Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – September 26, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can find the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

A Champion Points Question.

RPGplayer13579
RPGplayer13579
✭✭✭✭
Will the Physical Weapon Expert bonus work if your character is using only a one-handed weapon while leaving the other hand empty? Thank you.
Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.

Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.

Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.

Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.

Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.

Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Cheerful.

Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.

Best Answer

• Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it should work, even if you use a 1-hander and leave the other slot empty. You will however be strictly weaker and unable to use any weapon abilities if you play like this.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
    Accepted Answer
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the Physical Weapon Expert bonus work if your character is using only a one-handed weapon while leaving the other hand empty? Thank you.

Yes.

If its a single handed weapon, I think you will get access to the duel wield skill line and the appropriate CP bonuses will apply.

But, why would you only have a weapon in one hand? You are potentially halving your damage output... If its for RP/aesthetic reasons, perhaps you could consider the 2H weapons and access that skill line. There are some smaller options aesthetically that kind of look like a normal "hand and a half" swords/weapons. Or maybe go for a larger 1H weapon in one hand, then a small dagger in the other...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    Community Ambassador
    Note that you may only get half the Enchantment value if you use just a 1 Hand Weapon and no Shield. Or half a DW setup.

Better to use a smaller two handed weapon.
    Edited by Nestor on September 10, 2019 1:01PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is for my 9th character. With this weapon choice, I will focus more on class skills instead of dividing the skill slots between weapon and class options.
    Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.

Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.

Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.

Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.

Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.

Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Cheerful.

Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.