Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Coming back from a hiatus-- have questions

Keileon
Keileon
✭✭
The last time I regularly played was around Murkmire's release, where my interest slowly waned for reasons not having to do with the game. I started playing again immediately before Scalebreaker. I know the basics of what's changed as far as content and big mechanics like the introduction of Necromancers and the crafting changes. I just need a little bit of catch-up to understand where I'm at.

1. Indrik feathers. How does this system work? I understand the bare bones of it, but an actual explanation of how that all works would be helpful.
2. Build-related things. My stamblade DPS was apparently crippled in some patch or another, to the point where I utterly failed to run vet Selene with him despite farming that dungeon all the time before my hiatus. He's hitting an average of 8k DPS in boss combat, but 17k against a target dummy without me even really trying-- what gives?
3. My petsorc healer, which I've always run vet dungeons and normal trials on with little issue, is performing relatively poorly as well, though not as bad as the stamblade. I've mostly noticed I'm dying more easily, though I'm not sure if that's a fault of the build or me just being extremely rusty.

Any insight is welcome. My builds have always been off-meta so I'm not looking for BiS Alcast suggestions, I just want to know what changed that's messing with them.

Edit: Sets, if it'll help:
Stamblade- Werewolf DPS. Molag Kena, Savage Werewolf, Blood Moon.
Petsorc- Vampire healer. Shadowrend, Necropotence, Worm's Raiments. (I know this is particularly off-meta-- I've gotten AlphaGear 2 specifically for him, because this build is more "solo thematics" than "best group meta".)
Edited by Keileon on August 15, 2019 8:03PM
PC NA | @ KudaKeileon | ESO+ | CP 600+
Ilus-Lei Xerseus - L50 | Argonian Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | Crafter | Pathological murderer || Caligan Casareeth - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (Healer) | Vampire | Worships Daedra
Team Space Bat - L50 | Khajiit Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | "Khajiit is trying." || Dances-Like-Stripper - L50 | Argonian Male | Balanced Warden (Tank) | Literally just does not care
Heals-You-Idiots - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Nightblade (Healer) | Jerk || Pleb Imperial - Sub-50 | Imperial Female | Balanced Dragonknight (Tank) | Probably blackmailed and/or kidnapped
Arynea Skycrowne - L50 | Bosmer Female | Stamina Sorcerer (DPS) | Way too happy for her own good || Careodry - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (DPS) | OC insert
Sylliriht - Sub-50 | Dunmer Female | Magicka Warden (DPS) | Vampire | Actually a Maormer || Marks-The-Grave - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Necromancer (DPS? Healer? ???) | An actual zombie
Swallows-Own-Tail - Sub-50 | Argonian Female | Magicka Templar (Healer) | Ouroboros || Orcish Obesity - Sub-50 | Orc Male | Necromancer | Meme

hi so I actually love crown crates

GIVE LILMOTHIIT RACE

Best Answers

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. You need to get 4 indrik feathers to get a basic indrik. Each feather costs 10 event tickets. You get 2 event tickets per day from specified dailies. If you want to evolve your basic indrik to a fancy version, you need 4 specific berries. Each berry costs 10 event tickets...

2. Nothing much has changed between Murkmire and Elsweyr in terms of stamblades. There was a little tweaking to make DKs more effective. They are no longer #1 on the DPS charts, but still top 3. Is your stamblade a kitty? Because those were hit by the racial passives rework, making them less effective. I see you are a werewolf, and I have to confess I have never run one.

3. I don't know. I've only run a petsorc as a DPS.

There is supposedly a massive retooling of combat with Scalebreaker. Might want to wait to see what the fallout is from that before overhauling your characters.
    Answer ✓
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To add to the indrick system. There is a different set of berries available each quarter. You've already missed the first two. A new berry is made available with each event week in a quarter. You can go back and buy the previously released berries from earlier in the current quarter, but not from any previous quarter. You can see the current quarter's evolution outside the event ticket merchant. If you want a particular evolution, focus on getting the berries first. The feathers are available all year. Items will now go into you collections menu.

They went though and standardized skills such as damage per cost per type. Re-skills are currently free. Go to a shrine and take an inventory of your skills.

They took a nerf hammer to healing, particularly overheal spammables. I think pets may have been included in that. Double check the new durations and the heal amount per second.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Answer ✓
  • Keileon
    Keileon
    ✭✭
    I HAVE a stamblade WW Khajiit, but the one I was referring to is an Argonian-- good to know the kitty was hit though.

