The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So we're looking at over a year of a frozen Champion System with no end in sight

• kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope they simply get rid of it. it messes the game. new ppl dont want to get into the game to farm endless xp beside of having to learn tedious game's fight mechanisms.

reaching the top should allow you to enjoy the point of view and play the game.

right now it just feel awkward that a brand new player have to climb the lvl1 to 50 montain and then climb the CP1 to 810CP cloud.

the very problem is that ZoS have issue to find something that will help bringing more ppl in without hurting old-greedy players sensitivity..

Another problem is that i'm not sure that ZoS really wants to have more ppl in these days with the performance/balance/global atmosphere around the game we have.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if you gave all my characters skill points every dozen or so of cp over cap I’d feel rewarded. Just feels meaningless being over cap.

They give us more potential skill points with each zone update though, which is effectively the same thing for those at cp cap.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Freezing would've made sense and I wouldn't be complaining about temporary holdup if they weren't generating more power creep than any CP cap increase ever could. Sure, 1-2% extra damage from CPs are bad. But all-necro groups with high uptime on 30% extra group damage (that has to stack with less other modifiers to boot) are somehow good. Or, to put it bluntly, power creep sourced by playing more and getting more XP is bad power creep, but power creep that came from paying real money is good, allowable power creep. Double standards much. ^^
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    This just in, hitting level cap means you are stuck at that cap. Gamers thru all RPGs and MMOs are in riots.

For most of this game’s history that was not the case though. It was simply wait a few months before the earned CP’s can be allocated into useful bonuses (or additional vet levels prior to the CP system, which I do not miss). Removing the only character progression in game without replacing it with something has made things feel a little stagnant.

Some will say that gear progression has replaced it, and Stamina DPS sets like Lokkestiiz, Tzogvins, and Maarselok are evidence of this. However, on the Magicka side, you can’t really beat Siroria + Mother’s Sorrow + Zaan, which have all been available since before the CP freeze and are getting stale.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigawatt wrote: »
    While I think it's appropriate for them to examine the CP system, I wish they would just increase the cap to 900 in the meantime. That doesn't detract from them acknowledging the CP system needs work.

I just really want a nice round number like 900. Come on now, 810?

@Vigawatt Me too. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/482937/can-we-keep-increasing-cp-cap-to-900/p1
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lack of transparency as always, then out of left field they always implement some radical garbage!
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    It makes me sad cause right about the time I hit 840 they capped it and I was so ready to jump from 810 to 840 in one day when a new release hit.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • Gahmerdohn
    Gahmerdohn
    ✭✭✭
    what if we could increase the power of our character only up to the equivalent of CP600 and all the gains after that serves to unlock new complete build set up? like: CP 900 second complete build set up, CP 1200 third...etc
    that could actually make us still feel that our characters are improving without making them actually more powerful...

so we could have 2 or 3 builds set up on our character and swap when needed, itd help for so many things... and no more max out 10 useless characters with absolutely nothing done in the game that are only there to do only one thing and then go back to the darkness of our vaults...
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    i hope they simply get rid of it. it messes the game. new ppl dont want to get into the game to farm endless xp beside of having to learn tedious game's fight mechanisms.

reaching the top should allow you to enjoy the point of view and play the game.

right now it just feel awkward that a brand new player have to climb the lvl1 to 50 montain and then climb the CP1 to 810CP cloud.

the very problem is that ZoS have issue to find something that will help bringing more ppl in without hurting old-greedy players sensitivity..

Another problem is that i'm not sure that ZoS really wants to have more ppl in these days with the performance/balance/global atmosphere around the game we have.
    I started in April, and I love the CP system.

I don't think of it as having to grind endless exp; I have never really done any grinding. Thanks to anniversary cake, I was almost CP160 by the time I finished the main quest (and if I had done random daily dungeons instead of just 100% solo, I'd have been CP160 far sooner). I've now finished every zone story except for DB/TG, and I'm almost CP500. Don't feel the need to grind or rush; I don't feel like I'm being held back from doing anything. Almost the opposite; there's still so much to do, I wonder if I will even be done it all on one character by the time I'm CP810. And I'm just talking quests, delves, pub dungeons, etc. I've barely started doing trials, only rank 12 in PvP, not completed every dungeon on vet.

