The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

can we get a pvp campaign where you cant animation cancel (for dps)?

• unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    First ani cancelling was NOT originally supposed to be a part of the game. It was an unintended thing that ZOS couldnt fix. Ways to ani cancel have changed because they were trying to remove it. They finally gave up and shifted and now say its intended. Bald face lie. And the amount of people that like it and those that dont are almost dead even. I personally find it annoying that i have to stop a skill thats and instant cast to cast something else instant and weapon swapping is getting pathetic in its ability to fire as well. I would be curious to see what it would feel like in game play
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Why don't we just make the game turn based like an old-school Final Fantasy!

Also, why do you want them to try this?

Maybe because animation cancelling is causing the lag ??? O:
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First ani cancelling was NOT originally supposed to be a part of the game. It was an unintended thing that ZOS couldnt fix. Ways to ani cancel have changed because they were trying to remove it. They finally gave up and shifted and now say its intended. Bald face lie. And the amount of people that like it and those that dont are almost dead even. I personally find it annoying that i have to stop a skill thats and instant cast to cast something else instant and weapon swapping is getting pathetic in its ability to fire as well. I would be curious to see what it would feel like in game play

You dont know what in the hell you are talking about.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source ?
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was here from beta and zos have def said it wasn't intended but they didn't want to remove it because to many top players relied on it for high dps and regarded it as giving the game an element of skill that setm them apart fro people who didnt know how to or simply couldn't because of there internet or pc setup..
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/119133/confirmed-animation-cancellation-not-intended
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Wish they could keep weaving and the fluidness and high skill ceiling but eliminate animation canceling. Cause sure it feels good playing but you can't honestly say it looks good. It seriously makes the game look broken. Go watch a good ani-canceler, it looks like they are bugging out with skills firing off randomly. Wouldn't doubt it's a big contributor to ESO being a nonfactor in e-sports and twitch. Gawd Fortnite looks better on stream than ESO. Throw AC into any ARPG and it would be fallout 76 levels of backlash and review bombing for releasing a broken game. If it stays I won't be butthurt cause I doubt they could find that balance but as soon as a good multiplayer Arpgmmo comes out eso will be dead. Lucky for ZoS Tera was too Korean and buggy itself.

League of legends, one of the recurring top games on twitch, has animation cancelling. If you don't ac, you lose precious time performing other actions. From auto attack cancelling to orb walking, it is a very important and powerful mechanic.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was here from beta and zos have def said it wasn't intended but they didn't want to remove it because to many top players relied on it for high dps and regarded it as giving the game an element of skill that setm them apart fro people who didnt know how to or simply couldn't because of there internet or pc setup.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/119133/confirmed-animation-cancellation-not-intended

Bolded part is a lie.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 2, 2019 2:24AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bolded part is a lie. I dont know why people are so naive to come out here with their imaginary stories thinking nobody will call them out on the fact they're telling lies. How the hell Zos could tell at the beggining of the game that top players are relying too much on animation cancelling if there wasnt even top players yet ? For the record ZoS could easily "fix" animation cancelling. Actually it's super easy for them since they many times proved that changing how global cooldown windows work in the game and shifting certain group of abilities under separate global cooldown or adding them to another group is not an issue for them (for example synergies or even latest necro siphon changes) so it would be very easy for them to just shift light/heavy attacks to share global cooldown with abilities which would remove light attack weaving from the game. They just dont want to do this since as they officialy said it's a part of the game and they embrace using it.

As for the amount of people that likes vs those who dislikes it thing is majority of people that dont like it dont even know how to do it which makes it kinda irrelevant opinion since You cannot have reasonable argument in the debate about the subject You barley know anything about other then just some rumors and stories others told You.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 2, 2019 3:40AM
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @Juhasow and @Rungar for me this post is not about animation cancelling instead is about server performance...

We wanna know if ani cancelling is causing the ultra mega lag the game has right now.-

When you don't have anything to lose, you discover something wonderful o:)

Have a wonderful day ;)

• Heresyall
    Heresyall
    ✭✭✭✭
    1570009108-333ea0dc-a445-4bc4-b6d5-cbccb935bfde.png
    Edited by Heresyall on October 2, 2019 9:40AM
    -Heresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Hȩresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Lonely Player EP MagNB/AR 50
    -The Godblade DC MagNB/ AR 50
    -Useless Class EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Crippled Class AD MagNB/AR 50
    -The Serpent EP MagNB/ AR 50
    -Harrowing Reaper EP MagNB / AR 50
    -Lord Herrington EP MagDK/AR 47
    -Mind Terror EP MagNecro/AR 35
    [center
    -Soul Siphoner EP MagNB/AR 38
  • necronyteub17_ESO
    necronyteub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Animation Canceling is the TOTAL reason Macro's work in this game.
    NO ONE PERIOD can animation cancel with this kind of speed EVER. Here's a clip for you to watch and see for yourself. This is NOT Lagg as many Fanbois on here would like you to believe , and it certainly IS NOT possible without a macro PLUS animation canceling.

