Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

[REQUEST]: Reset number to craft to zero between items

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I like the efficiency now available with the ability to craft, deconstruct and refine a large quantity at once but I think some of the defaults could be improved to prevent unintentional use of items and resources. I do appreciate that there is a pop-up confirmation when I select a number of items to deconstruct.

Two changes I would like to see:

1) The default for refining and crafting should always be minimum and 1, respectively. It’s great to have the option to do everything at once, but it should always be a conscious choice and not by accident.

2) Please reset the number of items to craft to 1 once I change to a different item and especially when I move to a different crafting station! I was quite surprised to find that I’d unintentionally crafted several clothing pieces each when I moved to the clothing station after crafting several rings at the jewelry station.
Edited by Araneae6537 on August 15, 2019 2:43AM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two other issues with the function. First, I should be able to type the number of items into the count and not be stuck using the +/- buttons. Second, when using the +/- to adjust the count the number should wrap back to 1 or whatever the maximum is for the item being crafted.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just discovered another quirk with the resetting of the count. I used multi-item create for woodworking setting the count to two. I then moved to my alchemy station which only created one item. From there I went to the blacksmithing station and the count was back at two. Having read this before I started it saved me from just creating my items blindly like I usually do.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just discovered another quirk with the resetting of the count. I used multi-item create for woodworking setting the count to two. I then moved to my alchemy station which only created one item. From there I went to the blacksmithing station and the count was back at two. Having read this before I started it saved me from just creating my items blindly like I usually do.

That’s good to know! I feel like since the patch there’s more I have to check when crafting to make sure I don’t do something unintentional. To address this particular problem, whenever I increase the number to craft, I now set it back to one myself right away so I won’t miss it later.
  • LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is bad design, and should default to min especially when switching crafting station types.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty angry that I have to click the "min" button EVERY TIME, for every single refinement, if I want to refine mats one at a time. What the hecking what?!! No! If I set it on minimum it needs to STAY on minimum until I tell it I'm done doing one at a time. Quit trying to force multicrafting on me.
    Edited by Minyassa on August 19, 2019 9:08AM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    I like the efficiency now available with the ability to craft, deconstruct and refine a large quantity at once but I think some of the defaults could be improved to prevent unintentional use of items and resources. I do appreciate that there is a pop-up confirmation when I select a number of items to deconstruct.

Two changes I would like to see:

1) The default for refining and crafting should always be minimum and 1, respectively. It’s great to have the option to do everything at once, but it should always be a conscious choice and not by accident.

2) Please reset the number of items to craft to 1 once I change to a different item and especially when I move to a different crafting station! I was quite surprised to find that I’d unintentionally crafted several clothing pieces each when I moved to the clothing station after crafting several rings at the jewelry station.

Ya, the auto "MAX" is the worst . Burned through a few stacks of raws before I realized what was going on , now have to set it to min/1 every time. Awful , apparently whoever coded it doesn't play the game /craft etc.
  • EmpressMeg
    EmpressMeg
    ✭✭
    I agree. I lost a stack of 1.7k raw ancestor silk and1.5k rough rubedo leather. :( Very upsetting. I was hoping the update might see a fix in the works but alors!

NA, PC @EmpressMeg
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Material refinement defaulting to max is probably the stupidest thing I've seen in this game yet. How did this even make it past pts? Is everyone on pills?
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping the new system would be the MultiCraft add-on without needing the add-on. It always reset to 1 and the number was selectable.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    I was hoping the new system would be the MultiCraft add-on without needing the add-on. It always reset to 1 and the number was selectable.

That would be great! As it is now, the changes to crafting make for one more thing I have to remember to check rather than being a convenience. :disappointed:
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can fully understand why it is bad to craft multiple gear items, but I cannot see why you would want to refine only a single time in almost every case.

List items for sale earlier if you really want to do that first. What value does keeping a stack of 1.5K raw items around have?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can fully understand why it is bad to craft multiple gear items, but I cannot see why you would want to refine only a single time in almost every case.

List items for sale earlier if you really want to do that first. What value does keeping a stack of 1.5K raw items around have?

I only refine what I am going to use now. I will eventually put ranks in refining so it would be wasteful to refine the raw materials now. Plus, one may want to wait to sell until they have a stack of raw material to sell, etc., but may need to refine a small amount for crafting in the mean time.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »

Yes I was hoping the same. This would be a great tweak of what they have done now.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thing that gets me is that the add-on Multicraft worked fine, defaulted to 1, allowed you type in the numbers, although it was just a bit on the slow side. It took ZOS's implementation to really screw it up :)
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One reason to keep the raw materials around is to try to sell when supplies are low in the guild store. Because of this I only want to refine limited quantities.

From a usability perspective it is more natural and better practice to default to the minimum value. Also in this vein is the value being reset to default when you leave or upon first entry to a workstation.