The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Bug] The Veiled Choice - Auridon - Stuck at the first step of the quest

The92Ghost
The92Ghost
✭✭
It seems that for some reason The Veiled Choice doesn't count that I've crossed the tunnel and entered the Southern Ruins as per quest the description. I am following everything but all I am getting is the screenshot below and I cannot progress with the quest at all...

pdc1amxk228v.png

How I am supposed to complete the quest if all the tracking doesn't work properly and on top of that doesn't recognise my accomplishment of crossing the tunnel.
  • The92Ghost
    The92Ghost
    ✭✭
    Forgot to add that I did Abandoned and Retaken the quest several times, I tried /reloadui, and I even re-logged. None of those worked!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you talk to the Argonian named Delves-Deeply at the end of the tunnel before going to the South Ruins?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • The92Ghost
    The92Ghost
    ✭✭
    There wasn't such NPC I think he had an entirely different quest and yes I did that quest in the same area. There is no NPC in the tunnel to speak with at all...
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @The92Ghost

If your quest is not recognizing your actions, if you have not already, we recommend leaving this area entirely so that you load into a new area. Then return to the quest location to see if it registers.

If this does not work for you, please submit a ticket with customer support at help.elderscrollsonline.com so we may assist you further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Gnatz
    Gnatz
    ✭✭
    This just happened to my wife's installation as well, exactly as described above. She was able to complete the mission by going to the south ruins, north ruins, then the ship, even thought the map never registered exiting the tunnel and showed THAT as the quest waypoint. Finished this and the related mission from Delves Deeply with no quest waypoints -- without help, it would have been very difficult to find all the locations inside Quendaluun.
    Gnatz

"The squeaky wheel gets the kick." -- Minsc
  • DrowElfMorwen
    DrowElfMorwen
    ✭✭
    I had this same issue today, for the second time (on second character doing this quest). The marker is bugged.
    3d Artist: https://deviantart.com/drowelfmorwen
    Wheel of Time Fan :: James Cameron's Avatar Fan
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • izanagiprime
    izanagiprime
    ✭✭
    Got this a couple of weeks back, before Dragonhold dropped. Couldn't be bothered to submit a ticket and just proceeded with the quest.

This one should be about the missing daughter yeah? Just go into that ruin (the black unexplored mark, you are standing right next to in that picture) you can proceed the quest even without the quest marker if you have even a modicum of common sense, but i think you realized that already seeing as you're right there.

There should be another quest in the area, delves deeply or something as someone mentioned. The marker for the stuff you need to burn won't show up either, but you can find them by wondering around the area.