If an ability spell/mellee or any kind of attack is canceled then it SHOULD cancel the Attack all together. Just take out Animations all together for any kind of attacks and then we all will be on the same playfield and ANYONE can just simply go buy a Macro Mouse or Macro Keyboard and play the game .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Qb_sXPK0Q
  • necronyteub17_ESO
    necronyteub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Notice how his keys when watching them you see only ONE key press and never any others. Thats because THAT is the key that starts the Macro string.
    Dont even try to start that many of the skills have changed and got nerfed because that has nothing to do with the macro animation canceling you are witnessing.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Juhasow wrote: »
    I was here from beta and zos have def said it wasn't intended but they didn't want to remove it because to many top players relied on it for high dps and regarded it as giving the game an element of skill that setm them apart fro people who didnt know how to or simply couldn't because of there internet or pc setup.

Bolded part is a lie.

do watch you watch eso q&a's on twitch ?
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Notice how his keys when watching them you see only ONE key press and never any others. Thats because THAT is the key that starts the Macro string.
    Dont even try to start that many of the skills have changed and got nerfed because that has nothing to do with the macro animation canceling you are witnessing.

this doesn't show anything of the sort this shows someone using an old bezerk strike build
  • necronyteub17_ESO
    necronyteub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of crap. He is NOT just hitting people with Bezerk strike.
    Its 5 attacks in a fraction of a second. Typical excuse to something that every fanboi of this crap tries to defend.

There are A LOT of other vids of this same type of mechanics and some are even worse.

Fanbois love to claim ( dont take animation canceling out . It will hurt my dps and ruin the game)
    Aww poor babies. You dont give a crap about dps for you dungeons and boss stuff. Its ALL about pvp and nothing else.

In truth THEY are the ones that want the easy way and love the Animation Canceling because it makes their macro spamming ;#$!,:&! Work.
    Without it they would just be a normal player with no extra edge in battle except their choices of builds and gear. JUST AS IT SHOULD BE.

SO keep making excuses. Soon enough you fanbois will be all thats left playing .
    It would have happened sooner but sadly the good mmo's the majority have been waiting for havent released yet.

When they do , then this game will be a ghost town since ZOS hasnt fixed THIS along with a ton of other crap. But its coming and players are dwindling already slowly just because they are getting fed up.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its 5 attacks in a fraction of a second. Typical excuse to something that every fanboi of this crap tries to defend.

There are A LOT of other vids of this same type of mechanics and some are even worse.

Fanbois love to claim ( dont take animation canceling out . It will hurt my dps and ruin the game)
    Aww poor babies. You dont give a crap about dps for you dungeons and boss stuff. Its ALL about pvp and nothing else.

In truth THEY are the ones that want the easy way and love the Animation Canceling because it makes their macro spamming ;#$!,:&! Work.
    Without it they would just be a normal player with no extra edge in battle except their choices of builds and gear. JUST AS IT SHOULD BE.

SO keep making excuses. Soon enough you fanbois will be all thats left playing .
    It would have happened sooner but sadly the good mmo's the majority have been waiting for havent released yet.

When they do , then this game will be a ghost town since ZOS hasnt fixed THIS along with a ton of other crap. But its coming and players are dwindling already slowly just because they are getting fed up.

Yeah thats not how this works. You literally cant do 5 attacks in the fraction of a second since there is a global cooldown on abilities that you cant overwrite with macros.
    I like Animation cancelling and I happen to do endgame PvE so I do care About my dps.
    Macros also work without Animation cancelling, whats your Point?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its 5 attacks in a fraction of a second.

Its ALL about pvp and nothing else.

macro spamming

Man, and I thought those people who complain about AC without even understanding how it works have been on the down low recently. Delparis at least tries a bit. And the rest are mostly gone.

Guess stupidity can never go extinct, huh?
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about they do a trial campaign where it only allows players with 810+ cp and at least Palatine alliance rank instead so you don’t have pple work l2p issues constantly complaining?
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to know what the Devs are thinking when they read *** like this:

...google Global Cooldown (GCD) to educate yourself.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO ONE PERIOD can animation cancel with this kind of speed EVER. Here's a clip for you to watch and see for yourself. This is NOT Lagg as many Fanbois on here would like you to believe , and it certainly IS NOT possible without a macro PLUS animation canceling.

If an ability spell/mellee or any kind of attack is canceled then it SHOULD cancel the Attack all together. Just take out Animations all together for any kind of attacks and then we all will be on the same playfield and ANYONE can just simply go buy a Macro Mouse or Macro Keyboard and play the game .

@necronyteub17_ESO

I am the creator of one of the original melee bow stamblade builds(Sribes is using a Viper proc version of the same build) and I will tell you it needed no macros to use.

