Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Be able to use Mimic Stones for Furnishing Plans etc.

Hapexamendios
Hapexamendios
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I’d like to see this myself. It could be made an option after you have mastered a specific style. Any opinions?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mimic stones in place of what, furnishing mats?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The style materials that are needed for some of them. Stuff like Shimmering Sand for Anequina Style or Culanda Laquer for Sapiarch. Both those are used for Elsweyr and Alinor furnishings respectively.
    Edited by Hapexamendios on August 28, 2019 5:30AM
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Mimic stones in place of what, furnishing mats?

Style materials.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Style mats for furniture are very easy to obtain, except for perhaps culanda lacquer. Most of them can just be farmed from nodes in the various zones, even shimmering sand can be obtained from deconning Anequina gear. I think hackwing hide can be deconned from some Murkmire gear.

It’s the style mats for motifs like the ones from dlc dungeons that I occasionally use mimic stones instead.

I sincerely doubt ZOS would allow use of mimic stones for culanda anyway, they’ve purposely made it hard to get.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one way they would is if they could make money on it selling mimic stones. Probably not enough demand for it though.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sincerely doubt ZOS would allow use of mimic stones for culanda anyway, they’ve purposely made it hard to get.

ZOS already allows use of mimic stones in place of Culanda Lacquer when crafting Sapiarch style. What’s the difference between that and using mimic stones for the furniture that calls for it?

I feel that the OP has a sensible idea.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Culanda is not hard to get if you know where to find it (hint: it’s not the guild stores).

Regardless, I’m pretty sure ZOS is aware of how worthless mimic stones are ... they haven’t had value since the debut of the Outfit overlay. That dates back to OneTamriel.

Any ideas to improve their worth are cheerfully welcomed.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 29, 2019 8:18PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Culanda is hard to get in that you can only get 3 of them per character per day. I know exactly how to get it.

Obsidian however, can be farmed all day long for as long as I care to open containers. I can pick up dozens or even hundreds if I have the time. I can also decon stuff to get it. Not so with culanda.

Edited by katanagirl1 on August 30, 2019 4:41AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably have not implemented it, so that people will buy their furniture packs on the crown store.

If it were easy for crafters to mass produce in demand furniture pieces to the point where they became easy to find in guild stores, you would become actual competition to the crown store, that out weighs any profit they would make selling mimic stones.

Why do you think the furniture plans require multiple different crafts maxed out and mats from different crafts? Why do you think no furniture mats drop from surveys? Why do you think the plan drop rates are so low?

Its all to make it harder for you to compete against the crown store furniture packs.

You saw the posts about the Orsinium event vendor having furniture available for event tickets, almost all of that furniture was craft-able in game and yet they are selling it to make money.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, hopefully no one used their event tickets on the Orsinium furnishings. I hope ZOS has metrics on things like that to track the data and see.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Never, ever ask a publisher that already has a significant track record of predatory microtransactions to introduce yet another way to be predatory. Never, ever, EVER request to pay a company money to solve a problem they DELIBERATELY created to frustrate you and drive you into the cash shop. You are literally asking them to exploit you more as a consumer. Just.... stop.

What one should be asking for is for things like: (1) mimic stones to be obtainable in-game, (2) earning style stones to be more reasonable, and (3) correcting furnishing recipes that require obscene amounts of rare style materials. This is supposed to be a game. You know, fun? Not a racket to suck cash out of your wallet for problems the game developer created specifically to suck cash out of your wallet.
    Yeah, hopefully no one used their event tickets on the Orsinium furnishings. I hope ZOS has metrics on things like that to track the data and see.

They absolutely do, and they'll use it to refine their racket. Hell, there was zero reason to introduce those at all except as a way to up the ante on the now thoroughly predatory nature of events. Remember when events were simply fun? Just double drops and rewards? Or how when they first introduced the event tickets, it was actually possible to keep pace earning them so you could get everything available? And how those event tickets weren't even in the cash shop? Yeah, those days are gone. And that was very, very deliberate.

It boggles my mind how anyone could think it is a good idea to suggest a company with that level of scummery going on commit yet another act of utter scummery. Really? I mean, really?
    Edited by Starlock on August 31, 2019 5:19AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, (and also please have a passive amplifier for crafted furnishings so we can have 4 with one cast 8ItCr63.png)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Starlock I agree with you partially, but I think their goal is just to keep people playing longer and more people playing as well during the event. If you play every day, you either have to buy up extra feathers or you lose potential tickets to the arbitrary cap. They’re probably worried people just won’t log in and play when that happens. They just wanted more options for people to spend their tickets, but I agree that these craftable furnishings were a poor choice.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Starlock

No one said you had to buy them, but as they are now they are pretty useless. There is no harm is asking for more usage on them imo.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Starlock

No one said you had to buy them, but as they are now they are pretty useless. There is no harm is asking for more usage on them imo.

If they are accessible in game, then and only then do I agree. Otherwise, all it becomes is yet another microtransaction suck ane this game has too many of those as it is.