The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Performance in PVP Cyrodiil.

Kirky
Kirky
✭✭✭
Hi guys!

Anybody got any tips on how to prevent zergs/large battles dropping your frame rate to almost unplayable? I'm running a fairly decent set up with, again, decent internet but I cant seem to ever get my settings right so that zergs dont drop me to <1fps. Any tips/setting tweaks you have encountered would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
@Kirky_Lad [EU/AD]
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - best way: dont play during primetime (at least when it's 3 locked pop)
    or
    - leave big battles
    - play in another campaign like 7 day

During primetime, the pop is at its maximum, so people play in guild and we see lots of zergs and ballgroups. This is the 1st reason why our fps drops and the server lags.
    The dev' are trying to find a way to disperse zergs via skills/sets, at the same time thye're trying to improve the performances of the server. But as you know, it's like that since 5 years (even if before was worst).
    Edited by Xarc on August 19, 2019 9:50AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Kirky
    Kirky
    ✭✭✭
    Ah so its not a problem on my end its still the servers being unable to handle the mass of players spamming in zergs. Thanks for your help! 7 day it is!
    @Kirky_Lad [EU/AD]
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless you are running off wi-fi or have really slow internet, all lag, desync, stutter, FPS is ESO's servers.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirky wrote: »
    Ah so its not a problem on my end its still the servers being unable to handle the mass of players spamming in zergs. Thanks for your help! 7 day it is!

I turn mine to potato quality when playing prime time (usually ultra at 90fps) and it helps some. It's just too much going on for the server to keep track.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Kirky wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Anybody got any tips on how to prevent zergs/large battles dropping your frame rate to almost unplayable? I'm running a fairly decent set up with, again, decent internet but I cant seem to ever get my settings right so that zergs dont drop me to <1fps. Any tips/setting tweaks you have encountered would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

I used to think that it was a PS4 hardware issue not being able to handle all the processing coming in. But, after reading all the posts from PC and Xbox users I have come to the conclusion that it is a ZOS issue, either server or throughput issue. As such, I have given up hope of being able to correct or improve it on my end.