The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thank you for the last patch

Nerhesi
Nerhesi
✭✭✭✭
The last patch came at a perfect time - my sub renewal milestone. I just wanted to share my thanks with ZOS for what I think is the right direction (despite the crazy bugs and imperfections). The caveat of course is I'm speaking to this from a mostly pvp point of view.

1) Math is good. A solid mathematical baseline for direct damage, dot damage, cc duration, cc distance, etc etc is a very good starting point for further balancing. With a common baseline, you can then tweak things to give them more flavour or side-effects while figuring out how much to reduce their primary damage. For example, we can say 10 second DoTs do X. But they'll do 10% less if they have status effect as well. Anyways, this was long overdue as a starting point for balance.

2) Diversity in PvP. Dots or attrition builds were missing from this game. Attrition obviously is not in and may never be in given the current rhythm and the ability of everyone to self sustain while doing damage and so on. While Magicka dots actually exist and are viable now (you're still going to need some strong finisher or cc) so you've at least introduced something ELSE into PvP. One of the big reasons eso was generally described as weak pvp was due to the homogeneous meta - viable end game builds were always high sustain, high mitigation, high mobility, cc-burst-cancel-mechanics you in a <3 second window. Oh you didnt die? Rinse and repeat sustain till you could pull this off again. I find the cries about lack of diversity silly considering prior to this patch, ESO stood out as the game with the least diversity yet most options (gear and skills) at "max level". Granted some of this is by design due to common skill line abilities being powerful (as apparently intended for most Elder Scrolls style games).

3) The promise of CP re-haul. I think this is critical and I'm looking forward to it. There is a lot to be said for how CP works, the ability to balance the game with possible swinging 20-30% damage variances, and both CP and non-CP modes. I think the old increase damage by 0.5% per point spent is also lazy and antiquated.

So thank you Zos. I realise there are some crazy things that stand out still (whether it *was* overload, or onslaught for example). However, the approach shown here is at least indicative of a measured approach to trying to have some competitive balance in the game. I'm not holding my breath that it will ever be competitive , but its at least a move in the right direction.