Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Congratulations DC on winning Kaal NA/PC

Minnesinger
Minnesinger
✭✭✭✭✭
There is none who doesn´t think DC has already won the most competitive campaign. Such is the strength of the DC armies that both AD and EP fell far behing in scrores.
Amazingly the ever losing faction trained their soldiers and fought hard to earn this win. DC Daniel would be proud of you all (hope he sees this!).

What went wrong with AD? The previous 2 campaigns were won by them but now last. EP looked really strong in the beginning but quickly DC took the lead and kept it.

This day is DC´s. Shall this be remembered as the day when the hard work triumphed.
The wind is cold where I live,
The blizzard is my home,
Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm didn’t we win because some Oceanic guilds joined and they were busy zerging off hours? That’s what it looked like based on pops and the emp/scroll take notifications that kept popping up while I was in IC.
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Umm didn’t we win because some Oceanic guilds joined and they were busy zerging off hours? That’s what it looked like based on pops and the emp/scroll take notifications that kept popping up while I was in IC.

^^^^^
    This....
    MinnesotaKid

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say it I believe you might have some truth in it. All in all, everyone is free to believe what they wish. I would like to have some more information what made DC the strongest this time. There is only limited time I play.
    The blizzard is my home,
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the AD aussie guilds swapped to dc and gate camped EP..2 + raids gate camping a 1 bar faction while you’re almost poplocked

Yeah, lots of skill needed
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's who always wins campaigns, and always will until we have strong 24/7 population (haha) or dynamic scoring.

• Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who got second it was really close between ep and ad when i logged off?

• Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who got second it was really close between ep and ad when i logged off?

There’s still 22 hours left with ep ahead of ad by like 900
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all leave for a month and DC wins . Congrats lol
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

That's who always wins campaigns, and always will until we have strong 24/7 population (haha) or dynamic scoring.

Well I’m an off hours player and normally I’m quite defensive of what goes on at these times because there’s a lot of assumptions and miss information. And in fact that are some great small to medium scale fights and mostly populations are pretty equal. This is the one time of day where faction lock does seem to have helped. But, I know for sure this time DC was without a doubt dominating the map on off hours. Every time I looked we had larger pops and I was constantly getting messages about dethrones, emps and scroll takes.
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    We all leave for a month and DC wins . Congrats lol

mmmm ….. This theory need to be explored a little more, Stay away for another month to see if your theory is correct. :)

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Competitive is a bit of a stretch. During pop locked times the server was very competitive with the front lines changing. When the server was low pop, not so competitive at all.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

/thread
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    Because the AD aussie guilds swapped to dc and gate camped EP..2 + raids gate camping a 1 bar faction while you’re almost poplocked

True but the same was true of AD the previous campaigns. Next campaign they'll probably swap back and AD will again dominate due to off hours.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's normally how campaigns are won.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaigns are won by the faction with the biggest off-hours population. That’s pretty much always been true. This round it was us. Yay I guess, PvDoor FTW. I’ll happily take the rewards, and be very happy that the population is mostly balanced and evenly matched in prime time.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭

This did happen some nights but most of the time the former AD now DC guild pushed south taking on AD looking for a fight as EP sadly had so few on at times they were getting low pop bonuses many OCE nights and thus they were able to stay in second position until campaign end. The group in question rarely pushes EP and it tends to be others within DC who push EP to take scrolls etc.
    The guild in question runs as a ball group that has no opposite number to counter then so tend to dominate our OCE timezone atm. Thus their large win, just have to wait and see how the next campaign shakes out.

In 5+ years of play, I have never seen EP at such a low ebb population-wise most of that time it has been a red tide 24/7 lol
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    #weekdays
    If you know what I mean... :trollface:
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    lostcloud wrote: »

This did happen some nights but most of the time the former AD now DC guild pushed south taking on AD looking for a fight as EP sadly had so few on at times they were getting low pop bonuses many OCE nights and thus they were able to stay in second position until campaign end. The group in question rarely pushes EP and it tends to be others within DC who push EP to take scrolls etc.
    The guild in question runs as a ball group that has no opposite number to counter then so tend to dominate our OCE timezone atm. Thus their large win, just have to wait and see how the next campaign shakes out.

