The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which chapter is you favourite one so far, and why?

TheQueenOfWorms
Bosmer Nightblade
Xbox EU

Which chapter is you favourite one so far, and why? 177 votes

Morrowind
38%
GilvothEarrindodaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOJahoelMurderMostFoulIruil_ESOkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOKon4hrikcorpsebladehondelinkMasterSpatulaJeremyJenziArtemiisiaFermianHookgrinDavorZorgon_The_RevengedCinbriCastagere 68 votes
Summerset
39%
mattc9306b14a_ESOdcam86b14_ESODarcyMardinTryxusAimorakickback120ub17_ESOTavore1138kimaerilOlauronStreegaAdernathrobboliciousWeerW3irRagnaroek93CalandraeEnemy-of-ColdharbourLucyferLightbringerListerJMCDerraFilteredRiddle 70 votes
Elsweyr
22%
chuck-18_ESOSantieClawsAlienSlofstarlizard70ub17_ESOManwithBeard9baratronSewerFairyVDoom1ProfessorKittyhawklillybitHetairaZombabe1ZorrinShadow_AkulaBobby_V_RockitEshjaAkromaAngelOfWrathDark_Lord_KuroChickenSuckerAurie 39 votes
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind. Only one I completed Main Quest in. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    It's a beautiful island with amazing architecture. <3

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • TheQueenOfWorms
    Summerset
    Btw, mine is Summerset. I enjoyed the Story the most, especially with the Psijic Order. Also, Summerset is the prettiest province for me.
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Xbox EU
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    There is some magic and positive vibes while you are in Summerset. It is also unique in it's own way. As well as jewelry crafting and psijic skill line brought a lot to build variety. While Morrowind is a toy copy of original TES3 and Elsweyr is very showy, but somewhat shallow and brings nothing if you are not a necromancer.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    I picked Morrowind because it was very nostalgic for me since a lot of the architecture and afcourse the places reminded me of TES
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Summerset. Being able to join the Psijic Order pretty much sealed it for me :)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr
    I wasn’t a fan of the daedric prince story arc and the narrative execution of it - with the exception of Clockwork City - just wasn’t very good. Not bad, mind you, just not very good.

All of them are excellent, though.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    I started playing Elder Scrolls back in original Morrowind so that's my favorite
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset
    Because how gloriously beautiful it is and how it surpassed everything I ever imagined about the homeland of the Altmer
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Because I am a high elf and therefore better than everyone else.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Haven't tried Elsweyr, only on Murkmire at the moment.
    But Clockwork City and Summerset were horribly implemented, so Morrowind is the winner by default. Probably thanks to the rich pre-work they had in TES3 to draw on.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Summerset for multiple reasons <3
    - We was never there before
    - Not washed out as Morrowind chapter. (no. im not hate it. but Morrowind is kinda not like the original)
    - Finaly breathing, living, giant cities.
    - its like Tuscany <3
    - the storyline of it is the greatest so far from ESO. its like a non mmo story.
    - lovely characters.
    - leading up the multiple realities and time traveling conception into TES lore and ESO lore.
    - Altmers
    - And for the end. This is how you show a never seen before place into ESO.not like Elsweyr. the story of Elsweyr is boring, the zone is not unique, and not have that charm which Summerset and Morrowind had. Its should have been such great place if they making the cities to be that great, and ancient as the Altmers had.
    Like Dune could have get a renovate and look like this.
    Dune.jpg

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all tied for 3rd place. I'll have a favorite when they get around to doing a chapter in a DC zone.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr
    High Elves and Dark Elves just irritated me with with ungrateful name calling and superiority complexes, yet still needed babying the whole dang time. TheKhajiit are a much more pleasant race to assist.
  • Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭
    All trash
    PS4 NA
    Medium Stam Dk since launch
    Technologically incompetent I'm told

Solo play is the only way
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Most complete but Orsinium DLC is better.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    I went with summerset because it's a place we've never been before in other games extensively.
    You forgot Orsinium or I would've voted for it.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urusovite wrote: »
    All trash

Which is another player's treasure.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • TheQueenOfWorms
    Summerset
    I went with summerset because it's a place we've never been before in other games extensively.

