The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

global trading system as a budget solution for PC-EU megaserver

okiav
okiav
✭✭✭
One simple solution to the trader bidding disaster and constant performance issues on the PC-EU server would be a global trading system for the whole PC-EU megaserver. Remove guildstores from the game. All guildmasters get to keep their gold and should probably get some bonus reward in gold for all the effort they have put into making ESO a better environment for everyone. Noone gets banned or anything like that (even those poor souls that bought an unusually huge amount of gold tempers Sunday evening for surprising amounts of gold - coincidences DO happen). Prices get better for everyone - no more overpricing. Less unconstructive threads started on the forums. Nobody loses anything, except for people who have thus far overpriced their items in guildstores and of course some select few who really enjoyed being GM-s of the trading guilds.
If it doesn't work out, it won't reach PC-NA and if PC-EU population suffers from the whole experiment then... :)
Besides, maybe with the staggering improvement to the ESO performance issues on PC-EU as a result of trading add-ons becoming obsolete population on PC-EU actually grows... eventually more profit for ZOS, more gold for the gold-rich of ESO, better prices for all buyers of everything and better sales for all people who just want to sell the stuff they don't need in the game...
Could this be worth considering?
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you want the people who can't code themselves out of a wet paper bag and now blame add-ons for all the evils to drop the entire trading structure and transfer all that Input/Output to a global auction house overnight?
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wavingblue wrote: »
    So you want the people who can't code themselves out of a wet paper bag and now blame add-ons for all the evils to drop the entire trading structure and transfer all that Input/Output to a global auction house overnight?

^^^^^
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How exactly is a global market going to give you better prices? The players that got all that free gold can easily control all the rare items in the game. They might even have the buying power to affect the market prices for many of the mid level items. Common item prices will drop below vendor prices making it so new players or those who don't actively look for the higher worth items have no good way to make gold.

Not sure how anybody can believe add-ons are the problem. Add-ons are not restricted to just the EU server.

Why do you hate the EU players?

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Not sure how anybody can believe add-ons are the problem. Add-ons are not restricted to just the EU server.

ZOS believes add-ons are the problem, again.

• okiav
    okiav
    ✭✭✭
    How exactly is a global market going to give you better prices? The players that got all that free gold can easily control all the rare items in the game.
    ...maybe unexpectedly cap gold on all accounts at say 100 million or 1 billion gold or something like that?
    I am a PC-EU player, got only that account and I hate neither myself nor any others on my megaserver.
    I just really want to play ESO, that's all.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okiav wrote: »
    How exactly is a global market going to give you better prices? The players that got all that free gold can easily control all the rare items in the game.
    ...maybe unexpectedly cap gold on all accounts at say 100 million or 1 billion gold or something like that?
    I am a PC-EU player, got only that account and I hate neither myself nor any others on my megaserver.
    I just really want to play ESO, that's all.

Know some ppl who play it as a trading mmo game. A Limit is difficult. Maybe if its high enough yes.
    i would hate it if my bank would limit my bank account :).(in rl)
    I would implement a system where an amount of cashflow makes you highlighted for zos to confirm if everything is ok. Same with ap, etc.
    with our sub fees, it should be possible.

(thx fot blades, crapout76,... Not) dont take eso fee for creating garbage. Improve the game.
    Edited by Lisutaris on August 20, 2019 11:52PM