The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Kyne's Kiss StamDk Concept Build (Bow/Bow; Medium Armor)

Siliziumdioxid
Siliziumdioxid
✭✭✭
Well I'm lately experimenting with my stamdk and was trying to find out whether this patch a decent ranged stamina build might exist...
And since Kynes kiss got buffed... I came up with an Idea.
So that got me basically to attempt to construct:
a high damage, high healing, tanky, ranged StamDk setup with high mobility and resource regeneration.

Here is the attempt:

UESP Link
Race: Orc (Alternatives: Bosmer, Nord, Redguard; not as good though)
Mundus: The Warrior
Potion: Tri Pots
Bufffood: Dubious Camoran Throne or Blue Health + Stamina in case your confident.

The Gear:
2x Blood Spawn: Impen\Medium\Stamina Enchant
5x Fury: Chest+Legs(both Impen\ Stamina); Jewelry(3x Infused all weapon damage) I do intend to take (ranged) damage therefore Fury is good. alternatively one can use Hunding's Rage instead
3x Kynes Kiss: Impen\ Stamina Enchant
Frontbar: 1x Kyne's Bow Infused Restore Stamina Enchant
Back Bar: 1x Master's Bow Infused Berserker Enchant (Alternativ: Kyne's Kiss Bow)

Why Kyne's Kiss?
Z9IzaAK.png
This set god buffed with the next patch and now it is actually good as long as you have enemies
Attacks that can proc this set reliably are: Light Attacks, Enchants, Silver Shard's (both primary and secondary damage), Acid Spray, Volatile Armor Damage return, Draining Shot, Poison Injection, Lethal Arrow. Abilities like Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath cannot proc this set.

I believe this set has a one second cooldown (however I'm not to sure)
Let's say you have two eligible damage events for this set to proc each second that gives you a 0.15+0.85*0.15=27.75% chance each second to proc this set. Which equals to roughly 250 Stamina each second. This is not bad.

(Now this set is particularly suited for Dragonknight compared to other stamina classes since it also works defensively on StamDk.)
So as long as you are in a fight and fighting enemies more than 12 meters away (which is easy to achieve as i will explain later) this set will help you both offensively and defensively.
However not only is this set giving you decent stamina sustain it is also healing you, and it is doing such for a decent amount.

Abilities:
Ultimates:
Front Bar: Take Flight Alternatively Temporal Guard and usable Ultimate on back bar
BackBar: Corrosive Armor Defensive Ultimate at its best;
Alternatives to the above mentioned are Ballista and Soul Strike

Buffs
- Volatile Armor: Our Armor Buff, gives additional chances to proc Kyne's; can reveal Nightblades
- Igneous Weapons: The Source(and possibly the groups source) of major and minor Brutality
- Elude: One of two reasons we go medium: provides excellent damage protection and mobility. This in combination with the bow gives us a really high uptime on major expedition; we can remove roots with dodge roll or take flight; only snares are not easily removed however less relevant due (compared to older patches) due to introduced snare immunity; However avoiding damage and keeping your distance/kiting becomes pretty easy with all this... and we are playing orc...
Keep all three of those abilities on your Backbar.
Other Abilities:
- Lethal Arrow: Our Main Burst Ability, cheap, applies Poisoned Status effect therefore triggers combustion, basically a ranged dizzying swing, part of our main Burst Combo which is: Lethal Arrow -> Take Flight (while Dot's are running); put this ability on front bar; hard to land on experienced Stamina players though
- Resolving Vigor: Obviously
- Poison Injection: Our Main Dot Ability, belongs on backbar
Choose 4 of 5 Abilities:
- Consuming Trap: For Dot and Resources, one can also use the other morph; Venomous and Noxious are just not as useful for this type of build and more that 2 Dot's is not reasonable
- Silver Shards: a single Target Spammable
- Acid Spray : Main AoE Spammable, snares and reveals Nightblades
- Draining Shot: Additional Stun, Knockback and burstheal
- Cauterize: Put it on Frontbar: Good Heal(way better than Igneous), provides Major Savagery

Keep in Mind that bow abilities get buffed by hawk eye and distance making them hit harder than usually observed by melee builds.
CP: Nothing different here from other PvP Builds, so use what ever comes to your mind.

What's your Opinion?
(I might upload some footage in the next few days in case i find time for that.)
(This is not the only decent ranged build... overload stam sorc is definitely another one)
Edited by Siliziumdioxid on August 27, 2019 11:21PM
Guild: Ancaria
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried using PI-snipe-stonefist (lol)-snipe-leap -> executioner as secondary combo and it worked when you have initiative, i.e. you attack first and enemy is not cc immune. So it's kinda gank without stealth, not much fun or satisfaction from such kill.
    But when you don't have initiative snipe is not effective at all because half of snipes will be dodged and other half los'd. In those cases snipe is good as a "taunt" and to force magicka into melee, cause even against new dots DK's snipe+pi+permanent poisoned status effect apply a lot of pressure. Overall I think DK's snipe is interesting cozy option to have for universal bow/2H build, but it's too unreliable to be used as main weapon.

As for the Kyne kiss, DK's offensive poison abilities are already cheap and self-sustained due to combustion (with 1700 regen you can spam LA-snipe non-stop without draining your bar at all) and most dangerous enemies will fast proceed to melee (stam builds with dizzy, crit rush, onslaught, templars with jabs, sorcs with streak, NBs with cloak), so I doubt that set will work at all.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    ehhhh..... don't think this suites stamDK at all especially the strongest stamDK builds are usually up close and personal. This set might suit stam NBs better. Also, 2 events per second on average is pretty much impossible. Let us assume this set procs approximately once per 5 seconds (which I think is a lenient enough estimation). The healing gets cut in half in PVP meaning per second you're getting 100HP + 200 STAM assuming you're ONLY attacking because doing any other action such as vigor, Mass Hysteria, Turn Evil, etc does not help you proc the set. While AoE moves are more preferable in proccing the set due to multiple direct damage sources, the possibility of consistently hitting multiple targets is low. Basically, in simple terms, this set is probably quite weak in a 1v1 scenario but gets stronger the more opponents you're fighting due to the proc chance rising if you're using something like silver bolts, hitting more than one enemy at a time. I don't doubt this is now a good set but I don't see it being worth the hassle on a stamDK and certainly not with warrior's fury that resets its stack if you're not getting hit for 5s. This set is still better suited for ranged combat for meeting its requirements.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, I realize you want to use bow + bow but I'm saying that DKs have access to better kill potential with more melee based weapons like 2h due to better burst and a sword and shield helps you tank a lot more damage on the backbar vs a bow/bow bar which means you lose flexibility in stat changing from weapon swapping. Furthermore, you spend a lot of your time as a DK using: cauterize, vigor, volatile armor (yes this can counter attack but when you're using it and enemy is not focused on you it doesn't help), and even fragmented armor for your sustain rotation.

I do very much like the concept though but IMHO DKs on a double bow bar lack the mobility/escape option to keep your distance if a stam class wants to melee your butt to death.