In 5+ years of play, I have never seen EP at such a low ebb population-wise most of that time it has been a red tide 24/7 lol

What? I never saw a DC "ball group".
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC STRONG !
    DC POWERFUL !
    DC IS DRAGON BORN !
    Edited by heng14rwb17_ESO on September 17, 2019 9:59AM
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »

What? I never saw a DC "ball group".

The former members of TKG rolled back onto DC from AD in OCE time zone they run most nights as a ball group around 10+. Know its not on the scale of US prime time but its hard to counter with the lower pops during OCE primetime of 3 to 5 hours. You usually find them down around fare, bb or bm most of the time, but if you have not come across them have no idea what stump you have been under :-)
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logging in around 8:00 a.m EST to see DC Emp and owning all the scrolls every morning 6 out of 7 days a week kind of guarenteed a DC win. When populations were balanced (pretty much evenings only EST) the factions were as usual all competitive
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will always play for AD. BUT...I was happy to DC finally win a campaign. It seems like it has been forever.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was just player who took pity for the losing faction. It’s fine though, honestly winning the campaign doesn’t really matter that much.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    I agree that winning the campaign really doesn't mean much. A lot of other people will never see it that way though. But I had an idea a while back. How about we disable global scoring as a whole, but still have individual scoring. Still have global buffs and rewards, just no winning and losing faction rewards. Give the best rewards to the top whatever % ap earning individuals across all three factions. Either way we all get rewarded like I got a freaking trophy for being the second worse team in my elementary school baseball team. Lol... Anyway, night capping wont be such an issue then. Just a thought. I'm even for removing faction locks, because even though I hate to say it, the pug smashing elites were correct on this.. Not enough pop in general for full time balance.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It runs in cycles, depending on what faction the Oceanic guilds are playing. Next month, a couple switch, and all of a sudden EP are painting the town red, metaphorically speaking.

And yes, even a single well comped ball group can do some real damage during off peak.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

It runs in cycles, depending on what faction the Oceanic guilds are playing. Next month, a couple switch, and all of a sudden EP are painting the town red, metaphorically speaking.

And yes, even a single well comped ball group can do some real damage during off peak.

Oceanic tine could have the same competition as the peak hours but unfortunately many guilds are on hiatus. It used to be the most fun time and again could be for many reasons. Even with a few more guilds spread across the factions we could have a way different situation.
    The blizzard is my home,
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Isn't that the only way to win any campaign?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ridiculous Oceanic guilds determine EP outcomes
    Its despicable.
    But then i guess you need to get your ap somewhere :)
    These people care nothing for the health of Cyro, so long as they win out-of-hours
    Edited by dtsharples on September 25, 2019 12:32PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Oceanic tine could have the same competition as the peak hours but unfortunately many guilds are on hiatus.

Maybe, but not now, there's too little population for anything other than an imbalance to occur.
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Ridiculous Oceanic guilds determine EP outcomes
    Its despicable.
    But then i guess you need to get your ep somewhere :)
    These people care nothing for the health of Cyro, so long as they win out-of-hours

Another quality post by dtsharples. They should all give up their jobs so they can play ESO in primetime....

Edited by Mr_Walker on September 24, 2019 2:31AM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving all the work you are doing mr walker <3

All you do is complain for the oceanic folk that nothing is fair, wah wah wah crying etc etc.
    Well it isn't fair that oceanic folks all stack into one faction on every single platform and ruin any semblance of balance.
    It is them, and them alone that are unbalancing the campaigns and they should be called out for it.
    Playing un-countered is a cowardly way to play, and they should be ashamed.

Edited by dtsharples on September 25, 2019 12:36PM