Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

so ugh... stealth DETECTION potions dont work?

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
some scummy gank blade as usually picking off people on roads instead of being useful, no biggy, throw on detection potion, root and stun him to hell and back while draining stamina.
pop potion.
get point blank gankbladed with all the critical bonuses despite having the giant eye of "i see you" while simutaniously not being able to see them at all, the guy was able to run upt to my face while it was active, burst me down with his "pro" macrobashspam combo of i win without even being revealed until the very end of my health bar.

so much for "GIT GUD" huh? one of the few counters for countering stealth spammers (which btw so much for all the crying they are dead, they are still everywhere like parasites) one of the strongest defensive abilities in the game doesn't even work.

this happened 3 times before i gave up and let him *** people at will.
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    "pro" macrobashspam combo

    Because pressing 3 buttons is clearly macroing. Lmoa

    getting hit with an instant poison injection, bash, ambush, bash and incapacitate before he's even come out of stealth either takes a super human hand movement, or macros.
    considering many streamers have been caught macroing live, its not exactly a mystery "new" thing. the combat system sucks and can be exploited massively. doesn't help when *** doesn't even work to try counter stuff.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

    EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    "pro" macrobashspam combo

    Because pressing 3 buttons is clearly macroing. Lmoa

    getting hit with an instant poison injection, bash, ambush, bash and incapacitate before he's even come out of stealth either takes a super human hand movement, or macros.
    considering many streamers have been caught macroing live, its not exactly a mystery "new" thing. the combat system sucks and can be exploited massively. doesn't help when *** doesn't even work to try counter stuff.

    If I’m not mistaken he can counter the detect pot with another invis pot. Not saying that’s what he was doing but I do believe that’s a counter that has worked at least in the past.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd assume bugs or lag are responsible.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if he is "macro" as you claim, (which he probably was, i believe you because i see it daily) then he is also using a non detection cheat.
    why would he have just one and not the other.
    potions are over powered, they cannot be stopped.
    if you had a potion active, and he was undetectable, then he was using a cheat.
    best in slot: is the armor, weapon, clothing look, pet, or no pet, jewelry, race, class, skill choices, amount of DPS, and skin color best fit to you and the way you wish to play and makes you feel good and performs what YOU think it should be.

    worst in slot: what you read in zone chat, and forum comment, and forum thread, and you tube video, and live streamer advice, and class rep advice, and guild chat advice, and whisper told you to wear, and use for skill, and dress like, and use for weapon and armor.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    I'd assume bugs or lag are responsible.

    or this ^
    lagg is the only other explination, it lagged and by time caught up to you, you was dead or near dead.
    best in slot: is the armor, weapon, clothing look, pet, or no pet, jewelry, race, class, skill choices, amount of DPS, and skin color best fit to you and the way you wish to play and makes you feel good and performs what YOU think it should be.

    worst in slot: what you read in zone chat, and forum comment, and forum thread, and you tube video, and live streamer advice, and class rep advice, and guild chat advice, and whisper told you to wear, and use for skill, and dress like, and use for weapon and armor.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    "pro" macrobashspam combo

    Because pressing 3 buttons is clearly macroing. Lmoa

    getting hit with an instant poison injection, bash, ambush, bash and incapacitate before he's even come out of stealth either takes a super human hand movement, or macros.
    considering many streamers have been caught macroing live, its not exactly a mystery "new" thing. the combat system sucks and can be exploited massively. doesn't help when *** doesn't even work to try counter stuff.

    Just because you can't press 3 buttons per second doesn't mean it's super human to do so. It's very much on the low end in terms of mechanical intensity.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    "pro" macrobashspam combo

    Because pressing 3 buttons is clearly macroing. Lmoa

    getting hit with an instant poison injection, bash, ambush, bash and incapacitate before he's even come out of stealth either takes a super human hand movement, or macros.
    considering many streamers have been caught macroing live, its not exactly a mystery "new" thing. the combat system sucks and can be exploited massively. doesn't help when *** doesn't even work to try counter stuff.

