The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Help me choosing my main

kralskritek
Hello,
I am a new player. I need to finally choose my main to level up to 50 and to do CP. I am looking for a class that should be useful in all PvE content (so I wont get kicked because I have bad DPS class for example...).
I need to make decision between stamina TEMPLAR and stamina DK.
1.) Is stamina templar: is ST viable for all PvE content? (trials, dugneons, Maelstrom arena)
2.) Same queston for DK?
3.) Which would you recommend to carry on with playing?
4.) I usually play paladin like classes in all RPG/MMORPG. So tempalr sounds more closer to paladin. But it seems weaker than DK (dps wise).
5.) Is magicka warden considered as a good healer for all content? Or should I rather go for magicka templar?

Thanks! :)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar is extremely good right now, in any type of content
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magika Templar
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + magplar
    easy and smooth dps rotation, best healer

Though meta is meta. Few years ago magplar was waaaay worse than now. Meta-hammer is on pet sorcs now. Meta-blessing on magplars.

Y'all been warned )
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    according to this update or the previous one, or the next one, the meta changes... but we agree that you wont change your main each update, right ?
    So, I would say... just play your favorite character, the one you have fun with :)
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar is and always has been one of the best levelling characters.

The spammable heals you and to be honest, as a new player, all you really need to do is put a wall of elements down and sweep.
    Because of this, you can do sizeable pulls.

Get someone to craft you some levelling gear; 5 Julianos / 5 Seducer or something like that and don't forget your food and mundus and you'll be fine to grind all day long.

The supposed "meta" is based on the fact Templars have the same cleanse they've had for years and dots are at the forefront in PVP - That is completely redundant to you.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • kralskritek
    Thank you for you replies. I like more playing melee classes... Is stamina templar ok instead of magplar? I just dont enjoy playing casters... :/
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for you replies. I like more playing melee classes... Is stamina templar ok instead of magplar? I just dont enjoy playing casters... :/

Because of the nature of a Magplar (using Sweeps etc) you're effectively melee, despite actually being a caster.

But yes, nothing is stopping you using a stamina templar instead, though, you will need to get yourself a heal because using the built in Templar heal isn't really viable and you won't be constantly healing through your spammable.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

stamplar is op ^^
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32