The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

[CP] Display how much spent, not how much a toon has

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I think it is more relevant to display how many points have been spent by the toon you are looking at, rather than how many points they have accumulated.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? It can be presumed in the vast majority of cases that a player less than the CP cap has spent as many as they have, and any player exceeding the CP cap has spent theirs up to the cap.

The only time this would come into play is for players who haven't chosen to spend all their points for some reason (for the challenge? Forgot about them?). Not only is that the much rarer case, there's no real reason I can think of that it needs to be seen. Is there some reason you need to see or want to show off that a character has spent less CP than they have?

If anything, its more relevant to ask for CP owned to be displayed even on low level characters, so everyone can easily see the difference between a brand new player or an experienced one.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only time this would come into play is for players who haven't chosen to spend all their points for some reason (for the challenge?

Generally there's not that much challenge once you get to CP but I'm sure some people don't spend it all because they don't need to or don't want to. I've seen posts talking about turning it off so I think some people don't even spend them and stay at 50.
    But whatever the reason, the actual amount spent is the relevant figure, not the total amount they have.

Seeing CP spent on a low-level toon is also a good idea since you get that CP even at low levels.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 20, 2019 4:22AM
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's already showing the amount of CP spent, it always has - the amount of CP overall, the amount of CP spent in each constellation, the amount of CP still available, it's all there.

and re @VaranisArano: what does the reason for him to want it matter to you? why do you even care?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerkling wrote: »
    it's already showing the amount of CP spent, it always has - the amount of CP overall, the amount of CP spent in each constellation, the amount of CP still available, it's all there.

and re @VaranisArano: what does the reason for him to want it matter to you? why do you even care?

Because I'm trying to figure out why ZOS should change the display from the status quo? I don't really see a reason, so I'm curious as to whether there's an obvious reason I've missed.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree, seeing the level of a party/trial members is good, but seeing how many of the points they allocated is more important.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jerkling wrote: »

Oh I probably wasn't clear. I meant the number floating over a toon's head. Or in the party list.
    Or, as @VaranisArano mentioned, the number that is NOT there when the toon is under level 50 but actually has CP.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: read OP's follow up comment and they are not clear in the OP There seem to be addons that show total CP a player has. I do not now which ones but I can see total CP when I look at a character.
    Edited by idk on August 20, 2019 8:10PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    edit: read OP's follow up comment and they are not clear in the OP There seem to be addons that show total CP a player has. I do not now which ones but I can see total CP when I look at a character.

AFAIK add on is not necessary to see total CP at the moment. It's part of their nameplate.
    My bad I remembered incorrectly. I usually have nameplates off completely.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 21, 2019 1:42AM
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1695-TargetLookupUnofficialMorrowindupdate.html for example shows Lvl/CP on other characters (as well as their faction, class and rank in the alliance war). ofc not how many they've spent or in the party window or any kind of neat list, but it's still pretty handy.

Edited by Jerkling on August 21, 2019 6:30PM