Yes, it relied heavily on animation cancelling(but so does any install-kill builds).

Basically you casted Magelight and held down Bow Heavy Attack, target an enemy and press Ambush/Surprise Attack/Incap key to activate it. The result was that the bow heavy got "ani-cancelled" and everything hit at once for 20-40k opening combo for an easy kill.

Tell me now how do you need a macro for something simple as press and hold mouse left button, hit a keyboard key, then basically do mouse click+key press till they die?
    Edited by susmitds on October 3, 2019 9:47AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Bolded part is a lie.

do watch you watch eso q&a's on twitch ?

When they were making decision to keep it in the game there wasnt even top players in the game yet. Maybe You should watch that twitch q&a and focus on the date when it was recorded or look for the 1st mentioning in the internet where they said it's unintended but they want to keep it.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You dont even know what You're talking about and how the setup You call for based on macro works. It's old footage from the times when You could charge bow heavy attack and hold it and then fire on will. Light/heavy attacks share separate global cooldowns from the abilities so it's very easy to make instant combo of heavy attack+skill. Funnily enough there is multiple moments in that video when animation cancelling was not even used and ful animation of abilities were fired.

We are on the same playfied right now. Everyone can learn to light attack weave and anmation cancell. No macro is needed for that. You would know that if You would spend more time on practicing it then making lying possts without any knowledge about the subject You're talking about.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Wish they could keep weaving and the fluidness and high skill ceiling but eliminate animation canceling. Cause sure it feels good playing but you can't honestly say it looks good. It seriously makes the game look broken. Go watch a good ani-canceler, it looks like they are bugging out with skills firing off randomly. Wouldn't doubt it's a big contributor to ESO being a nonfactor in e-sports and twitch. Gawd Fortnite looks better on stream than ESO. Throw AC into any ARPG and it would be fallout 76 levels of backlash and review bombing for releasing a broken game. If it stays I won't be butthurt cause I doubt they could find that balance but as soon as a good multiplayer Arpgmmo comes out eso will be dead. Lucky for ZoS Tera was too Korean and buggy itself.

League of legends, one of the recurring top games on twitch, has animation cancelling. If you don't ac, you lose precious time performing other actions. From auto attack cancelling to orb walking, it is a very important and powerful mechanic.

It's no where near the same thing or same level as eso. Cutting the auto attack animation short and a few other things but the ques are still there for the most part and don't look near as choppy and disjointed as eso ani canceling. Plus isometric vs 3rd person are very different in regards to animations and how they factor into mechanics. You will never see fromsoft(arguably the best 3rd person arpg maker) make a game so shoddy animation wise. You can dodge roll out of some things but a major part of 3rd person arpgs is tells and knowing when to animation lock yourself and when to avoid it. Infact both fromsoft and capcom have animation canceling but they actually animate it so it still looks fluid. You are grasping at straws to excuse shoddy work cause it benefits a play style.
  • Arca94
    Arca94
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I ever see in these anti-animation cancelling threads are people who don't understand the game, don't want to understand the game and would rather blame macros and cheating, because God forbid someone else is actually better than them at the game.

What makes these threads even more hilarious is when you guys post 'video evidence', which only further proves that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Both the PvP and PvE endgame population has been faltering of late due to poor performance and questionable combat changes, but removing Animation Cancelling would absolutely decimate it. Not because people would be worried they wouldn't be as strong, but because the game would become incredibly boring. I guess finally ZOS would have the pure housing RP community they've been striving for though :D
    Edited by Arca94 on October 5, 2019 6:53PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was here from beta and zos have def said it wasn't intended but they didn't want to remove it because to many top players relied on it for high dps and regarded it as giving the game an element of skill that setm them apart fro people who didnt know how to or simply couldn't because of there internet or pc setup..

I have no hate for jessica, but to speak frankly keeping in mind this was from 2014 when top players didnt even exist yet. Jessica has never really been very knowledgeable on the game system intricacies. This is farily obvious when you watch the many eso lives over the years, she is very much a community rep that dabbles in the game on a social level and is in no way a developer.
    Edited by exeeter702 on October 5, 2019 9:19PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You should probably stop before you embarrass yourself further....
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[sarcasm]I was at first skeptical, but the constant use of CAPS totally increased my literacy and ability to understand and agree with the points made here.[/sarcasm]

It is absolutely possible without a marco. Empower mechanic, ability to hold bow heavy attack, lots of stealth + crit bonuses interacting with each other, and a PvP environment where powerful defensive bonuses and sets weren;t given out like Halloween candy are the reasons why videos such as that were possible by legal gameplay.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 5, 2019 9:21PM
  • whiskidou
    whiskidou
    i MISS sribes
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    i sense fear.

No one is afraid of this dumb idea
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Didn't know it was possible to be this lost. Holy *** there is so many wrong things in that post :D I wonder how deep the hate must sit inside some of you.