The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

NBs Shadowy Disguise only 3 seconds with passive

Avrael
Avrael
✭✭✭✭
Shadowy Disguise at Rank VI grants 3 seconds of invisibility... with the passive Dark Veil that gives +2 sec. to all shadow abilitys, that should be 5 seconds... but it isnt. Its always just 3, with or without the passive, tested it just now. This has to be a bug right?
"I mustache you a question."
"Well shave it for later."
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Working as intended.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not a bug. It is a scar left on a NB by the devs who were "removing redundacy" (in Elsweyr update i think). They have changed the passive from a % value to a flat seconds bonus boost. NB cloak was always 3 sec when maxed + passive.
    Options
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, so... why does neither the passive nor the skill mention this? Also im pretty sure Shadowy Disguise last patch was only 1 second at max rank and got the +2 from the passive... but i could be wrong i guess, but remember spamming the absolute hell out of it as a new NB back then because i didnt have the passive.

Well then the passive is just misleading now, thats pretty awful design. Not that thats something new in Eso, but still... this should be REALLY easy to fix, just change a few words, like... i wish i got paid for doing that little work.

And is there a reason for it to being 3 seconds max and not 5? Would it be too op? Is there ANY information to this as to why?
    Options
  • mierin
    mierin
    Soul Shriven
    5 would be insanely OP in PvP, even 3 is in many ppl's eyes. (that is, it would be in their eyes if they could see it. but they can't. because it's INVISIBLE.)
    Although it's not actual invisibility, just 'hidden' and be removed by many skills.

As Tommy stated it was always 3 secs maxd *with passive*. So not a nerf, but actually a buff to make it better for lowlevel players who do not have the passive. (they state that in the patch notes FYI)
    Edited by mierin on September 16, 2019 2:20PM
    Options
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, i guess i can see it being strong for PvP... but they should write this somewhere more obivious then just in patch notes, like i said, in the skills themselves would be great. For me it really seemed like a bug, because nothing ingame pointed to one passive just not working for one skill and that being intendet.

I mean honestly, 3 seconds is enough and im happy its usable now for casual overland play and some thieving, but i was just disappointed.
    Options
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this confusion is the result of the many layers of changes the devs have made to the game, combined with tooltips and animations not always being updated. NB skills have a lot of issues like this.
    Options
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ye i can tell, Relentless Focus still has the stamina regen visual, even tho it got changed like 3 times already? A lot of confusing stuff like this that would be fixed pretty easily, but its not priority in their eyes. Which is sad, because aesthetic is like 95% of reason to play this game.
    Options
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, on the PTS for the next patch the passive Dark Veil now reads:

"Increases the duration of your non-invisibility based Shadow abilities by 1/2 second/s."

I guess thats fair enough then...
    Options