The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I know if my legendary axe has a legendary or purple glyph on it?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
How do I know if my legendary axe has a legendary or purple glyph on it?

All it says is additional 348 physical and magical damage. Is this the result of the purple or the golden glyph?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    348 is the highest you can go for a legendary weapon damage glyph on a legendary weapon.

EDIT: Standard traits; not infused.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 21, 2019 12:54AM
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! So it's already maxed out.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or is it....
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The default glyph on a weapon always matches the item quality. A green weapon will have a green glyph, a blue weapon will have a blue glyph, etc. And, that glyph will increase in quality if you upgrade the item. Upgrade a blue weapon to purple and the glyph will go along for the ride and become purple quality, too. This does not apply to glyphs you apply to an item. Those glyphs remain the quality they were when you enchanted the item.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Ah! The item was purple and I put a purple glyph on it. Then I improved it to legendary and the glyph then also gets upgraded, is that correct?
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its an infused axe, the damage would be 452 (iirc) for a legendary glyph
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on August 21, 2019 12:50AM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    Ah! The item was purple and I put a purple glyph on it. Then I improved it to legendary and the glyph then also gets upgraded, is that correct?

Custom enchants do not get upgraded when improving. Only the default enchant does.

So if you manually put a purple glyph on and then improve the item to gold the enchant will still be purple quality. But if you leave the default enchant on the item and improve its quality it will also improve the enchant quality.

Edit: words are hard
    Edited by N00BxV1 on August 21, 2019 1:04AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    fetito666 wrote: »

Custom enchants do not get upgraded when improving. Only the default enchant does.

So if you manually put a purple glyph on and then improve the item to gold the enchant will still be purple quality. But if you leave the default enchant on the item and improve its quality it will also improve the enchant quality.

Edit: words are hard

all this crap on the front page, and, somehow miraculously enough - a post that's actually pretty darn useful...

thanks noob :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place