The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group dueling

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
I originally put this in the battle grounds and dueling forum but not a lot of people go to that forum. But, here is the link if you want to see the original post.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491420/group-dueling#latest

The basic idea is that a simple way to add new PVP content would be to allow group dueling. People really want a battleground with just two sides. The easiest way to make this happen is allow the group leader of one group be able to challenge the group leader of another group to a duel. No need to create new maps because you could do this anywhere. The only requirement should be the two groups have to be the same size. So 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, etc.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that limiting locations to specific maps or areas would be necessary.

For one, necromamcers can't use their full complement of skills everyone you can duel.

Second, many players already don't appreciate the performance impact of 1v1 duels near wayshrines and crafting areas. Group duels would be worse.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭

For one, necromamcers can't use their full complement of skills everyone you can duel.

Second, many players already don't appreciate the performance impact of 1v1 duels near wayshrines and crafting areas. Group duels would be worse.

I wouldn't be against limiting to specific areas like major cities. However, you should let it be next to the out of the way wayshrines.

But, what do you think of the overall concept?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling Zos is not going to be interested. The reason is performance as so much dueling does occur in populated areas as it is. Zos would have to make a change that impacts all that like to duel to appease those that want groups.

That does not even get into that a group of 4 can already get into BGs. So where do you stop with group duels? So doubtful.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »

I wouldn't be against limiting to specific areas like major cities. However, you should let it be next to the out of the way wayshrines.

But, what do you think of the overall concept?

The general concept is fine. Theorectically, ZOS could adapt the current dueling system to allow challenges and extend the current dueling fighting area for groups of different sizes. Or ZOS could just expand Hammerdeath arena properly.

But as always, the real question is whether or not ZOS wants to develop it. They've already got BGs to cater to the "I just wanna small scale, no zergs" crowd. Plus, group dueling could easily lead to a drop in BG players. ZOS wants to keep the BG population as high as possible to avoid issues with queue times and MMR.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    they dont even have time to make a proper balance changes lmao
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just add this to BGs. Allow for 2v2 up to 12v12 (if the servers could handle it)

I would do 2v2-4v4 quite a bit if they allowed it.