The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I really NEED to say this after last patch...

Wayshuba
Wayshuba
✭✭✭✭✭
You can see I have never complained about changes to the game after more than two years of playing it.

I have played enough MMOs that I am used to balancing constantly going on.

That being said, you guys WAY OVERDID IT WITH THIS LAST PATCH.

BGs used to be fun. Now it is the same dang three builds constantly and the non-stop stun locks are making them a complete joke - you completely wrecked a fun part of the game.

While this is the PvP forums, I will also add this with PvE. Why do we have classes anymore after this patch? You homogenized the skills so much (like way too much), that just about every magicka or stamina DPS build is the same regardless of class.

And one other thing after this patch, I am completely fed up with the abnormal number of two handed running dizzying swing and soul trap and morphs being in EVERY SINGLE BUILD IN THE GAME. On a separate topic, the changes in the BGs themselves are also a joke - Really, everyone in the center of a small arena?

Sorry ZoS, this build pass you really, really did an extremely poor job with it. You have taken away almost all class identity, rendered BGs almost unplayable, and actually UNBALANCED the game much more than it was pre-patch. The game is frustrating now, not fun.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda funny that dizzy swing has barely been seen in like two years and now its over used.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Kinda funny that dizzy swing has barely been seen in like two years and now its over used.

Hum? Dizzy’s always been popular. It’s a staple of stamwarden: shalk - crit rush - dizzy
    Edited by Iskiab on August 27, 2019 2:03AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Hum? Dizzy’s always been popular. It’s a staple of stamwarden: shalk - crit rush - dizzy

Yes, it has been a staple of the build you mention. But, the build wasn't so overpowering about half of people in BGs are running it. There used to be diversity but this BALANCE patch that ZoS just did really UNBALANCED a lot of the game now.
    Edited by Wayshuba on August 27, 2019 2:08AM
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    People complained about 1h shield and it got the nerf hammer. Now people use dizzy aslong as they don't have more usefull class skills. Now people complain about dizzy spam and lack of diversity.
    Gotta blame them nerflings
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One build, that’s hardly what I’d call popular. Also it disappeared for the most part because it was so unreliable and was replaced by sub assault and spin to win. I cant remember the last time I was hit by dizzy swing prior to scale breaker.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »

Yes, it has been a staple of the build you mention. But, the build wasn't so overpowering about half of people in BGs are running it. There used to be diversity but this BALANCE patch that ZoS just did really UNBALANCED a lot of the game now.

I don’t like dizzy swings but you must admit that it’s one of the easiest abilities to counter!!

I don’t seem to notice what you are pointing out: FoTM builds have always and will always be around.

If anything I find the current version of the game more balanced
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on August 27, 2019 9:07AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with dots and non-stop fear this is better then zoo meta.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *has Morrowind flashbacks*
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Every patch we get our classes striped of identity and now we're all forced to use soul trap regardless of who or what you are. but to run it you must drop a class identifying ability..
    I am VERY frustrated with the way zos have been homogenising classes, that and the way they butchered my Bosmer, made lore breaking changes to Argonians and the serious decline of performance.

If this game wasn't called elder scrolls it would have died a long time ago
    Yet, i still play.. but less and less..
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    If dizzying gets a nerf what is my stam sorc gonna use? Guess I’ll be using frags for that burst now.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is the next big MORPH coming out that looks promising? Eventually one does come along that improves on previous ones.

The OP has a point, I've seen more people on the forums that don't normally post negative things lately than ever. I unsubbed due to this and would like to play again but it just keeps getting worse and worse each patch. Next thing you know it will be nerf incap or nerf fossilize.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on August 27, 2019 5:09PM
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Every patch we get our classes striped of identity and now we're all forced to use soul trap regardless of who or what you are. but to run it you must drop a class identifying ability..
    I am VERY frustrated with the way zos have been homogenising classes, that and the way they butchered my Bosmer, made lore breaking changes to Argonians and the serious decline of performance.

If this game wasn't called elder scrolls it would have died a long time ago
    Yet, i still play.. but less and less..

I'll be damned if I let those other classes have my WARDEN BEAR.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strange I've had no problems in BGs and I have not slotted soul trap or entropy...Hm...
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭

There used to be diversity but this BALANCE patch that ZoS just did really UNBALANCED a lot of the game now.

This is so patently false.

Magicka dot builds simply didn’t exist outside of a couple of very nice builds.
    This patch actually expanded the viable builds in pvp.
    There are More pvp builds now.

This is more diversity not less.

• chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerhesi wrote: »

There used to be diversity but this BALANCE patch that ZoS just did really UNBALANCED a lot of the game now.

Are you serious right now? Everyone running entropy as a mag class and tons of people running soul trap is called “diversity”? It is a shift in meta to a heavy dot and homogenized build. Do you see all the builds being ran before? I don’t think so because half of their bars are homogenized now. Destructive reach is garbage, entropy and soul trap deals insane dot.
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    There’s stamina dot builds in zergs now, so more diversity 🤣😂🤣

In before someone says nerf incap or nerf fossilize.
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

I don’t like dizzy swings but you must admit that it’s one of the easiest abilities to counter!!