Well, Orsinium is technically just a DLC, like Murkmire and Clockwork city etc., not a chapter
    But maybe I should've put them in..
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Xbox EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, Orsinium is technically just a DLC, like Murkmire and Clockwork city etc., not a chapter

Orsinium is what the current chapter model was based off.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Orsinium is what the current chapter model was based off.

Wrothgar > Elsweyr

Summerset > Morrowind > Wrothgar > Elsweyr
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Morrowind for the same reason TES3 is my favorite game. The alien landscape, the culture that is an amalgamation of several existing cultures but in an new and complex combination, the intrigue of working within a culture built entirely on lies and trying to keep it intact because the consequences of collapse are too great.

Of course, there were disappointments. I hated how many doors weren't intractable, I wasn't crazy about how Ashlander culture seemed to have been simplified, I thought it was a weird letting-Dunmer-off-the-hook by having no one complain about giving up their slaves considering how adamant they all are about slavery being a cultural right in TES3. And, especially, I was disappointed that one of the most iconic locations in the game, Arkngthand, not only didn't have any content but was completely blocked off.

But despite all those disappointments, I really, really, really, really hope a Dagon Fel/Sheogorad DLC is in the works for release relatively soon. (I'd even accept it as a dungeon DLC like they did with Falkreath.)
    Edited by MasterSpatula on August 30, 2019 10:41PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Elsweyr is more comparable to Wrothgar in my opinion. A very well written DLC, but a bit too small to call it a chapter.
  • TheQueenOfWorms
    Summerset
    Morrowind for the same reason TES3 is my favorite game. The alien landscape, the culture that is an amalgamation of several existing cultures but in an new and complex combination, the intrigue of working within a culture built entirely on lies and trying to keep it intact because the consequences of collapse are too great.

Of course, there were disappointments. I hated how many doors weren't intractable, I wasn't crazy about how Ashlander culture seemed to have been simplified, I thought it was a weird letting-Dunmer-off-the-hook by having no one complain about giving up their slaves considering how adamant they all are about slavery being a cultural right in TES3. And, especially, I was disappointed that one of the most iconic locations in the game, Arkngthand, not only didn't have any content but was completely blocked off.

But despite all those disappointments, I really, really, really, really hope a Dagon Fel/Sheogorad DLC is in the works for release relatively soon. (I'd even accept it as a dungeon DLC like they did with Falkreath.)

I was thinking about the Sheogorath thing too! A Shivering Isles DLC would be so cool. I'd definetely buy that, lol.
    I assume the next chapter is going to be Skyrim though.
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Xbox EU
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Summerset, it’s when I started which is always the most fun part of MMOs.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love public dungeons. They are my favourite part of the game.

Morrowind's public dungeons are some of the best!
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsweyr
    Kitties, excellent characters, enjoyable zone quests, beautiful zone design, the best designed delves in the game. My second-favorite zone and my favorite chapter, by a wide margin.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
    I have fond memories of clam hunting last summer and autumn. It was hugely profitable then, and I enjoyed it very much. These days it's not so profitable, but it's still relaxing once in a while in the same way fishing is sort of therapeutic.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    Favourite overall: Morrowind - The main story was boring, but the side quests were great. I also enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the zone, from the music to the architecture. ZOS really paid attention to the details in this expansion.

Favourite environment: Elsweyr - It's the biggest chapter in terms of landmass, and the verticality adds some fun to the exploration. The stories were boring though (both main and side quests). I didn't feel any connection to the NPCs

Summerset was the weakest chapter for me. Although it had some interesting quests, the zone itself felt the most lifeless out of the 3.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 31, 2019 12:46AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind
    I love Vvardenfell design. Elsweyr comes next. Summerset was such a big disappointment that I didn't buy it, just played it for free with Plus.
    Edited by TelvanniWizard on August 31, 2019 6:49AM