The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anybody else suffering from too many characters?

richo262
richo262
✭✭✭✭✭
I have 10 characters, and it already feels like with so many characters there is no attachment to any of them.

Personally I'd prefer just have 1 for each class but the ability to change the loadout on the fly between roles. Have 1 Templar, rather than 1 Stamplar, 1 Tankplar, 1 Magplar.

It would be nice if there was a function using the lore of ESO where we can merge characters of the same class. The end result being 1 character with 2 loadouts, the 2nd loadout changes the race, attributes, CP, skill loadout on the fly.

Lore - To do a soul merge, you need to select a Primary character (appearance, and any quests completed that required a choice get priority) then you take your character that is going to be sacrificed to Azura, where she gives that character his/her soul back, which results in their proper death. The primary character receives the sacrificed characters 'essence'.

Requirements - The Primary character has to complete Cadwell Silver to accept a sacrifice character and Cadwell Gold to accept a 2nd sacrifice character.

Result - Inventory of primary character is increased by 100, bank is increased by 20, they have the option of a second loadout and the option to change their racial passives to the sacrificed characters racials. Two different sets of CP. Two different sets of Attributes. All base skills are universal on all loadouts, but morphs can be different.

Cons - You will lose 80 potential inventory slots on your account. You will also lose a character slot (but not really, it has just been added to another character) but you will regain it if you delete the primary character.

18 potential total slots, 6 classes, you can either have 18 characters or 6 characters with 3 loadouts each. Nothing is forced on the player, it is simply for those that want a cleaner and more meaningful character list.
  • smoothscape
    smoothscape
    ✭✭
    I like this idea very much. Thumbs up.

• richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'd buy the remaining 8 character slots in a heart beat if this was possible.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafters wont want it.

18 crafters or 6?

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea too, especially if it means i will need less time leveling up characters... Which is my bane. Then again, all the dds feel kinda the same, so i probably just need to level 3 more tanks. Probably.
    Edited by zvavi on August 19, 2019 8:57AM
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is a game out there where you have multi souls. it is called RIFT. I think it might have recently closed. had great pvp.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Crafters wont want it.

18 crafters or 6?

Then have daily writs drop 2x the reward, but no double drop from Hirelings.

The other point is, it is entirely optional. It is meant to be a choice with benefits and loses. If you prioritise crafting, or you prioritise role play, or you wish to have the maximum possible inventory space on your account, you may not wish to do this at all, or maybe only on a few characters. The choice factor is important.
    Edited by richo262 on August 19, 2019 9:00AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 18 characters and I am very attached to all of them. But they're all pre-existing OPs from other RPGs so they had meaning to me before I used them for ESO.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I have 18 characters and I am very attached to all of them. But they're all pre-existing OPs from other RPGs so they had meaning to me before I used them for ESO.

Good, the last thing I'd want to do is change that for you :)
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    Crafters wont want it.

18 crafters or 6?

The other point is, it is entirely optional. It is meant to be a choice with benefits and loses. If you prioritise crafting, or you prioritise role play, or you wish to have the maximum possible inventory space on your account, you may not wish to do this at all, or maybe only on a few characters. The choice factor is important.

Well , it wont happen , sounds like a massive amount of coding , They wont go down that route. They would have to rework a big part of the game , not going to happen.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafters wont want it.

18 crafters or 6?

Well , it wont happen , sounds like a massive amount of coding , They wont go down that route. They would have to rework a big part of the game , not going to happen.

You may be right, but I suspect they'll probably figure out that their current model of 3 more characters added every chapter or two, is not particularly scalable.
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sounds really complicated in my opinion.

If you want to play several Roles on 1 Character, then just maybe play Tank/Healer and Magplar on one for example? Farm the Skillpoints needed, spec into the Weapons and Skills you need, then just change Cps and Attributes when needed.
    Obv you will have to go for a Race, that will suit 1 Role more than the others or find a perfect middle..

But I mean, we saw people perfectly heal with Nords.

That's just an idea and probably not a too good Alternative, but I kind of do it on my Sorc Healer/DD.

