The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We need anti-cheat software for PvP

ShellaSunshine
ShellaSunshine
✭✭✭
I love PvP games!

But...

I don't love the fact that cheaters run wild in Battlegrounds and Cyrodiil. Yes, I know I can report them but it doesn't appear to be all that effective.

It doesn't happen often but when it does, I just end up frustrated and quit the game.

Please Zenimax, if you see this, give us an anti-cheat system for PvP!

Don't allow cheaters to run over all of the honest players in the game.

Btw, it did happen tonight in Cyrodiil. I went to help take Roe and this guy comes up and I killed him. He didn't do very much damage. He then later comes back and one shots with a 50k poison arrow. I tried to screenshot the damage score card and my game crashed.

I don't think that's even remotely possible. Considering I fought him earlier and he barely did 2k on me. I think he got mad at me for "sitting" on him...

I'm not the best player in the world but I'm sick of seeing cheaters and exploiters. It's not fair to the majority of players who actually enjoy playing PvP for the fun and challenge. It's simply not fun fighting against cheaters.

This is something we need now.

You can do what Pay Day 2 does and give the players who get caught cheating a "CHEATER" tag over their character to warn other players or throw all of the cheaters on a separate server and let the cheaters fight the cheaters. That would be hilarious.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, how do you know he didn't just go switch gear to a gank build? I mean really, why when something like this happens is everyone's first reaction that they are cheating.I see so many people get accused of cheating it's ridiculous. It's really not nearly as easy to cheat as people act like it is. Not like everyone playing is a Russian hacker or something, geez
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By poison arrow do you mean poison injection or lethal arrow or maybe you mean toxic barrage which is the ultimate? But as far as I know those calculations are server side so Im not sure how possible it would be to alter the damage on something like that. I hate to ask but are you wearing impenetrable gear? Do you have enough resists? If you're not maybe you got hit with crazy crit damage.

Im asking because in 4+ years of ESO PvP I have never seen anyone cheat. And there definitely aren't that many people cheating and exploiting where you would get sick of seeing it. The reason reporting people doesn't seem that effective is because you're not providing any evidence. Or, ZOS reviews the case and finds the person actually wasn't cheating, you just dont understand the game well enough to know whats going on. Lots of people in this game like to blame things they don't understand on cheats. False accusations of cheating are far more prevalent than actual cheating, and lately its gotten to the point where it is just laughable.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 31, 2019 1:26AM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50k poison arrow doesnt make sense. Toxic barrage maybe? And what platform?
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti-cheat software ? Their is already one, and that mostly why Cyrodil is full of lag and fps drop :|
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vapirko is correct most calculations were moved server side a long time ago to combat cheating. There are also built in protections for movement, as in if the server thinks you've travelled too far too quickly it locks out that character for a time. All the anti-cheat measures they put in place also contribute to server lag btw.

Now, none of this means that there isn't still forms of cheating still going on, but it's not nearly as prevalent as the flying infinite meteor days lol.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on August 31, 2019 1:31AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    lmao, basically a guy with no proof, no skill, no thorough understanding of game mechanics, and no thorough understanding of the current bug IMMEDIATELY accuses someone of cheating rather than asking whats wrong. 10/10 shitpost just because he thinks someone else cheated cause he either died to a bug or got outplayed without even knowing how. ZOS probably put a cast time on dawnbreaker cause too many of this type of scrub complained about "cheating" while dying to animation cancel.
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    Ya t-bagged and got rekt...had it coming :)
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HELL NO. This is one of the few games on the market that doesn't root your system with third-party garbage.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    50k? Seriously you've lost all credibility at this point.