Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Master Weits Why Bother

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as banking any master writs you can't do yet, I really wish identical master writs would stack, the way crafting surveys do, and the way everybody (except ZOS) wants treasure maps to do. As it stands, master writs and treasure maps have a way of gobbling up inventory slots, bank slots, and storage chest slots. It's kind of annoying to click on a master writ to see what it is, and notice that the little sack icon in the upper corner of the popup window says that I have 2, 3, 4, or more of a particular master writ. Wait, you can recognize that I've got more of this same exact master writ, but you can't stack them together for me? Aaargh!
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on August 30, 2019 9:09PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    As far as banking any master writs you can't do yet, I really wish identical master writs would stack, the way crafting surveys do, and the way everybody (except ZOS) wants treasure maps to do. As it stands, master writs and treasure maps have a way of gobbling up inventory slots, bank slots, and storage chest slots. It's kind of annoying to click on a master writ to see what it is, and notice that the little sack icon in the upper corner of the popup window says that I have 2, 3, 4, or more of a particular master writ. Wait, you can recognize that I've got more of this same exact master writ, but you can't stack them together for me? Aaargh!

One thing I’ll point out about the little indicator of how many “identical” master writs you’re carrying or have in your bank... it’s very often not accurate.

Disclaimer: Please verify my statements below for accuracy. As I’m 95% positive I’m speaking facts, but there may be some errors.

Enchanting master writs, for example, will show that icon for all the epic superb glyphs worth 2 vouchers regardless of what actual effect the glyph calls for for. So if you have three master writs asking for an epic superb glyph of stamina, epic superb glyph of magicka, and epic superb glyph of health.. your indicator will show you have “3” of those master writs even though they’re not identical.

Alchemy master writs will give you this indicator based on the name of the potion/poison but not separating out based on the 2nd and 3rd effect. Ex. - All master writs asking for you to craft 16 Essence of Health will show as identical even though one might call for a concoction with the secondary/tertiary effect of speed, while another may ask for detection. Both would be classified as Essence of Health based on primary function, but they are not identical writs.

Lastly provisioning - I believe all purple writs offering 2 vouchers show as similar items. Again, could be wrong on this, but seem to remember my bank showing a number that represented the cumulative of all my 2-voucher provisioning writs regardless of food called for. This may separate out food vs drink, however.

As for the material crafting writs - I’ve stockpiled 20-30 master writs before doing them before and I’ve never had a more than one of any of those at a time. There’s just so much diversity among the material writ options the duplicates there are few and far between.

For what it’s worth, I would like to see the alchemy/provisioning/enchanting master writs stack because, if nothing else, it would let me know in an instant how many to craft.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every now and then, I pick up some heavy weits, just so I can put them back down. Gotta get in those curls for the girls. Maybe even do a few tri’s for the guys.

Equal opportunity, ya know?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have the gold, use that master writ as an opportunity to purchase the motif page needed to craft it, assuming you have the research done. That’ll help you keep on track with learning the styles.

If you don’t have the research you can keep it until you do, as long as it’s unopened. Just keep that research going as fast as possible by investing skill points so you can do 3 items at once.

I do actually go out and do the master writs at the regular crafting sites, unless it’s in IC, and then I visit the guy in my guild that has every attunable station at his house.

They pile up quite a bit (and soak up bag/bank space) while waiting to build those.

I REALLY want a Militant Ordinator Shield motif now, but I hate PvP and its cost is well outside my range, as just one example that has been waiting quite a while.

You can find Militant Ordinator motif pages at guild traders. I just finished off my set with a combination of gold-purchased pages and some bought with AP. The gold prices are typically 50k or 100k. I think it’s a 5:1 ratio AP to gold.

Cheaper than I thought, but still outside my budget. I will look again, but I recall them being more expensive than that on the PS4.

This was on PS4. There was a guild trader in Craglorn last week with lots of pages for sale, can’t remember the guild name, of course that was before the trader switch.

Again, I cannot stress how much easier it will be if you farm motifs. Most styles can get you at least 10k per page or more if you sell the duplicates.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA