The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Out of Control CC

Wayshuba
Wayshuba
✭✭✭✭✭
What is up with the out of control CC and stuns since this last patch? BGs have NEVER been this ridiculous with so much CC.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo, it’s just snares now. The meta chasers have gone magplar and are using the *** out of living dark. Mag necros also have an annoying snare ability. And ZOS gave everyone a fear which was a terrible idea.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 26, 2019 2:37AM
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn Evil is obnoxious on a good day, infuriating on a bad one. What's fun about getting feared every 5 seconds in a fight?
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magnecro gaining the area control gear totem, turn evil for any stam class, the good ol fossilize. Pretty much hard CCs all over the place. It’s a tough time being a magicka class in BG. Maybe it is just me but I prefer playing stam classes atm.
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    We replaced zootopia with who can stun you the most show. The fact you win 1-2 games and you get to experience a lovely evening with a bunch of premade elitist teams really drives in the message. Like it's really abusive.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Magnecro gaining the area control gear totem, turn evil for any stam class, the good ol fossilize. Pretty much hard CCs all over the place. It’s a tough time being a magicka class in BG. Maybe it is just me but I prefer playing stam classes atm.

Yup I too moved on from my Magplar to my MagBlade and StamNecro. Don't get me wrong I loved playing on my Maplar because it was my taste. However I had to put it done because of the CCs. Magblade can cloak out most situations while my Stam specs can just break free or dodge roll whenever they want.

Break Free and Roll Dodge needs to use the highest resource. Or stamina will continue it's rein as OVERLORD.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on August 26, 2019 7:39PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what happens when you give away AoE fear to all stamina players.
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess what I am struggling with right now is how BGs were really fun before, now they are a frustrating mess.

In addition, for PvE all the builds have become so homogenized that I am questioning whether their goal was to eliminate classes altogether.

I have never, in many MMOs I played, ever complained about balance adjustments as it is a fact of life in MMOs. But this one I have to say I am totally at a loss for what ZoS was thinking. Why would you want to take some fun things and make them frustrating? Why would you purposefully make it so classes really didn't matter much anymore?

I mean even in PTS some of the big community members (Alcast, et al.) were wondering just what ZoS was thinking with these changes and now I have to say, after playing with them a bit, so am I. In fact, I am wondering if anyone at ZoS actually played all aspects of the game with them?

Sorry, but I am upset that they really screwed up a part of the game that was so fun (and just in case anyone is wondering, I just won the match I was playing before posting it - but I am sick of seeing the same three builds in BGs now, there is no variety anymore).
    Edited by Wayshuba on August 27, 2019 1:41AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    I guess what I am struggling with right now is how BGs were really fun before, now they are a frustrating mess.

In addition, for PvE all the builds have become so homogenized that I am questioning whether their goal was to eliminate classes altogether.

I have never, in many MMOs I played, ever complained about balance adjustments as it is a fact of life in MMOs. But this one I have to say I am totally at a loss for what ZoS was thinking. Why would you want to take some fun things and make them frustrating? Why would you purposefully make it so classes really didn't matter much anymore?

I mean even in PTS some of the big community members (Alcast, et al.) were wondering just what ZoS was thinking with these changes and now I have to say, after playing with them a bit, so am I. In fact, I am wondering if anyone at ZoS actually played all aspects of the game with them?

Sorry, but I am upset that they really screwed up a part of the game that was so fun (and just in case anyone is wondering, I just won the match I was playing before posting it - but I am sick of seeing the same three builds in BGs now, there is no variety anymore).

Yep. Add the myriad of bugs, performance issues, disconnects, and apparently semi-frequent crashes, and I'm about done with this patch. Taking a bit of a break until next patch, see how the game is then.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I really dont understand some of the changes here
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when you give away AoE fear to all stamina players.

Lol. Yeah. And the nerfed destro staff stun for magicka players just because.

Turn evil is wicked nice. Better than Nightblade fear, and orders of magnitude better than Necro fear. It is so good, it can be the deciding factor when choosing mag v. stam.

• Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

True .

Take the changes to Eclipse, for example. The developers note said it was so when it is cast players will run away and not relentlessly beat on you.

And what is the core nature of PvP gameplay? Beating on people. So you introduce a skill so they won't? This makes absolutely no sense to gameplay whatsoever and runs counter to what PvP is about.

Then we introduce these changes without introducing any counters to them. That's also what PvP is about - moves and countermoves. But heck, they introduce skills with no way to counter them. How does that make any sense whatsoever.

No, they truly did a bad job with these things and many respected streamers (Alcast, et. al.) pointed out how bad this was going to be for the game but they went and did it anyway.

Reminds me of when another MMO introduced a stupid end game RNG loot system and were told it would be a disaster if it went live. But they went live with it anyway. Net effect? More than half the player base left and the producer lost his job. Those that remained were left trying to pick up the pieces of this disastrous decision.

Do I think this patch is that bad... no. But I am concerned how ZoS literally ignored the feedback of respected players who warned them of these problems. This arrogance to the community is always the start of big problems in MMOs.

I guess it is nature for these cycles to repeat.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »

True .

Take the changes to Eclipse, for example. The developers note said it was so when it is cast players will run away and not relentlessly beat on you.

And what is the core nature of PvP gameplay? Beating on people. So you introduce a skill so they won't? This makes absolutely no sense to gameplay whatsoever and runs counter to what PvP is about.

Then we introduce these changes without introducing any counters to them. That's also what PvP is about - moves and countermoves. But heck, they introduce skills with no way to counter them. How does that make any sense whatsoever.

No, they truly did a bad job with these things and many respected streamers (Alcast, et. al.) pointed out how bad this was going to be for the game but they went and did it anyway.

Reminds me of when another MMO introduced a stupid end game RNG loot system and were told it would be a disaster if it went live. But they went live with it anyway. Net effect? More than half the player base left and the producer lost his job. Those that remained were left trying to pick up the pieces of this disastrous decision.

Do I think this patch is that bad... no. But I am concerned how ZoS literally ignored the feedback of respected players who warned them of these problems. This arrogance to the community is always the start of big problems in MMOs.

I guess it is nature for these cycles to repeat.

Yep, they removed wings reflect due to its nature of shutting down all range abilities or any type of counter play against dks, but then they add eclipse, makes no sense.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys all sorcs and Wardens in this thread?

I’m finding cc is way down after reach was changed. I had death recaps of being hit with flame reach 4x in a row, so often I wasn’t able to break free during the knock back animation so I’d be bounced around for 3-4 seconds.

Sure there’s dizzy and fear, but at least now it’s only one break free and you have immunity. Fear has a 2 second countdown too.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 28, 2019 3:36AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten