The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestions for faction lock

TexGod
TexGod
✭✭✭
I know faction lock posts are getting old and boring, but it's still something that should be talked about.

The majority of PVPers in cyrodiil are against faction lock.
ZOS should implement a new system where you can play on any faction you want but you just won't appear on leaderboards or receive awards.
I'm not someone who plays cyrodiil for leaderboards or rewards, I'm simply here to get good fights.

I play on DC and have noticed that since DC was the dead faction last campaign, most people who swapped factions came here. My guild struggles to find good fights and we all would take getting no rewards and being able to get competitive fights over the alternative.

If this change was implemented it would allow people to play on the faction they want while still getting good fights, and not having to guess at which faction will be the most dead next campaign just so they can attempt to take a keep and have 100 other people from their faction show up. All faction lock has done is crowd the big groups of players to the same faction every campaign since it came out, and frankly has made Cyrodiil rather boring.
@S_oviet
GM of Cutest Boys
PC/NA
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TexGod wrote: »

that is simply not true.
    half of us love the faction locks
    and half the population hate it.

please stop saying majority are against it because thats just not true.
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

that is simply not true.

It's not half and half look at any poll that has been posted on here. The majority dislike faction lock.
    You can't give me a serious reason as to why my suggestion is unreasonable, either.
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is simply not true.

It's not half and half look at any poll that has been posted on here. The majority dislike faction lock.
    You can't give me a serious reason as to why my suggestion is unreasonable, either.

Polls on the forums aren't remotely respresentative of the playerbase. Its too small of a sample size.

ZOS, who actually does have the data to look at the whole of the playerbase, recently stated in the Combat Q&A that they have no plans to change the faction lock. So its accomplishing what they expected it to.

A word of advice. It really helps when you specify your platform/server and campaign.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be ok with not receiving rewards in my off alliance character. I hardly play my nb since he is my only AD. Kinda sucks to have a character and not really use it.
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭

that is simply not true.

Polls on the forums aren't remotely respresentative of the playerbase. Its too small of a sample size.

ZOS, who actually does have the data to look at the whole of the playerbase, recently stated in the Combat Q&A that they have no plans to change the faction lock. So its accomplishing what they expected it to.

A word of advice. It really helps when you specify your platform/server and campaign.

And that's fine. Faction Lockers can have their RP and think its doing anything to the game but killing cyrodiil. I just want them to know that faction lock is the reason why PC NA is dead anytime but primetime.
    I just don't see a reason why my solution can't be implemented. It seems the only people who would be against it are just looking to ruin other peoples fun (most faction lock supports are).
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is probably the same data that is telling them the game runs perfectly fine, and lags and bugs are just issues made up by forum whiners.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know faction lock posts are getting old and boring, but it's still something that should be talked about.

ZOS should implement a new system where you can play on any faction you want but you just won't appear on leaderboards or receive awards.
    I'm not someone who plays cyrodiil for leaderboards or rewards, I'm simply here to get good fights.

I play on DC and have noticed that since DC was the dead faction last campaign, most people who swapped factions came here. My guild struggles to find good fights and we all would take getting no rewards and being able to get competitive fights over the alternative.

If this change was implemented it would allow people to play on the faction they want while still getting good fights, and not having to guess at which faction will be the most dead next campaign just so they can attempt to take a keep and have 100 other people from their faction show up. All faction lock has done is crowd the big groups of players to the same faction every campaign since it came out, and frankly has made Cyrodiil rather boring.

just remove faction lock altogether
    Edited by chris211 on August 30, 2019 1:22AM
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

It is probably the same data that is telling them the game runs perfectly fine, and lags and bugs are just issues made up by forum whiners.

Lol I find it hilarious when people claim half of cyrodiil is for faction lock its great
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    faction lock is awful
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    faction lock is awful

^
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped believing that any positive change could happen for ESO. That's why I don't believe faction lock will be lifted.
    Hopefully there will be soon a quite nice game with siege and medieval combat PvP - Conqueror's Blade.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*Sigh* This again.

An opinion stated many times doesn't make it more factual. My opinion is that a majority don't care either way, and the ones that do care are split, with a small majority supporting faction locks, based on what I see in the forums.

Regardless, ZOS has proven that they don't necessarily do what's popular with the player base, and yet another pointless rehashing of the same tired arguments for and against faction locks just won't change that.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the faction locks
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care one way or the other, but it would be logical to offer faction moves in the crown store if you are going to have faction lock. Considering everything else that is for sale, I'm a little surprised that they missed that one.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is simply not true.

The truth is whatever fits the agenda they want to push
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I don't care one way or the other, but it would be logical to offer faction moves in the crown store if you are going to have faction lock. Considering everything else that is for sale, I'm a little surprised that they missed that one.

I think they said they can't do it because of the way the game is programmed.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |