The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild sales history data blocked again - can ZoS please provide an update? (PC/NA)

Pyr0xyrecuprotite
Pyr0xyrecuprotite
✭✭✭✭✭
Apparently this has been going on since maybe 7pm EDT on Monday August 19; anyone who logged on after that time is affected. You can only see sales data for your guilds from when you logged on, not from when offline (before you logged on). This effectively breaks addons like Master Merchant as a side effect of course.
This looks the same as when ZoS previously disabled guild history functions in response to server-side performance problems. Could we please have some sort of notice or advisory from ZoS if/when this type of emergency action is taken??

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker - if anyone is online, please advise asap? thank you!

An old thread was necro'd about this issue as well: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6286536/#Comment_6286536. Perhaps it's time for ZoS to provide a more current update?
Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on August 20, 2019 3:15AM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weirdest thing about this bug is that it isn't consistent. I experience the same as you, only Sales History since I've logged on. However, some other people can see Sales History but not Bank History.

A friend of mine who has been consistently logged on all afternoon since before 7pm EDT is able to see 6 days of Sales History in his guild, 10 days of Sales History in UESP, and 10 days of Sales History in a third guild. He also has 10 days of Bank History in all guilds except the largest, which only has 9 days.

Edit: Then he logged out completely (closed the client), and now has 4 minutes of Sales History in his guild.
    Edited by baratron on August 20, 2019 4:04AM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's been happening all day. I logged in this afternoon some hours before 7 pm. No history from before I logged in, to include anything from yesterday. Furthermore, I've completely logged out of the game as well and lost what info populated into my history while I was logged in.

Please note this isn't just sales history that's affected, it's ALL history. I have nothing on guild and bank history either. That is incredibly detrimental.
  • radarcg
    radarcg
    Soul Shriven
    Same. I can only see 2 hours of guild history. Relogging makes no difference. This makes guild management virtually impossible for guild masters and officers.

Please escalate this.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard anything official about this issue?
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • kwbridge
    kwbridge
    ✭✭✭
    I am not seeing anything in the guild history.

I mean could we at least be notified in advance that it's going to be turned off ...
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kwbridge wrote: »
    I mean could we at least be notified in advance that it's going to be turned off ...

Or, hey, even notified after the fact?

Radio silence, per usual.
  • kwbridge
    kwbridge
    ✭✭✭
    This thread was started about 14 hours ago ...

Why has there not been a response? Even if it's we're working on it ...
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what you're looking for? An update from ZOS explaining why they turned it off.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6288356/#Comment_6288356
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 20, 2019 6:19PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    This is what you're looking for? An update from ZOS explaining why they turned it off.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6288356/#Comment_6288356

Actually, this new post by ZoS (less than an hour ago) actually only says that they disabled the API used by addons - "as part of the process of fixing the EU trader bid problem" (and related gold exploit/bug). What has actually happened is that all the sales (and sometimes bank) history was also turned off; you can't access it manually either via the guild history page.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on August 20, 2019 7:07PM