The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Living Dark

Papachico
Papachico
✭✭✭✭
The immovable that this skill grants makes combat cluncky and it should be removed. This comes from a magplar main.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    As long as snare immunity is removed from wings, los/heal from Sorc pets, 10% +major evaison from NB, shimmering loses ult gen, and major protection from necro.

Till then all the classes have bad cheese, so as a Templar main, be consistent ;)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as snare immunity is removed from wings, los/heal from Sorc pets, 10% +major evaison from NB, shimmering loses ult gen, and major protection from necro.

Till then all the classes have bad cheese, so as a Templar main, be consistent ;)

I didn't remember a single wing flap on Friday and I played for like 6 hours.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes change it to anything else.
    The current implementation is as unhealthy for gameplay as old wings, perma dodge or the old meridia abuse
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

i see it all the time and watch dark flare/force pulse hit for 900 dmg lol
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Doesn't matter with 6k dots ticking each second force pulse is just there to apply the charged major defile.
    Also why are you using dark flare it's an outdated skill that has lost any viability
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    macro users spotted lol
    because only macro users got LA + Skill even on non direct attack.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    macro users spotted lol

What? After ESO I often "weave" LA even in other games
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

Doesn't matter with 6k dots ticking each second force pulse is just there to apply the charged major defile.
    Also why are you using dark flare it's an outdated skill that has lost any viability

i moved between them all. most of the templar kit was made redundant and subject to the "balance brigade's" crusade.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the immobilize, double the healing, double the proc chance.
    Will be same healing tooltip over the six seconds, but better opportunity for the damn thing to heal. I run into the skill just not healing well due to the short cooldown, players dont proc it on cooldown, wasting healing potential.

It feels like the skill is used for the immobilize with the healing as an afterthought. When the healing should be main reason for using it.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    macro users spotted lol

Oh god, can we leave the you-ness contained to your own threads, please?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we trade roots on attacker to minor expedition on the templar for 2 seconds or something?
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Can we trade roots on attacker to minor expedition on the templar for 2 seconds or something?

Thats fine... a templar can be cc'ed but still i wont be able to get the finishing blow because i get afk rooted or stunned by the bubble.

Should make it major expedition though so it wont stack with mistform.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the big issue i see with living dark is its animation; can anyone tell me what's the black bubble skin difference between a templar who puts living dark on itself and a templar who got cursed by another templar's unstable core?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    the big issue i see with living dark is its animation; can anyone tell me what's the black bubble skin difference between a templar who puts living dark on itself and a templar who got cursed by another templar's unstable core?

Haha you didnt think zoe gonna give seperate animations did you
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »

there isn't lol.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nop living dark is good because many stop doing dmg of fear of root. That's a pretty defensive skill better than heal
  • scirocco2
    scirocco2
    I hate the animation so I dont use it. And the duration is way to short for it to be useful most of the time, only thing it might be useful for is if you get jumped by a stealther, but you cant keep spamming it until that happens if you dont want to be out of magicka for the fight. And the healing is so small its not even noticeble anymore the old version way way better.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only problem with this skills is the snare. There’s no cooldown. It’s stupid that anytime you use direct damage you’re snared.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    as always, zos lowering the skill ceiling so we dont need to be vampire and use mist.
    buffing everything else and ruined the other, meme game.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I still use them in combo with mist form. Quite fun seeing NBs dropping arrows at the vamp that reflects fire.

I wish I could also add inferno for the full wombo combo, but the bar is too small
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS fix this *** cheap ass skill, the whole forums is crying about magplars and it's not just because they can cleanse dot's that will be reapplied in a rotation anyway, or when now outnumbered cleanse is not even worth the 4k magicka since you will get the dot's back anyway. In open world PvP cleanse completely lost its purpose from a competitive perspective. Where I had to watch my debuff bar on whether to cleanse or not (mostly when major defile was up) it now is just *** since in a 3 vs 1 fight the debuffs stack up to 10+ easily. I could perma cleanse for 5 seconds until I run out of magicka since my mag regen isn't 8k.. What im trying to say is that from my perspective cleanse had a nice competitive purpose previous patches and is less useful this patch. Although people seem to blame magplar to be OP because of cleanse whereas Living Dark is the real broken skill. Fix this and solve the templar meta ***.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I still have not slotted wings on my DK, waste of bar space
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Papachico wrote: »
    Please ZOS fix this *** cheap ass skill, the whole forums is crying about magplars and it's not just because they can cleanse dot's that will be reapplied in a rotation anyway, or when now outnumbered cleanse is not even worth the 4k magicka since you will get the dot's back anyway. In open world PvP cleanse completely lost its purpose from a competitive perspective. Where I had to watch my debuff bar on whether to cleanse or not (mostly when major defile was up) it now is just *** since in a 3 vs 1 fight the debuffs stack up to 10+ easily. I could perma cleanse for 5 seconds until I run out of magicka since my mag regen isn't 8k.. What im trying to say is that from my perspective cleanse had a nice competitive purpose previous patches and is less useful this patch. Although people seem to blame magplar to be OP because of cleanse whereas Living Dark is the real broken skill. Fix this and solve the templar meta ***.

Too late, ZOS will nerf the entire class instead of making two changes :D
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the only changes I want to see for Templars.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually stopped using this and prefer spear for my cc now. Living dark just seems too situational and expensive.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Papachico wrote: »

What class do you want to see BIS?