Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cunning Scamp vs. Trove Scamp spawn chance

Ufretin
Ufretin
✭✭✭✭✭
I always thought it was 1:1 but so far it looks more like 1:3 to me:

zEPdHMe.jpg

Can anyone confirm these numbers? Am I just having an unlucky streak? Does it depend on a particular farming location?
I'm asking because an 1:3 ratio would make getting both achievements much more annoying... :s
  • TeamSeinfeld
    TeamSeinfeld
    ✭✭✭
    My numbers are most likely too small to get a more accurate assessment but at the moment I have 15 Cunning and 17 Trove.
  • Auroan
    Auroan
    ✭✭✭
    Old thread, but wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue since I'm going back at this achievement again. Yes, this is a very common issue. By the time I had 100 Trove Scamps, I had roughly mid 30's of Cunning Scamps. Looks like you're on the same route. The past two days I've been solo farming (best done with 2 people because of their spawning pattern), and I've only had a few Cunning. Troves? Plenty of them (though, as I write this, I've gotten 3 Cunning in a row, so that's probably my Cunning for the month, knowing RNG, lol).

Why ZOS decided it was a good idea to require you kill 100 of EACH when one is clearly more rare than the other, I have no idea. Most Slayer achievements in dungeons, for example, are properly proportionate to where you'll be required to kill a few hundred of a common enemy, but roughly 40-50 of a more rare enemy in the dungeon. This is the case for places like City of Ash 2 (Veteran Flame Colossus Slayer; 50) and Icereach (Frost Atronach Slayer; 45). If it was 1:1, or if one area spawned Trove and another area spawned Cunning, that'd be much better since players could have the opportunity to farm which ever they wanted while still respecting the waiting game on the 5 minute spawn timers, but instead we face RNG.

I'm currently at 64 Cunning. 1 more year and I may have this. Hope your Scamp adventures have yielded better results!
    Edited by Auroan on February 27, 2020 10:48PM
    "And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
    Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
    With a hunger to swallow the world!"
    54k Achievement Point Club