Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I return Crown Store furnishings?

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere; I searched this section without finding anything.

Today I purchased Khajiit Drapes, Grand because I felt certain that they would work in one of several rooms, but it turns out that they are just not the right dimensions for any of them — to narrow for one space but to tall for another. If possible, I would very much appreciate being able to return it and spend those 277 Crowns on something else.

If someone could direct me to an answer or the proper channel for requesting a return, I would appreciate it! :)

Best Answers

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can submit a ticket with an explanation you want something else instead. They may return it but it will be a one time deal if they do.

BTW, If they reply that they cannot then reply back to try again as the first reply is often an auto reply.

Good luck.
    Answer ✓
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a one way street my friend. Very unlikely to get the crowns back but yeah worth sending a ticket.
    Gl.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
    Answer ✓
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is why I’d love a proper preview feature. See how big items really are. The current preview just doesn’t do this. And the site people always send people to, doesn’t always help, usually with only another object or a high elf stood nearby for size comparison. (Don’t get me wrong the site is useful but it just doesn’t always help gauge item size for some people). I’d love a preview feature so people like myself who have trouble guessing/figuring out sizes can see the size of the item and see if it would fit in with what we’re creating at the same time. But never going to happen... 🙄

Doubt you’ll get a refund but always worth trying, you may get lucky.
    Answer ✓
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I accidentally bought one the other day while just previewing and did not think they'd take it back, so I didn't bother to try. I really do wish they had better confirmation on that.

You might submit a request since it was an accidental purchase, although perhaps they might wish to know why you confirmed the purchase then? Perhaps this is easy to do unintentionally on some platforms (I’m on PC).

I’m sure they wouldn’t want everyone requesting refunds for anything they change their mind on, etc., (and I won’t be), but I just wanted to say that ZOS was extremely prompt, courteous and helpful and did refund me for this purchase. :blush:
    I will confess that I was momentarily astonished when I was told to destroy the item rather than send it back, but then I realized, of course, how silly of me! :lol:
    Answer ✓
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have returned furniture I've purchased for crowns with no issue and it was for similar reasons aswell. They didn't really fit what I had in mind which I explained in the tickets and after 2 simple steps/replies I had refunded them.

It's not that hard to get a refund on things from the crown store and I don't understand people who claim it's impossible.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Answer ✓
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish they would enable previewing of furnishings in the home you are currently in! I am normally careful not to purchase furnishings I’m not 100% sure of but I took a chance on this because I thought for sure it would fit one place or the other...
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 13, 2019 2:53PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I accidentally bought one the other day while just previewing and did not think they'd take it back, so I didn't bother to try. I really do wish they had better confirmation on that.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of times this has happened to me is enormous just with gold. I really think in home preview should be available.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    The amount of times this has happened to me is enormous just with gold. I really think in home preview should be available.

Oh yes, this has happened to me a LOT with gold and crafting objects — disappointing, but at least then you can sell the furnishing for gold and recoup at least some of the cost. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find these drapes at any of the guild traders I checked. Next time I will just have to be more patient and stick to my rule of only buying Crown furnishings if I am absolutely 100% certain!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but you have to wait in line at the return desk and have your receipt.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have returned furniture I've purchased for crowns with no issue and it was for similar reasons aswell. They didn't really fit what I had in mind which I explained in the tickets and after 2 simple steps/replies I had refunded them.

It's not that hard to get a refund on things from the crown store and I don't understand people who claim it's impossible.

I did submit a ticket yesterday, explaining the reason as I did here, and the refund was so quick and easy, I was delighted! :) But based on all that I’ve read on the forums, I thought this was a one time thing or maybe something unofficially allowed for every x-amount of Crowns spent? Otherwise, why the general impression that it’s not possible or a one-time thing? Were the circumstances of the requested refund different? Such as “changed mind” or “found a better deal elsewhere”?

It would be great to have an official word from ZOS on this. If it was a one-time courtesy or so, I don’t want to abuse the system or chance buying something else that may or may not look as I’d hope in one of my homes. On the other hand, I would buy some additional furnishings if I knew I could expect a no-hassle refund if the piece didn’t work as I’d hoped.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious, though. Why did you buy the drapes in the first place? They are a craftable item and not expensive either.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious, though. Why did you buy the drapes in the first place? They are a craftable item and not expensive either.

I don’t have the design and I could not find it nor the drapes themselves at any price from any of the guild traders I checked. (I don’t use add-ons so it’s just going around major towns — usually Alinor, Rimmen and Vivec City — repeating my search.) And just to be clear, it was the grand drapes (purple item) and not the tattered drapes (blue item), the latter of which I do have the design for. Maybe I was simply unlucky in my timing or guild trader locations but I only have so much patience on how many items/categories I will repeatedly search for!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 13, 2019 4:29PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

I don’t have the design and I could not find it nor the drapes themselves at any price from any of the guild traders I checked. (I don’t use add-ons so it’s just going around major towns — usually Alinor, Rimmen and Vivec City — repeating my search.) And just to be clear, it was the grand drapes (purple item) and not the tattered drapes (blue item), the latter of which I do have the design for. Maybe I was simply unlucky in my timing or guild trader locations but I only have so much patience on how many items/categories I will repeatedly search for!

It's worth joining a few guilds - or even one dedicated to housing - to have a network of contacts to ask about crafting things. There are definitely players out there who know most (if not all) of the furniture styles and will happily craft for you when materials are provided. Just a thought for the future.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No addon is needed to look for items. :)
    https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/

Usually it's cheaper to simply buy the furniture over the blueprint, unless you plan to craft many and the blueprint is not expensive. I'm part of a housing guild and if I can't find what I'm looking for to a good price, then someone in my guild is often able to craft it. Or have a spare to sell.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No addon is needed to look for items. :)
    https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/

Usually it's cheaper to simply buy the furniture over the blueprint, unless you plan to craft many and the blueprint is not expensive. I'm part of a housing guild and if I can't find what I'm looking for to a good price, then someone in my guild is often able to craft it. Or have a spare to sell.

Thank you for the link! :smiley:

Yeah, I usually look for the item itself, unless I want a lot of them, but at times I have bought the blueprint when I couldn’t find the item itself. I will look for a housing guild, although it seems most of the housing enthusiasts on the forum are on the EU server. I’m sure there must be on NA as well but it would be lovely to be acquainted with some of the members before joining! :)
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could at least let us trade them in for credit or something, to buy different furniture.
  • theplague4u

I don't know his reason, but for me I didn't know you could. Total noob move on my part. Now I buy from crafters in game, if its within a reasonable market value. Eventually I'll be a furniture maker myself.