Else, if you don't have any attachments to certain Characters, why not delete them?
    Obviously it's handy to have many Roles etc., but I grow attached to the Characters, I am using the most. Maybe sort some out?😅
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my stam DPS can be turned into makeshift half assed tanks. I'm not going to be wasting gold for the rare occasion I choose to tank them (usually to jump the dungeon finder que).

This is one the reasons I don't have much attachment to my characters, they are either standard generic stam DPS or they are a half ass tank. I'd prefer make a whole assed tank, but they are not viable for anything other than tanking group content which gets boring.

If people can have a proper second loadout on their stam dps characters, the supply of real tanks will increase exponentially, and dungeon finder would naturally improve from that.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only suffering about new characters. I need alliance change token.
    I am already have maximum characters on account.
    Recently i deleted my only one ep char due to faction lock, because i cant play with it cyro 30 days anymore.
    So i delete char with 60 / 60 / 60 horse, 400+ skyshards, undaunted, psyjiic etc. Like perfectly comleted char.
    I delete it and now making new for dc. Also zos propose me buy all sheet in clown store just for 700$ end price, just to switch alliance. Good deal, aren't it?
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    seems a bit...convoluted

i actually don't mind having loads of characters. a lot of the fun from eso for me lately has come from making a new character, making an outfit for them and grinding them to 50 on new content i haven't played yet. i very much enjoy having built up this collection of dudes on my character select screen
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all of my chars. Each one has a special role. So, no thank you. If anything, I'd rather see more character slots added, since I'm at my limit, and I love to level. As long as it's optional, and not forced, I wouldn't mind other people doing it. I just want my characters to stay, exactly, as wonderful as they are.

Best Regards
    Edited by Arrodisia on August 19, 2019 9:20AM
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »
    I only suffering about new characters. I need alliance change token.
    I am already have maximum characters on account.
    Recently i deleted my only one ep char due to faction lock, because i cant play with it cyro 30 days anymore.
    So i delete char with 60 / 60 / 60 horse, 400+ skyshards, undaunted, psyjiic etc. Like perfectly comleted char.
    I delete it and now making new for dc. Also zos propose me buy all sheet in clown store just for 700$ end price, just to switch alliance. Good deal, aren't it?

Yeah, that was something I was meaning to write about in my OP. Any character that has completed Cadwell Gold (all alliance related quests are completed) no longer has a dedicated faction and will shift allegiance with the alliance lock. IE, if you have an EP Character, you are locked on EP only, but if you complete EP and DC, your character can now move to EP or DC but not AD, if you complete AD, then it can move to EP, DC and AD with your alliance lock.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all of my chars. Each one has a special role. So, no thank you. If anything, I'd rather see more character slots added, since I'm at my limit, and I love to level. As long as it's optional, and not forced, I wouldn't mind other people doing it. I just want my characters to stay, exactly, as wonderful as they are.

Best Regards

Of course, I wrote this with full regard of people that enjoy all their characters. Optional is the way to go, with costs and benefits to making the choice. Many of us are finding half of our characters are becoming writ jockeys or are not as fun as others or might serve a better role as a secondary loadout for the just in case moments. ie, a DPS in nMOL that can swap to a tank on the fly is great for the 2nd boss.
    Edited by richo262 on August 19, 2019 9:27AM
  • Unij
    Unij
    ✭✭✭
    And I need much more storage space. The chars I don't play at the moment are packmules (about 9). And I can't delete any of them, even if I wanted. But hey nothing is holding you back in playing only one char for each class.
    Main char is a Strong Nord Man, Thief, Vampire, Healer, Mastercrafter. PC-EU since 2016.
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Agree, I made a suggestion that fits here, which is the possibility to change skills on the fly, like CP setup, without needing to go to a shrine, but at same time, locking them when inside dungeons/trials/bg/cyrodiil.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6282898
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one character, surely I'm not alone?

