The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Consumable Crafting Writ Questions

ms_sophysticated
Hello everyone,

I noticed that yesterday when I logged onto a toon that already had writs to complete. when I finished them, I couldn’t get the ones for that day. and then this morning around 6:30est I did the exact same thing as yesterday and when I finished those writs from yesterday. the icons for todays writs showed up.

I wanted to know what the criteria was that allows a character to be able to do the daily writs from the day before and the present day?

I do Daily Consumable Crafting Writson 12, soon to be 18 characters. So sometimes, If I know that I am going to not be able to finished them right then and there, then what I will do is collect the writs, on each toon and log out until I can complete them sometime later that day.

Since I don’t know how many items that I am going to need to craft to be able to sustain for a bout a week. I just do them all individualy which can be VERY Tiresome. I know that when multi-crafting comes out, things will get easier for me as a console player.
Edited by ms_sophysticated on August 15, 2019 2:54PM
Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
CHARACTER INFO:
mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enchanting and provisioning, like the equipment craft writs, are on a 3 day cycle. You should always be able to pick up the quests on one day, say Monday, complete them on Tuesday and get new quests that same day. If however you wait till Thursday, you will not get a new quest, as the game thinks you've just finished the same quest it would have given you.
    Alchemy is on a 4 day cycle until level 8, where it becomes an 8 day cycle (4 days of potions, 4 days of poisons).
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Enchanting and provisioning, like the equipment craft writs, are on a 3 day cycle. You should always be able to pick up the quests on one day, say Monday, complete them on Tuesday and get new quests that same day. If however you wait till Thursday, you will not get a new quest, as the game thinks you've just finished the same quest it would have given you.
    Alchemy is on a 4 day cycle until level 8, where it becomes an 8 day cycle (4 days of potions, 4 days of poisons).

^^ This
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Basically, the game doesn't care when you've picked up a daily, it only cares when you turn it in. So, if you turn in a daily that is the same as what would be offered that day, you can't pick it up again.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echoing what everyone above me has said although I was wondering if max-tier provisioning is still a 3-day rotation or if it's a 4-day? I'm at work and can't remember, but I swear I had more than 6 stacks of pre-crafted food in my main's inventory.

Or, am I just remembering back to several years ago when max-tier required a mix of CP100-140 and CP150-160 food/drink?

Either way, I got burned by your exact issue on the first day of the Anniversary event in 2018 because I went through all my alts and picked up the daily crafting writs a week+ ahead of time so I wouldn't forget and it just so happened that the rotation fell exactly the same as the first day of the festival so I cost myself about 72 reward boxes. :frowning:

Forgotten words.
    Edited by Feric51 on August 15, 2019 7:47PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you're remembering the old 6 day provisioning rotation with the cp100 foods.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I think you're remembering the old 6 day provisioning rotation with the cp100 foods.

I figured as much right after I typed it out. I craft all my foods/drinks in bulk and keep a stack in each character's inventory so I only have to remake stuff about once every ten months... so it's been awhile, lol.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ms_sophysticated
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Basically, the game doesn't care when you've picked up a daily, it only cares when you turn it in. So, if you turn in a daily that is the same as what would be offered that day, you can't pick it up again.

Oh, ok. I understand it now. thanks
    Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
    CHARACTER INFO:
    mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade