The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Falling through floors

Tyhar
Tyhar
✭✭
I have been playing ESO on and off since it released on ps4. Only ever really played 1 character. After the release of Elsweyr, I decided to make a necromancer to try it out. I've played numerous hours on my main character over the years and have never fell through a floor. But with my new necromancer character. I fall through floors quite a bit. Usually I slowly fall then it slowly floats back up to where I fell from. This process of falling then floating back up usually last about a minute. Sometimes this don't happen and I just fall for a second and I'm stuck in the floor and have to use the get me unstuck. I just don't understand why this is happening or how/if it can be fixed.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled which did not help. I just don't know what else I can do myself besides delete my character and start a new one and hope this problem doesn't appear again. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. The only thing I know about it happening is that it only happens in combat and seems to happen when I get hit with some type of knockback effect. Instead of getting knocked back I start falling through floor.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @Tyhar

Please try the follow steps to clean out your systems local data and cache.

Power cycle the console
    • Press and hold the [PS] button on your controller.
    • Turn off the PS4 with Turn Off PS4 and not "Enter Rest Mode".
    • Make sure the light goes out on the console and then unplug its power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    • Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the [PS] button on your controller.

Clear Save Data
    Deleting your Elder Scrolls Online saved data file can resolve some errors on console. Please be aware that deleting the save data will only reset your Options settings, and that no character data or game progress will be affected.
    • From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    • Go to Application Saved Data.
    • Click on Saved Data in System Storage
    • Select "Delete"
    • Select The Elder Scrolls Online.
    • Place ticks next to ESO Save Data.
    • Select [Delete] and then select [OK] to confirm your decision.

If these steps don't seem to resolve this issue for you, please open up a ticket with customer support here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post