Mind you, I play first person too, third person screws up my eyeballs. Maybe I'm just different (read odd).
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's too many characters? My long-term goal is to have three of each race (ZOS, hurry up with those extra character slots!) ;)

Anyway... while I agree we should have swappable loadouts, I wouldn't say we should have to "sacrifice" anything for it. It's a pretty basic game feature, one could even say it's an industry standard. WOW got it, like, ten years ago, and WOW can hardly be described as innovator. What's the excuse for not having it by default in 2019?

Though the concept of merging old characters into new ones is cool! The possibilities...
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    I only have one character, surely I'm not alone?

I'm only playing one character, too. I'm too lazy to max out a whole bunch of them, then swap back and forth depending on the current flavour of the month.

I had to play a DK during the beta for some magazine articles. I had fun with it, so I created a DK at launch and I'm still playing that one today. I have some other characters on the side here and there, but the only one I seriously play is the DK.
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    All my stam DPS can be turned into makeshift half assed tanks. I'm not going to be wasting gold for the rare occasion I choose to tank them (usually to jump the dungeon finder que).

This is one the reasons I don't have much attachment to my characters, they are either standard generic stam DPS or they are a half ass tank. I'd prefer make a whole assed tank, but they are not viable for anything other than tanking group content which gets boring.

If people can have a proper second loadout on their stam dps characters, the supply of real tanks will increase exponentially, and dungeon finder would naturally improve from that.

Seems to me then that you have to find the perfect Class for yourself then, maybe even 2 favorites. Might be your problem, idk.

I could play my Warden and Sorc all the time for example cause I enjoy them the most. I don't really get bored of them.
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't say that I've ever had that problem. Only having 2 characters, one is my day 6-7 since ESO came out Sorcerer, who was my former main, now my main crafter. The other is magicka Nightblade made early 2016 and current main, even though not up to current high ceiling dps standards but holding his own just fine.
    Yes sometimes I'm having thoughts about trying a new, likely stamina, toon, but usually I prefer to stay with one solidly performing character. At least that way I know the class well and what I can, and can not, do with it.
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about crafters? Iwould like more crafter toons on my account. I would gladly have yours
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 10 characters, and it already feels like with so many characters there is no attachment to any of them.
    Then you didn't make characters, you made builds.
    I have some degree of attachment even to my class testbed characters... but then, I kinda find it really hard to get into playing a character I haven't at least made a rudimentary backstory for, and once you think up who your character is as a (fictional) person, what they want and where they came from... attachment kinda happens I guess.
    And that goes double for my "main" characters of course! Merely because I spent so much more time thinking up stories about them...
    Personally I'd prefer just have 1 for each class but the ability to change the loadout on the fly between roles...
    I personally would hate that sooooo much!
    All of it!
    But especially the "second loadout for one character to change on the fly..." thing!

I really think build choices should matter, and people should not just be able to do everything at once with some "second template" function...

I would also really, really hate any "cherry-pick your racial passives regardless of race" function, alt sacrifice or not...
    Though the concept of merging old characters into new ones is cool! The possibilities...
    I could see something like that being interesting... but only in a different way then the "multi-template" idea.

What I would use the concept for... might be dual-classing. As in... sacrifice a alt to get your main a new class option, evolving their old class into a new class with one additional cross-class skill line... but not selectable to cherry-pick your setup, but determined by the classes involved, with one skill line per class remaining class-specific no matter what...

I imagine something like:

• Dragonknight & Grave Lord (sacrificed Necromancer) = Dragon Priest
    • Dragonknight & Siphoning (sacrificed Nightblade) = Berserker
    • Dragonknight & Storm Calling (sacrificed Sorceror) = Spellsword
    • Dragonknight & Dawn's Wrath (sacrificed Templar) = Pyromancer
    • Dragonknight & Winters Embrace (sacrificed Warden) = Guardian

• Nightblade & Earthen Heart (sacrificed Dragonknight) = Scout
    • Nightblade & Living Death (sacrificed Necromancer) = Assassin
    • Nightblade & Dark Magic (sacrificed Sorceror) = Agent
    • Nightblade & Restoring Light (sacrificed Templar) = Rogue
    • Nightblade & Animal Companion (sacrificed Warden) = Ranger

