The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fatal Error 11

bodge2372
bodge2372
✭✭✭
I had a windows update yesterday and after it, when trying to start ESO up, hitting the play button caused it to launch with a black screen(sounds playing as normal and I could get to the character screen and enter the game). I tried a few different things to fix it(launching direct from ESO64.exe, changing some numbers in user settings folder, drivers all up to date) but no change. After trying a system restore, I now get Fatal Error 11 - Client Fatal Error. This happened to anyone else?
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a few other people been getting the same error message so maybe it's nothing to do with the windows update.
  • DrFuzzyFish
    DrFuzzyFish
    ✭✭
    Had a similar problem a few days ago had to do a repair from the launcher, maybe that'll help
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    I tried that when I was getting a black screen and it didn't work. I could try it with this problem. Maybe it'll work.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bodge2372

Deleting your existing ESO launcher and downloading a new one can help with Fatal Error 11.

DELETE THE ESO LAUNCHER FOLDER

PC: Go to the Launcher folder and delete it.
    • You can find this by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher.

DOWNLOAD NEW ESO LAUNCHER

Once you have deleted the folder, download the ESO Launcher from your account management page here to reinstall it. You can do this by logging in to your account on our website and clicking the Download Game button on the page for your appropriate platform.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    Already deleted and re-installed the launcher. Didn't work.
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    The repair tool seems to have worked this time. The game obviously needed breaking more for it to work,so it seems.