Thank you!
    PC NA | @ KudaKeileon | ESO+ | CP 600+
    Ilus-Lei Xerseus - L50 | Argonian Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | Crafter | Pathological murderer || Caligan Casareeth - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (Healer) | Vampire | Worships Daedra
    Team Space Bat - L50 | Khajiit Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | "Khajiit is trying." || Dances-Like-Stripper - L50 | Argonian Male | Balanced Warden (Tank) | Literally just does not care
    Heals-You-Idiots - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Nightblade (Healer) | Jerk || Pleb Imperial - Sub-50 | Imperial Female | Balanced Dragonknight (Tank) | Probably blackmailed and/or kidnapped
    Arynea Skycrowne - L50 | Bosmer Female | Stamina Sorcerer (DPS) | Way too happy for her own good || Careodry - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (DPS) | OC insert
    Sylliriht - Sub-50 | Dunmer Female | Magicka Warden (DPS) | Vampire | Actually a Maormer || Marks-The-Grave - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Necromancer (DPS? Healer? ???) | An actual zombie
    Swallows-Own-Tail - Sub-50 | Argonian Female | Magicka Templar (Healer) | Ouroboros || Orcish Obesity - Sub-50 | Orc Male | Necromancer | Meme

hi so I actually love crown crates

GIVE LILMOTHIIT RACE
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, they made racials more important to class. Orc got a big boost, and some think its the optimal race for stamblade. Redguard is still great and its my choice for PVE. The other options took a bit of a beating for PVE stamblades. Khajiit (and Dark Elf) are now more hybrid-friendly, so my old Dunmer is now a PVP-focused nightblade that can flip back and forth between stamina and magic. Bosmer is good, but more suited for PVP. Never played an Imperial, but their passives are kind of funky for a stamblade.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's now more dot focused to be honest so perhaps you can change your gear to go towards a dot focused build like vipers or even widow maker.

There's a few other sets from the newer dungeons like tzogvin that can help though honestly, I managed to get 25k just by using hunding and vipers.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    It's now more dot focused to be honest so perhaps you can change your gear to go towards a dot focused build like vipers or even widow maker.

There's a few other sets from the newer dungeons like tzogvin that can help though honestly, I managed to get 25k just by using hunding and vipers.

not really true? stamblade and magblades in my opinion need high crit and high dmg with a mid level recovery rate. OP you might wanna look up some of xynodes or alcast guides and look at what is being thought of as BiS for your class. no offense to this guy but hundings/viper was so 3 years ago lol :P

*edit* maybe you could do with a low recovery rate if you can keep 100% up on leeching strikes and LA rotation
    Edited by PoseidonEvil on August 22, 2019 4:28PM
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not really true? stamblade and magblades in my opinion need high crit and high dmg with a mid level recovery rate.

Truth is in the playstyle, @PoseidonEvil ... so what you think a class “should” be is always going to be different from the next player.

In other words, a Nightblade focused on high regen is a totally valid way to play. In fact, one of Alcast’s PvP Stamblade builds uses Bone Pirate for sustain in no-CP PvP.

Which, incidentally, is why I have two (2) Stamblade characters. One is focused on high crit / damage ... but the other (Redguard) is way more tanky and sustain-focused.

VOBWZ2y.png

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 22, 2019 5:13PM
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭

not really true? stamblade and magblades in my opinion need high crit and high dmg with a mid level recovery rate.

Truth is in the playstyle, @PoseidonEvil ... so what you think a class “should” be is always going to be different from the next player.

In other words, a Nightblade focused on high regen is a totally valid way to play. In fact, one of Alcast’s PvP Stamblade builds uses Bone Pirate for sustain in no-CP PvP.

Which, incidentally, is why I have two (2) Stamblade characters. One is focused on high crit / damage ... but the other (Redguard) is way more tanky and sustain-focused.

VOBWZ2y.png

the only reason you would need a higher recovery for a NB in pvp would be due to leeching poisons though right? See I thought he was talking about PvE where no such case exists, thus you only need 100% uptime on leeching with a LA rotation. But im only spectating because I don't play NB's at all … my advice is to take in everything everyone says and from there find your playstyle like the previous guy suggests :)
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk