The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Rapids

linlilia
linlilia
✭✭✭
Can anyone explain why Rapid Maneuvers got decreased in duration? I know to go with other skills in Major Expedition, but the issue is both morphs is that there is no combat use for them anymore. It was taken away 2 patches ago. The only value in either morph is for farming and running across the map (mostly pvp).

Why take away our 30 seconds of running faster while running from point A to B? It hurts the farmers the most.....................................................................
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe that IS the point
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    linlilia wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why Rapid Maneuvers got decreased in duration? I know to go with other skills in Major Expedition, but the issue is both morphs is that there is no combat use for them anymore. It was taken away 2 patches ago. The only value in either morph is for farming and running across the map (mostly pvp).

Why take away our 30 seconds of running faster while running from point A to B? It hurts the farmers the most.....................................................................

At 8 seconds of Major and Minor expedition that doesn't go away, it actually does have some combat use again. Which is nice, since it's an alliance war skill.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wear some speed gear, (Cowards and Darkstride,) you won't need rapids for farming.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like what they did with it, I always hated slotting it in Cyrodiil, it's great for those long horse rides, but if you were ever attacked with it it's a wasted skill slot. Now, even though there's other ways to get major expedition in combat, it's at least not a complete waste.

If movement speed is a priority for you while farming, then like MrGarlic said, invest in some gear. I prefer Fiords/Jailbreaker over Cowards/Darktride because I can then use major expedition on top of it. My main crafter & harvester is a Bosmer Warden with a bow and Stam Netch so I just roll when I want a boost. But there's all kinds of ways to do it.
  • linlilia
    linlilia
    ✭✭✭
    I run Fiords/Darkstride and yet my speed is way slower, for hardcore farmers it is needed, especially on magicka characters (why magicka because that is where my crafting is maxed).
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was better for vet speedruns.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly used it as a way to clear snares from myself while also speeding myself and my group when we needed to do a lot of wandering or catch up when we got separated.

Channeled Acceleration is the longest duration I can now use, and I'm kinda disappointed that I no longer have a good "catch up" skill for dungeons. I also have to leave people behind if they don't have it or a similar skill slotted.

I wish we had something we could use like that again -- a 30 second haste that instantly dispelled if we took any combat action. It was really useful.
          In verity.
  • linlilia
    linlilia
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind that it dissipates in combat and if you use another skill, I find that a fair trade with how long it was. Now it has little to no use at all except to gallop across the board. Either give use the snares freedom again or give us the 30 seconds back. It has just become a useless skill.

~Lin