The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a steam issue right now?

nryerson1025
nryerson1025
✭✭✭✭
PC NA unable to log in thru steam. says connection was not initialized thru steam. not sure if it's related to my client or if anyone has this issue
  • bigdeal15
    bigdeal15
    ✭✭✭
    I just received the same error
    The day I die will be like any other--only shorter.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    okay thank you. glad i'm not alone at least
  • averyfarmanb14_ESO
    averyfarmanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, having the same issue.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone open a ticket to let ZOS know?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sovaliah
    Sovaliah
    ✭✭✭
    I just had the same issue and a couple other people in my discord mentioned experiencing it as well
    Dunmer · MagSorc · PC-NA
    Co-GM of Heralds of Nerevar RP Guild
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    Seems lots are having this prob, myself included. There's a discussion thread on Steam too
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem.
  • Soulwatcher
    Soulwatcher
    ✭✭
    First Steam screwed me over on FFXIV not letting me play FFXIV non Steam account through Steam even though I bought the Steam version and now problems with ESO. Steam is doing a great job to make me happy!
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like Steam new launcher is the problem
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Started an hour and a half before the first post for me, and I'm still locked out. My housemate managed to get in, but my husband is also locked out.

Apparently Steam is having issues tonight. I've tried everything on my end - closing and restarting the launcher and Steam both. Rebooting computer. "Repair" game.

Mostly getting the "Not authorized" error. Sometimes "Unexpected error occurred... contact customer service."

Anyone considering buying the game - don't get it through Steam. There are absolutely no advantages, and occasionally, there are things like this.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Roxie5D
    Roxie5D
    ✭✭✭
    I just got kicked out and can't get back in now >.>
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    an acknowledgement from zos would be nice....
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    So one day I'll be dead and in hell and have to deal with whatever passes for customer service down there, and it sill won't be as bad as ZOS.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    log out of steam, then try again-it took me 3 times before i got in.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you all on Windows? The reason I ask is because once when I had a problem launching ESO through Steam, it was on a Tuesday after ESO had issued an update and Steam had issued an update-- and Windows had also issued an update, except it hadn't been auto-installed by my system yet. I updated Windows, rebooted my computer, then checked for Steam updates, and was finally able to launch ESO. It might have simply been that ZOS and Steam both got the issue sorted out by the time I'd finished updating Windows and rebooting, but you never know.

I can't try it myself, because the hard drive on my Windows desktop failed and I haven't replaced it yet. I'm playing ESO in Steam on my MacBook Pro for now, but I won't be trying to get on for another hour or so. I do know that I was able to get in this morning after the server maintenance, but haven't tried again since then.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    neverwalk wrote: »
    log out of steam, then try again-it took me 3 times before i got in.

unfortunately, that isn't working for me :(
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Are you all on Windows?

i am
  • Valongo
    Valongo
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same issue.
  • warpaintgreenb14_ESO
    warpaintgreenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Make sure Steam isn't set to launch at your windows startup. Close it out and reboot. Open up steam, select Change Account. Exit out and reboot your computer again. Login to steam properly and everything should be connected and you can log in. It's not just ESO being affected.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure Steam isn't set to launch at your windows startup. Close it out and reboot. Open up steam, select Change Account. Exit out and reboot your computer again. Login to steam properly and everything should be connected and you can log in. It's not just ESO being affected.

i can confirm this works--thank you!!
  • Adder1st
    Adder1st
    Ah nuts!!!! Wish I would have seen this a half hour ago. I've been trying to get in game all night. Tried everything. Finally deleted and started a reinstall. NUTS!!!!!!!!!
  • bigdeal15
    bigdeal15
    ✭✭✭
    Worked for me as well. Thanks
    The day I die will be like any other--only shorter.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    i seem to have gotten booted and can't get in again--tried the fix warpaint posted and now it doesn't work
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to log in right away on the EU PC server, but after I made sure I'd done my daily crafting before the 2 AM cutoff I got the login error when I tried to log in on the NA PC server. I'll try the suggested fix and hopefully that will work, although it seems odd that I didn't have trouble logging in on the EU PC server with the same account.

UPDATE: I just closed Steam entirely on my MacBook Air, then started it again without rebooting or trying the sign out/sign in procedure in Steam, and was able to log in on the NA PC server without any problems.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on September 18, 2019 5:21AM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the secret, Cap, there is always a Steam issue.

I did some magic trick to my wife's acco_unt so she wouldn't need Steam anymore, because for a while she lived afar and the only way we could "spend time" together in the evening was by gaming together. Steam issues were really pissing us off.

Basically, the magic trick involves buying the game a second time, so it's not to everyone's liking... Basically, connect to your ESO account page using your Steam ID, then buy the base game from your account page again. You now own the game twice, once on Steam and once as a "normal" game", and can now use both ways to connect. It doesn't reset your account or anything, so you keep your characters and everything. It *may* cause issues in the future, though. I'm good, but I can't predict the future yet.

Good luck, pals.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Steam was experiencing issues on September 17th leading to login issues. These issues should now be resolved. We are therefore closing this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.