When I start a new alt, they immediately benefit from all that (aside from the gear I can craft for them). It's great. I just play the game, and things keep getting easier.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just have to redo the numbers as they have done before and make the diminishing returns even harsher, and then increase the numbers of CP you can allocate - at least that fixes it for a while.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bakthi i'm glad to ear that.

maybe you'd have another point of view if you put more interest into end game content, vMA, vet dlc trials (or HM) and "competitive" pvp.

the "normal" game can be done in solo without any cp, but for the end game you have to grind (or have fun doing all possible quests) to do it. that's the issue i'm pointing.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see some CP progression again. I understood when they added a weighted bonus to the first 300 CP points (in terms of addition to your health, stam, and mag), but the past months it feels almost pointless to gain experience unless you're leveling a new toon or trying to rank up skills.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping it capped makes sense while they are attempting to address performance. As we know, CP calculations can add to server congestion.
    So when it comes to making real effort to address performance, I think we all need to be on board.

We don't know any such thing. Why do people keep repeating this myth?

I do remember that ZOS did an experiment for a week a while back to SEE if removing CP improved performance, and it did not make any difference.

They add to calculations which does add to server log. That is hardly a myth and is very logical to anyone who understands how computers work.

I would like to see your link to Zos actually stating the removal of CP during that test did not make any difference. I am pretty sure they never said any such thing.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    @bakthi i'm glad to ear that.

maybe you'd have another point of view if you put more interest into end game content, vMA, vet dlc trials (or HM) and "competitive" pvp.

the "normal" game can be done in solo without any cp, but for the end game you have to grind (or have fun doing all possible quests) to do it. that's the issue i'm pointing.

I disagree. My alt account had no problem doing vCR and vAS HM at CP300. At that point you have the full 20% resource bonus, and most of the important perks. Diminishing returns scale up pretty quickly after that point anyway. The only things you need 810 CP’s for would be score pushing or vSS HM speed run.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only people that dont like cp being raised are people who are well away from 810. And if cp is such a bad power creep in pvp, then go play in non cp campaigns

Power creep in pve is due to powerful new sets and zos being dumb and adding major vulnerability from the colossus, you are not gonna see a huge significant increase in damage cause you get 10 more blue points every update

That being said, they better have a good plan with how they rework the system, whenever that happens, if it happens
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    The only people that dont like cp being raised are people who are well away from 810. And if cp is such a bad power creep in pvp, then go play in non cp campaigns

Power creep in pve is due to powerful new sets and zos being dumb and adding major vulnerability from the colossus, you are not gonna see a huge significant increase in damage cause you get 10 more blue points every update

That being said, they better have a good plan with how they rework the system, whenever that happens, if it happens

Power creep in PvP is due to changes Zos has made outside of CP as well. CP has added so little to our increased power over the past couple years that it is almost not worth mentioning.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see a CP system where the Attribute increases (and their corresponding regeneration increases) are rolled into other parts of the game.

I think a complete retooling of the system to allow for build specializations you can't get from skill lines and gear sets would make the CP system far more interesting than it is now.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It just seems silly to keep accumulating CP over the cap when they are absolutely meaningless. I remember when they meant something. I don't think ZOS knows quite what to do with them. Given their track record of updates to the combat system over the last year, whatever they decide, I'm not looking forward to it. Kind of indicative of the morass the state of combat is in currently.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    810 is such a bad spot to stop. 900 would be better, and 1080 would be best.

Right, because what we need right now is more power creep. Big-brain logic fam

The power creep from new gear absolutely dwarfs the miniscule power gains from extra CP. You do know that CP are front loaded, right?

I don't think that you understand the concept of front loaded.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The end of MMO is when the character's growth stops.
    This is what past MMOs have experienced.
    Unless you solve this problem, ESO will die slowly.