• Sorceror & Ardent Flame (sacrificed Dragonknight) = Battlemage
    • Sorceror & Grave Lord (sacrificed Necromancer) = Warlock
    • Sorceror & Shadow (sacrificed Nightblade) = Illusionist
    • Sorceror & Restoring Light (sacrificed Templar) = Sage
    • Sorceror & Winters Embrace (sacrificed Warden) = Cryomancer

• Templar & Ardent Flame (sacrificed Dragonknight) = Crusader
    • Templar & Living Death (sacrificed Necromancer) = Healer
    • Templar & Shadow (sacrificed Nightblade) = Inquisitor
    • Templar & Dark Magic (sacrificed Sorceror) = Witchhunter
    • Templar & Animal Companion (sacrificed Warden) = Pilgrim

• Warden & Earthen Heart (sacrificed Dragonknight) = Barbarian
    • Warden & Grave Lord (sacrificed Necromancer) = Gravesinger
    • Warden & Siphoning (sacrificed Nightblade) = Reaver
    • Warden & Storm Calling (sacrificed Sorceror) = Shaman
    • Warden & Dawn's Wrath (sacrificed Templar) = Druid

• Necromancer & Earthen Heart (sacrificed Dragonknight) = Undertaker
    • Necromancer & Siphoning (sacrificed Nightblade) = Bloodmage
    • Necromancer & Dark Magic (sacrificed Sorceror) = Occultist
    • Necromancer & Dawn's Wrath (sacrificed Templar) = Spiritualist
    • Necromancer & Winters Embrace (sacrificed Warden) = Cultist

But without any "take two character slots", or other (difficult to code) inventiry shennannigans... however, with some conditions as to which alts can be used this way. Like... must have maxed all class skills and completed all of cadwells, so you cannot just feed throwaway alts to your main for getting there on the cheap...

...but I reckon that might be a tad too difficult for them to code, especially since it would not be so well recieved; people generally don't like giving things up they worked hard for, so...
    ...maybe not too likely to ever happen...
    ...still, it would be a neat idea methinks.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altoholics Anonymous is waiting. Join now and you can learn how to cut down your alts to a handful of mains today!
    giphy.gif
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, i have too many characters, but who's fault is that? (mine)

i think you just have to pick one and immerse yourself in him/her.

it's good to have a lot of characters, though, because you can do all their crafting writs and get more useful items for free, eg gold tempers, surveys. and gold also...i make 46k in gold across 9 characters. mind you, it's a bit tedious to do the crafting writs for all of them.
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I have 2. But only play one
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be completely honest 17/18 of my characters largely exist just to do max level daily writs to supply my main character with gold.

If they added more character slots I would most likely buy more, can't be stuffed creating a second account though, like others do so that they can do writs on 36 characters.

As for having the characters fulfill multiple roles, eg how OP spoke of: Personally I'd prefer just have 1 for each class but the ability to change the loadout on the fly between roles. Have 1 Templar, rather than 1 Stamplar, 1 Tankplar, 1 Magplar.

Just level up all the relevant skills on the one character you like, farm the desired sets for each build type you want to use and respec when you feel like playing another play-style, its not like your going to spend 5 minutes playing a stamina/magica DPS or 5 minutes playing a tank, your going to spend a decent amount of time playing the chosen role.

If you take the time on one character to get enough skill points you barely need to respec at all, just change your ability bar setup from time to time.

It costs me nearly 19K every time I want to reset my skills on my main character and when I feel like changing my play style I do just that, If I didn't have so many of my skill points tied up in crafting skills, I would only ever have to change the morphs and rearrange my gear and skill bars and I could do exactly what you describe perhaps not as instantly as you would like but its doable.

The problem is once you start creating more characters you stop investing time into one you actually like, I have leveled every single skill line available on my main character to the point I just have to respec and choose which morphs I want to use of desired ability's.

The problem is rather than just learning to be a Stamplar, Tankplar, Magplar on the one Templar you went ahead and created a fresh character rather than respec ing and leveling the other skills.