Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Shield styles

essi2
essi2
✭✭✭✭✭
Any plans on ZOS' part of making any more good looking ' Large' tanking shield styles or is the plan to keep pumping out tiny bucklers?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by essi2 on August 30, 2019 9:28PM
"The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The smaller ones are the more magical ones. They work the same way light armour works.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not the best way to give constructive criticism to the Art Team?? :*

Because “good looking” is quite a subjective statement.

In my opinion, there are quite a few large shields that look nice.

Which makes me suspect the OP has few shield styles learned ... or has expectations that are too high.

A couple pics of nice-looking tanking shields including Engine Guardian and Silver Dawn:

r0vP297.png

8SsBjBF.png

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't EG crown store exclusive as well as limited time?
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am partial to larger shields tend to use the Silken Ring shield on my tank, sometimes Trinimac, Ebon Heart and Order of the hour motif styles.

Never seen the appeal of all the tiny shields myself, I like a shield that at least looks like its going to stop an attack.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only one shield I’d like zenimax to put in game. The Greek Hoplon - basically a large bronze disk shield but sadly I think it’d be too big to implement (they were quite large... covered most of the body) and I don’t see any lore-friendly motif or style it could fit in with...
    bmnoble wrote: »
    I am partial to larger shields tend to use the Silken Ring shield on my tank, sometimes Trinimac, Ebon Heart and Order of the hour motif styles.

Never seen the appeal of all the tiny shields myself, I like a shield that at least looks like its going to stop an attack.

Any shield of any size can block an attack... but I do understand “the bigger the better” shield thing though, being given a small shield doesn’t always exactly inspire confidence.

S.A.96
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are tons of larger sized shields. Have you looked at this website lately? In my experience it is way harder to find bucklers. Most of the shields are mid-sized to large (granted none of them are tower shields but I don't think they will ever add those due to clipping issues).

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/weapon/shield/
    Edited by Starlock on August 30, 2019 3:14PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »

Large shields, when on the back, have a strong tendency to clip into character models. Running, crouching, and idle standing all pose things a bit differently and I've had different shields clip into my characters head in one or more of them (and not always for the same action, I know ancient elf was ok crouching but problematic running and something n else was the opposite. And Thieves Guild clipped in all settings)