The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to change from Group to Solo without getting Removed from Instance

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Suppose you are in a Dungeon or Craglorn Group delve and your teammate(s) need to leave. Anyone who ends up solo starts a countdown that removes them from instance, even if they are the team leader who initiated the instance.
Is there a trick to letting them leave while staying in the instance so it doesn't reset when you re-enter? Or somehow keeping the instance progress when you re-enter.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enter solo = no kick timer

bye1.gif

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the PC you used to be able to enter the Dungeon Manually and not have the kick timer come on. Perhaps it still works that way. Consoles will kick no matter what you do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Enter solo = no kick timer

Yes I know. The problem is when I'm doing a solo run to experience the story and I can't clear a boss I'd like to get some help for that boss but not have to have the person stick around for the rest of it while I listen to dialog and hunt for books and stuff.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be just an additional "story mode" difficulty for the dungeons, with a comparable "difficulty" level as overland/delves.

No dungeon-specific drops in that mode - enemies and bosses would only drop overland gear appropriate to the zone the dungeon is located in.
    And completing the dungeon on that difficulty wouldn't count towards an Undaunted pledge, to prevent abuse.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have someone who helps you change to a different character first. Instead of dropping group after, they can just switch to the character they wanted to play originally. Your group should be maintained by the offline character should they need to drop.
    Playing since beta...
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    Have someone who helps you change to a different character first. Instead of dropping group after, they can just switch to the character they wanted to play originally. Your group should be maintained by the offline character should they need to drop.

Hmm I'll have to test this. Thanks!