Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Ai-Li's Skymirror for ESO?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
^This

For those who don't know, this is simply an item in WOW that allows you to look like the target you cast on and remain that look for 10 mins.

I think this is something fun to have, especially for trolling roleplay purposes.

Would be nice if the time is longer and copies the faction of NPC (only NPC, so you don't get hostile AI enemies in where you want to roleplay)

EDIT: Wow the amount of people disagreeing just because it's a feature in WOW....I guess some people have fragile hearts on forum here whenever WOW is mentioned
Edited by Lyserus on September 12, 2019 10:52PM

Ai-Li's Skymirror for ESO? 40 votes

Yay
30%
AelorinVhozekLinaleahSilverwillowGahmerdohnAetherderiusLyserusJaimehYdrisselleRed_FeatherTiZzA93DrFuzzyFish 12 votes
Nay
70%
vailjohn_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESONirntrotterTryxusGnatrakCaffeinatedMayhemTandorLucyferLightbringerTai-ChizykDKsUniteNyladreasTommy_The_GunShezzarrineSshadowSscaleVicarraWildRaptorXNairinheDarkenarlolEkzorka 28 votes
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Don't need crap from wow in this game.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Cue a dozen Almalexias running around Mournhold :D But it'd be fun if groups recreated the five companions, Lady Laurent and Stibbons, etc. I don't think it's a likely feature, and 10 minutes would probably be too long, but it's a fun idea. Maybe we could have a memento that we could aim at a target and assume their look for a few moments.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    150px-Icon_spy.jpg
    "I think not."
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    if you need your wow stuff go back to wow
  • DrFuzzyFish
    DrFuzzyFish
    ✭✭
    Yay
    Maybe an unlock form the dark brotherhood?
    Lyranth's essence mixed with Hist sap allows the Dominion to create skin-stealers in black-marsh So it's possible lore wise as well
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This screams Jesters' Festival to me. Maybe a junk in box fun clicky drop without a permanent equivalent.

Maybe :)
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    If you want look the same as your friends use the same costume.
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    And why is everyone trying to bring some wow garbage in ESO?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    and memento that allows you to look like your pet, while we are at it :D its fun you guys, just becasue another game did it, doesn't mean its not fun. and we already have mementos that let you look like something or someone else in game. so its not like its breaking anything that's already here, just expanding on it.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    Everquest 2 had a skill like that too!

It is so fun to play with. You'd pick a target and get to look like them.

I think it was enchanter that had it?

They also had this spell which was cool. https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Doppelganger
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nay
    While I am not against illusion items to add extra fluff and flavor to the game to keep it from being mundane. But should fit with in the game without borrowing from another. Since there is already a functional system in the game that could work as an updated goody while utilizing pop-culture like the few items already in the game...
    Why not something like:

Enchanted Disguise Kit (like 300-500 crowns)
    Take on the appearance of your primary target (Friend or Foe).
    Your Weapons and Skills remain unchanged, and if using on an aggressive target, the effect will only last for a short duration (10min).

Any Damage will remove the effect. But do not fret! Unlike traditional disguises, this one wont break, Sturdy like a Queen under pressure, helped created by a mysterious Stardust mage.
    Edited by StormeReigns on September 13, 2019 4:47AM
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    All these anti WoW comments.
    ZoS should shut down the entire game if you really don't want these "WoW garbage" in ESO.

Note: I don't play WoW and have only tried it once for 3 hours.
    Edited by Vhozek on September 13, 2019 7:19AM
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    It's not a bad idea but I know the result will be an absolute atrocity. So I have to say no.

I don't want everyone running around looking like the next iconic story line character just beacause they're "cool".

It breaks immersion on so many levels and I'm more than sure people would use it to troll peaceful roleplayers.
    Edited by Nyladreas on September 13, 2019 7:23AM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Let ESO be ESO, and WoW be WoW.

Besides: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Skull_of_Corruption
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I really do not understand all the nay sayers.

Everything that adds a little flavor is a good addition to the game.

I would not make exactly the same, but there is plenty of room to add illusion skills or staves that do something similar.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.