I don’t seem to notice what you are pointing out: FoTM builds have always and will always be around.

What I am pointing out is this. Prior to the Scalecaller patch, out of 12 people in a BG, I might regularly run into one or two people with a focused build with two-handers. Last night in one match, out of 12 people, NINE were running a two-hand build.

Furthermore, no matter what class is in the BG, EVERYONE is running a Soul Trap (or it's morphs) now. Tank - run Soul Trap, Stamina class - Run soul trap, Healer - run Soul Trap, Magicka DPS (the one one it makes sense for) - run Soul Trap.

What I am saying is that BGs used to have a lot of build diversity (and no so many out of control CCs) and now they are becoming about two or three builds to even have fun in them.

What does this all mean - ZoS did a TERRIBLE job with balance in this last patch. It has utterly failed and it is very apparent in BGs.
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bologna.

I play a lot of BGs. There was much more diversity BEFORE this patch. Almost three quarters of players in almost every BG since then are either running Stamdens (the majority), Stamplars or Stamsorcs with the occasional StamDK thrown in.

With the out of control CC and fear, it has become almost impossible to run a decent Magicka build unless you don't mind standing in one spot for half the BG.

Yeah, lot of diversity there.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furthermore, no matter what class is in the BG, EVERYONE is running a Soul Trap (or it's morphs) now. Tank - run Soul Trap, Stamina class - Run soul trap, Healer - run Soul Trap, Magicka DPS (the one one it makes sense for) - run Soul Trap.

I am impressed by the organic nature of increased soul trap use. I myself didn't use soul trap until I got soul trapped, which forced me to look at the tool tip because why the *** would anyone use soultrap. The tool tip is tasty, but just the tip. In practice it needs to be stack for stam use.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with OP. I no longer enjoy this game after the patch, often is only frustrating to play. Not only due to the changes in skills, but the overabundance of new glitches/bugs. I am getting dzwing while not seeing anyone in my screen, I often get stuck while streaking in bgs and unable to do anything for 4 secs, Dodge feels different and weaker (Did they change Dodge roll?). Stun break unresponsive, abilities getting luck randomly after dodging or breaking free. List continues unfortunately, but I hope you get my point.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    People will follow fotm. That doesn't mean it's meta. For example, a mDK using soul trap instead of engulfing flames. Just looking at the tooltips, one might assume that soul trap is better. This is only true at range. The burst portion and increased fire damage from engulfing would yield more damage in actual combat, if the player knows how to combo. It is easier and better for low skilled players to use soul trap, but utilizing engulfing flames and well placed combos are better for a higher skilled player.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

What I am pointing out is this. Prior to the Scalecaller patch, out of 12 people in a BG, I might regularly run into one or two people with a focused build with two-handers. Last night in one match, out of 12 people, NINE were running a two-hand build.

What I am saying is that BGs used to have a lot of build diversity (and no so many out of control CCs) and now they are becoming about two or three builds to even have fun in them.

What does this all mean - ZoS did a TERRIBLE job with balance in this last patch. It has utterly failed and it is very apparent in BGs.

Both are right. Yes there will always be FOTM classes and players abusing them. But definitely this patch around there is much less variety in builds /skills and FOTM classes than before. Before you had a better mix of everything. You have less counter and lower skill level. How can someone enjoy fighting someone that aplies about 5-8 dots then proceeds to block while you slowly die, not being able to Dodge or remove dots - that is not fun to play.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »

Are you serious right now? Everyone running entropy as a mag class and tons of people running soul trap is called “diversity”? It is a shift in meta to a heavy dot and homogenized build. Do you see all the builds being ran before? I don’t think so because half of their bars are homogenized now. Destructive reach is garbage, entropy and soul trap deals insane dot.

Destructive clench is garbage, reach is fine and is just another initial+ dot skill.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »

Both are right. Yes there will always be FOTM classes and players abusing them. But definitely this patch around there is much less variety in builds /skills and FOTM classes than before. Before you had a better mix of everything. You have less counter and lower skill level. How can someone enjoy fighting someone that aplies about 5-8 dots then proceeds to block while you slowly die, not being able to Dodge or remove dots - that is not fun to play.

2 or 3 dots with burst would be much more effective than 5 dots. Sounds like you need practice if that's what's ruining your fun.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    fbours wrote: »

2 or 3 dots with burst would be much more effective than 5 dots. Sounds like you need practice if that's what's ruining your fun.

You are probably right - some overabundance of bugs also has something to do with it... But fact is that this patch has turned out to be lacking to say the least, if you can't see that not much one can do for such ignorance but to say you are possibly a FoTM player - no offense. Also thanks for proving this post right, there is pretty much only one setup viable in current meta, dots and burst.

Have fun
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s stamina dot builds in zergs now, so more diversity 🤣😂🤣

In before someone says nerf incap or nerf fossilize.

Nerf Infosscapilize!
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    just want to comment about uppercut thing.

SnB need an adjustment doesnt mean uppercut need a f-in buff too. lower cost, higer damage ,lower cast time.

is the buff relly needed in the first place?
    hello, anybody can answer?