crowded areas.

I hope this can help you:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37022/~/what-do-i-do-if-i-get-error-code-ce-34878-0-when-trying-to-play-the-elder

Fyi, it didn't helped me...

And see for how long the "it's your fault, not mine" is happening between Sony and ZOS:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/179045/ps4-error-ce-34878-0/p1
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 20, 2019 3:00PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • talcdragon
    talcdragon
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't re-initialized the system ye. Now other characters cannot load into the Psijic Villa as well. Perhaps I just have to much stuff for it to process, I don't know. I no longer get a black screen, but now other characters get the CE-34878-0 error when trying to visit.
  • talcdragon
    talcdragon
    Soul Shriven
    Actually I just tried creating a new toon and visited the Villa with no problem. Then proceeded to put away statues, mounts and furnishings away to clear up more room. After that my toon that was stuck there was finally able to load up and I quickly left the house for safety. I don't know if any future characters will get stuck and the Villa still seems a little glitchy, but I'm glad I can finally use a high level toon again. Characters with lots in their inventory may also contributed to long load times as my main character was unable to visit it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @talcdragon

Thank you for the update that you were able to load your character after clearing inventory. Please let us know if you continue to run into any crashes when loading other characters.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Akira-DarkShadows
    My friend Grimz0ne666 is having logging in issues on with his tank. Everytime he tries traveling to his Earthtear Cavern it blue screens on him. Is there a way to fix this please and thank you. It is on the NA megaserver.
    ~AkiraDarkShadows~
    PSN: AkiraNightWish
    PC: @Akira-NightWish
  • mochicake
    mochicake
    ✭✭
    This is happening to my main character. I just purchased the Onyx berries and was checking to see if I had a Nascent Indrik then the game crashed to blue screen with error code. When loading again it will load but in about 10 seconds it will kick me again with blue screen and error. Happened 4x in a row.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mochicake

Have you tried going through the troubleshooting posted above?

Another additional step you can take is clearing the local save data on your PS4.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • mochicake
    mochicake
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @mochicake

Have you tried going through the troubleshooting posted above?

Another additional step you can take is clearing the local save data on your PS4.

It worked the next time but I fast travelled immediately to the nearest wayshrine once it loaded. I was stuck near the impressario/event lady in Davon's Watch. When I loaded at the next wayshrine (Senie), people in zone chat were talking about how it was happening to them too .. multiple times as well.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @talcdragon

Thank you for the update that you were able to load your character after clearing inventory. Please let us know if you continue to run into any crashes when loading other characters.

This happens often for this home i cant travel there without 1st getting an bluescreen but always am able as re log ps4 NA
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 4, 2019 3:40AM
  • Skorbutodj
    Skorbutodj
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem in Craglorn Arena House with 3 of my characters. I try all the solutions ESO and Sony tell, and no solution.

This is very angry and sad for me
    Skorbutodj ~ PS4-EuServer
    15 Characters - PVE & PVP (All roles)
    Master crafter - All Dungeon & Trials achivements - All Dragonstar & BR prision achivements
    Emperor in Ebonheart Pact alliance
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!
    We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.