The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wish I could play Cyrodiil.

HalvarIronfist
HalvarIronfist
✭✭✭✭
But hey, let's take a pick at what'll happen not even 5 minutes in.

Will I :

A: Crash to desktop?

B: Disconnect?

C: Have ungodly ping for no apparent reason?

D. Crash to Desktop (Again)

E. Get frustrated with the lag and go back to battlegrounds which are (IMO) less laggy.

Why do I play the game if I spend more time in loading screens due to disconnects or crashes more than the actual PVP content itself?

Was at a Aleswell siege when at least 40+ people all reported crashing/disconnects mid siege. From both sides of the engagement. I have decent internet, and don't have this problem on any other games and don't have this problem with PVE content. Whether that comes to trials, dungeons, or even VMA. (Minus odd lag/RNG)

I love the ES series, and I love ESO, but this is just terrible. I've never seen it this bad, personally.
Edited by HalvarIronfist on August 21, 2019 4:01AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is a jewel that ZOS has proven unable to develop. It is instead slowly killing it (no pun intended this time)
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For years ZOS has ignored the many performance issues and bugs reported. Sure they have fixed some small things but the major problems still exist. I think their game is at a point now that it cannot be fixed
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 days to get an official acknowledgement?

I wonder if the poor console peeps will have to live with it for 3 months, like they did bashcro?
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you play CP? I had issues in CP campaign so a while ago I switched to no CP and even during prime time I don't lag in big fights. You could switch over. I like no CP more now.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I play the game if I spend more time in loading screens due to disconnects or crashes more than the actual PVP content itself?

I think you need to give a valid reason why you still play. It sounds like you don't have one right now, yet you are still forcing yourself to go through with this frustration.
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you play CP? I had issues in CP campaign so a while ago I switched to no CP and even during prime time I don't lag in big fights. You could switch over. I like no CP more now.

I do not play cp. I was playing no-cp with the example I provided. I switched to 7 day cp, did not crash. But the lag was still there. 500-999+ with no apparent reason.
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

I think you need to give a valid reason why you still play. It sounds like you don't have one right now, yet you are still forcing yourself to go through with this frustration.

The point of this comment was to sarcastically push on the poor performance of the server. I do enjoy eso, but its hard to enjoy a game that the server continually disconnects or crashes me off of.

I can of course go do multitudes of other in game events, but how can I partake in pvp with guildmates if we cant even solidly play in a pvp zone without fear of constant crashing or dc like we've never seen before.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since there are multiple discussions ongoing about crashes while in combat, we will be closing this thread. We are currently investigating this issue which is affecting both PC-EU and PC-NA servers. You can continue the discussion in the thread linked below.

I keep crashing to desktop in Cyrodiil...
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.