The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

It feels wrong...

Crucified4sin
Crucified4sin
✭✭✭
So I was flipping through the furniture and the work station prices caught my eye...

So you want me to spend 20 some odd dollars for a single station?

I could buy one of the smaller houses for roughly the same price...That is simply absurd!

I know you can buy from guild traders..

However once seeing their prices in the traders, it infuriated me even more

Dude, 20 dollars in rl is equal to 40k in game gold? Gtfo of here.

You guys need to adress this gross over priced mess you call the crown store

• MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same with the 5k crown motifs lol

you could buy one of the assistants
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, of course. ZOS tells every player who posts a trade how much they are allowed to charge. It isn't the players who post a high price and hope the item sells for what they want; its all ZOS's doing. Massive conspiracy....none of the sales at the traders are actually posted by other players, IT IS ALL ZOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /sarcasm

Is there a problem with doing writs to get master writs to get *vouchers* to buy the stations? More than one of my guilds has attuned stations at the guildhouse; one guild has *all* the attuned stations. Members donated master writs/used vouchers. :shrug:
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    @JKorr, I get what your saying. And no there is nothing wrong with getting them via vouchers.. in fact that's how I am planning to obtain mine..

"It is the player who post the price not zos yada yada"

It kinda is zos..
    If you see something selling in c.s. for 20$ wouldn't that say to you "oh this (item) is worth a pretty penny of ig gold if people are paying 20 some odd bucks for in rl?

My quarrel was that they are accessible via c.s. at a steep price.. That high price then sets a precedence for the gold standard value in the guild traders.

And yes you can do it via writs. But that take's quite a long time. Sure it's easier with the help of guilds. However not everyone is in a super helpful/active guild.

Or perhaps they enjoy being anti social but that's all beyond the point.

You can be facetious as much as you want brother, The cold fact of the matter is the steep prices inside the c.s. DO have a direct impact on in game economy, and not for bettering.

For the price of one or two of those I could buy one of the (cheaper, yet nicer houses), that seems wacked out to me..
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really more like, "Players selling through the guild stores can be so greedy and price-gougey that those with no time/interest in getting enough coin for all the things they want can choose instead to pay ZoS for their instant gratification."

And it works. A lot. That's why so many gameplay features and items are added to the store by way of "convenience." The game is such a grind in every possible way that plenty of people would rather turn out their pockets than huff their way through a tedious, unmotivated, and wholly unsatisfying experience in the name of gold, lorebooks, skyshards, skill tree levels, etc.

IMO, it started all the way back with jerks scamming people for Werewolf/Vampire bites and killing the spawns to limit the market. Their whole model of "pay us to basically avoid other people" has snowballed from there.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is how I price everything.

I would venture to guess many people, if not most purchase the 15.00 dollar crown pack, which is for 1500 crowns ,or a 1:1 ratio.

At this rate, when you see something for 5000 crowns, its $50.00. When you see a home for 14000 crowns, its $140.00

The pricing for items in this game is beyond ludicrous, especially if you sub. I hate how collectors, or RP players are treated in regards to playing the game. If all you do is raid, sure you can play for the purchase of the game and all the DLC's and expansions without subbing and without the need for the crown store, but if you are a collector, or like to RP your characters you are forced into the crown store due to the fact most of those items can not be purchased with in game gold.

If subscribers could obtain these items with in game gold, I would not be writing this post.

Outside of these facts, the idea that a house in game cost more than the game itself is mind numbing.

Anyway, point is the game is designed to funnel the player to the crown store, even if that same player pays their dues by subbing. By making things stupid expensive in game, people might instead go to the crown store to purchase it.

The Guild Trader system by design is to make it hard for most people to make a lot of gold, and keeps prices high. Esp now with so many rich players in the high end guild traders who buy out everything and resell it at a higher price. But ZOS wants this because it drives people back to the crown store.

This entire game and everything done in it is designed to drive people to the crown store.
    Edited by Raideen on September 22, 2019 11:49PM