The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Treasure Chest Node Respawns

MourncallerTV
MourncallerTV
✭✭
Has anyone noticed if there is a cap on respawn node locations for treasure chest? I discovered a path that I can just go in a circle and get chest after chest only to them suddenly not spawn any more.
**Nevermind it just felt like it. I guess there is a reset timer.**
Edited by MourncallerTV on August 27, 2019 10:08PM
PC/NA
Favorite Quote - "Never accept the proposition that just because a solution satisfies a problem, that it must be the only solution." - Raymond E. Feist
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that there is a set number of chests that can spawn at once in any given area. Loot one and another spawns somewhere else shortly after to replace it. You can see this happening for sure in small areas like delves and public dungeons. It would be hard to prove but it likely works the same way in a larger zone as well.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who have timed it say the respawn is 10 minutes. However, that's out of a set of all chest locations, so there may or may not be chests in the particular spots you check.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old thread here, but still relevant question:

How does this work, in (say) a space like a Public Dungeon?

I'm particularly thinking of The Vile Manse, where not only is there the question of how chest spawns are determined, but the dungeon itself is cut in two: once you jump down the hole, it's literally impossible to get back up again.

If you keep racing around the upper half grabbing chests as they spawn, will you eventually get to a point where no more can spawn in the upper half because all the allowable chests in the dungeon have spawned in the lower half?

And if you then jump down to the lower half, is it possible to run out of chests *there*, and have them never respawn down below any more, because all the respawns end up being in the upper half, which you can't get back to without exiting the dungeon and going back in the front entrance?

Asking for a friend who's trying to farm the Lurker-Skin Sheath antiquity fragment...
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Old thread here, but still relevant question:

How does this work, in (say) a space like a Public Dungeon?

I'm particularly thinking of The Vile Manse, where not only is there the question of how chest spawns are determined, but the dungeon itself is cut in two: once you jump down the hole, it's literally impossible to get back up again.

If you keep racing around the upper half grabbing chests as they spawn, will you eventually get to a point where no more can spawn in the upper half because all the allowable chests in the dungeon have spawned in the lower half?

And if you then jump down to the lower half, is it possible to run out of chests *there*, and have them never respawn down below any more, because all the respawns end up being in the upper half, which you can't get back to without exiting the dungeon and going back in the front entrance?

Asking for a friend who's trying to farm the Lurker-Skin Sheath antiquity fragment...

What I did was buddy up with a friend. I'd loot all upstairs/downstairs chests, and they'd get the other. That way chests spawn on your side as your friend removes the ones up top/down below.
    Edited by Djennku on July 3, 2023 10:26PM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!