The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Roll back to 5.1.5 until you can fix the PvP crashing

xylena_lazarow
xylena_lazarow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
There's nothing in the incremental 5.1.6 update that can't wait for the constant PvP crashing to be fixed
PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that would take (1) common sense, and (2) the humility to admit they screwed up. Both are concepts with which ZOS is unfamiliar.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s lots of factors that could be causing your client to crash, many of which aren’t related to ZOS. Doing a patch roll back isn’t justified unless EVERYONE is experiencing this, and based on the posts I’ve seen here, this isn’t the case. I’ve squeezed in a few hours of PvP since the patch and, while the lag is atrocious (partly due to my old-a$$ video card), I haven’t crashed once, even during huge battles.

We all need to do our due diligence to eliminate causes of game performance problems in our systems before calling for drastic measures like a roll back.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except there are way to many people reporting the constant crashing to blame it on their systems and not a problem on ZOS's end.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    There’s lots of factors that could be causing your client to crash, many of which aren’t related to ZOS. Doing a patch roll back isn’t justified unless EVERYONE is experiencing this, and based on the posts I’ve seen here, this isn’t the case. I’ve squeezed in a few hours of PvP since the patch and, while the lag is atrocious (partly due to my old-a$$ video card), I haven’t crashed once, even during huge battles.

We all need to do our due diligence to eliminate causes of game performance problems in our systems before calling for drastic measures like a roll back.

Actually it is happening to everyone. Whole groups are freezing and crashing. I’ve watched it happen multiple time and have crashed every few minutes myself if pops are even in the 2 bar across range. Have you looked at the recent discussions page?
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope this doesnt hit xbox >.< but ya I doubt they'll roll it back. The usual zos thing would be to say we have a fix coming in a month (and a few months for console).
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Actually it is happening to everyone. Whole groups are freezing and crashing. I’ve watched it happen multiple time and have crashed every few minutes myself if pops are even in the 2 bar across range. Have you looked at the recent discussions page?

Are these groups all running addons? I had to stop running in big groups with my PvP guild because the addons they wanted us to use caused no end of problems for me. Even without the addons, I was getting endless load screens and occasional crashes. I now run purely solo and almost never crash anymore.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. When nothing changes on our end, then things go haywire after THEY update things, it's THEIR doing, not ours. Period.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and by the way, this is not a system issue either. It's not possible to build a nicer system than I have at this time at this time.
    Edited by Cavedog on August 21, 2019 2:51AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next 2 patches min. need to ignore "balance", and instead focus on "function".

Players (and the game) will survive without having to chase a new meta every 5 minutes. Some of them may enjoy it. They'd certainly enjoy a better functioning game.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty easy to see. Before patch Monday; performance was ***, but no client crashes. Just lagged to login. After patch Monday, tons of people reporting regular crash to desktop. Whats so important about what was in that F'ing patch to justify not at least trying it?
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if you are just trolling but ...

What happened to our systems? One day the game is running fine, next day after a patch the game is crashing constantly in cyrodiil for many people all across the world and you say the fault is on the user end?

And btw the lag is not bad due to your "old video card", the lag is just bad. This game has the worst lag of any mmo I have played, its a joke that the performance is so bad after all these years. I played games 10 years ago that performed better than this. And now we have bad lag + disconnect issues.

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruh
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. After 2 hours of intense PvP, I finally had my client crash. Lots of people in zone were complaining about constant crashing. So yes, there seems to be some CTD bug that was introduced recently, but that still wouldn’t justify rolling back the patch. Everyone just needs to submit bug reports and get ZOS to fix this.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i miss my build being viable.
    werewolf is kill and i actually cant find a stamset that will work with my play style/meta right now.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are these groups all running addons? I had to stop running in big groups with my PvP guild because the addons they wanted us to use caused no end of problems for me. Even without the addons, I was getting endless load screens and occasional crashes. I now run purely solo and almost never crash anymore.

It’s not just big groups. It’s solo players as well, myself included. I’m just saying I’ve watched multiple people crash all at once. And not just one time but like I crash, log in and watch a group crash, then crash again and so on. Believe me this is not normal.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubt its my system, got this big bad boy a few months ago and everything runs better on it, the crashing only seems to happen in battlegrounds, haven't been to cyro lately and the crashes for me only started saturday. It only happens to me in the lava battlegroud or the one battleground that happens in the imperial city, but have had it happen at-least once in all battlegrounds when doing various things so nothing seems in common with attacks, or actions.

It is really odd one.

Sorry for typos and errors
    Edited by RedTalon on August 21, 2019 4:46AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not just big groups. It’s solo players as well, myself included. I’m just saying I’ve watched multiple people crash all at once. And not just one time but like I crash, log in and watch a group crash, then crash again and so on. Believe me this is not normal.

The crash I just witnessed was odd. There was 10-15 of us holding off the AD zerg at Roe LM, and suddenly people started crashing. I think I was one of the last ones that did. It's like there was a rolling loss of connection to the server.
    Edited by Marcus684 on August 21, 2019 4:49AM
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The crash I just witnessed was odd. There was 10-15 of us holding off the AD zerg at Roe LM, and suddenly people started crashing. I think I was one of the last ones that did. It's like there was a rolling loss of connection to the server.

That seems likely, cause can get into the signin screen right after I crash and get can not connect to the server

Computer is one fast , but does seem likely that connections or something is playing a part
    Edited by RedTalon on August 21, 2019 4:52AM
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically after crashing, and going to sign back in with this pvp crash problem, I siig in things start to look like they are about to load and kicks me back to the signin screen, with connection error basically

Wait a few more seconds and are able to signin fully
    Edited by RedTalon on August 21, 2019 4:58AM
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Roll back to 2.1.1 till you fix the game :trollface:
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    .... while the lag is atrocious (partly due to my old-a$$ video card), I haven’t crashed once, even during huge battles.

I am not sure and i might be wrong. But i didn't think lag is created by a old graphics card. As far as i know all graphical rendering, which is what is affected by resolution and detail levels, is handled on your own computer and does not affect the network at all (ie bad ping/latency drops).

Or are you talking about input lag where you have higher settings then what your system can handle resulting in a slide show? So low FPS but good ping?

Edited by Knootewoot on August 21, 2019 6:31AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their game is in shambles. They have created a virus that has grown out of control. At first the major problems where with PvP but now their mess has spilled over to PvE. With every new update, expansion or their need for constant changes their game gets worse. For years the complaints have poured in about the performance issues in Cyrodiil yet nothing has changed. I think their game is at a point now where it cannot be fixed.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What server handles the load up of chars, cause if you crash you can't login into the game server right away but can get through signin just kicks you back to that page instead of loading your chars.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always crashed before 5.1.5 sooooooo.... I really don't see the point IMO.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have not crashed in Pvp but have in a trial yesterday. :#
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The performance updates need to be brought forward. The player count is getting less and its going to be too little too late at this point. The fact that any meaningful performance update isn't happening untill next year is an absolute joke. I personally have been playing FinayFantasy 14 instead of eso because of its performance and im enjoying it a lot. I reccomend it to anyone especially console players who have limited MMO's to choose from.