    Just because you can't press 3 buttons per second doesn't mean it's super human to do so. It's very much on the low end in terms of mechanical intensity.

    we can all animation cancel.
    but i think in those cases its lagg.
    because it happens instantly and the logg shows multiple damage output within under 10nth of a second for 8+ damage abilities went off is iether lagg or a cheat or macro
    best in slot: is the armor, weapon, clothing look, pet, or no pet, jewelry, race, class, skill choices, amount of DPS, and skin color best fit to you and the way you wish to play and makes you feel good and performs what YOU think it should be.

    worst in slot: what you read in zone chat, and forum comment, and forum thread, and you tube video, and live streamer advice, and class rep advice, and guild chat advice, and whisper told you to wear, and use for skill, and dress like, and use for weapon and armor.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to clarify there wasn't lag issues because there were no huge battles nearby, skills were working normal etc.
    saw the guy fondling people as they passed an area, figured i'd put a boot up his ass, threw a shocking touch, rune prison to hold him so i can apply consuming soultrap and structured entropy, then i use the strongest detection potion i have because i know toxicblades are fond of spamming their run home to mommy button (cloak), he does exactly that except, i cant see him, i was 10yard range from him when i had my potion active and i couldnt see him, 3 seconds pass, i the incapacitate stun and a light attack, dead.
    recap shows the above listed bash spam.
    his health was full when i saw him again.
    all of my damage over times "missed" their ticks.

    round 2 and 3, i slot magelight. (the one that reduces stealth crit damage) made no difference. he could consistently do this.

    so how would i "GIT GUD" in this situation eh? come on @Rikumaru
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

    EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Stealth detection increases the range, but it doesn’t become unlimited.

    Odds are the NB was out of range of detect until he ambushed (a teleport gap closer).

    i activated it within 8m (melee ability) range.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

    EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    to clarify there wasn't lag issues because there were no huge battles nearby, skills were working normal etc.
    saw the guy fondling people as they passed an area, figured i'd put a boot up his ass, threw a shocking touch, rune prison to hold him so i can apply consuming soultrap and structured entropy, then i use the strongest detection potion i have because i know toxicblades are fond of spamming their run home to mommy button (cloak), he does exactly that except, i cant see him, i was 10yard range from him when i had my potion active and i couldnt see him, 3 seconds pass, i the incapacitate stun and a light attack, dead.
    recap shows the above listed bash spam.
    his health was full when i saw him again.
    all of my damage over times "missed" their ticks.

    round 2 and 3, i slot magelight. (the one that reduces stealth crit damage) made no difference. he could consistently do this.

    so how would i "GIT GUD" in this situation eh? come on @Rikumaru

    Just don't let your HP drop below 0% xd.
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    "pro" macrobashspam combo

    Because pressing 3 buttons is clearly macroing. Lmoa

    getting hit with an instant poison injection, bash, ambush, bash and incapacitate before he's even come out of stealth either takes a super human hand movement, or macros.
    considering many streamers have been caught macroing live, its not exactly a mystery "new" thing. the combat system sucks and can be exploited massively. doesn't help when *** doesn't even work to try counter stuff.

    Just because you can't press 3 buttons per second doesn't mean it's super human to do so. It's very much on the low end in terms of mechanical intensity.

    we can all animation cancel.
    but i think in those cases its lagg.
    because it happens instantly and the logg shows multiple damage output within under 10nth of a second for 8+ damage abilities went off is iether lagg or a cheat or macro

    The most someone can do is, la -> skill -> bash -> weapon swap -> roll dodge. I guess you could throw in a flying dagger gap closer in there too since it doesn't count to a GCD. But that aside, people can only throw out 3 damaging abilities at your in 1 GCD. Those 8+ damage "abilities" are glyphs, enchants, dots, debuffs, proc sets, delayed abilities etc. You cannot throw out 8 abilities in 1 GCD, it's simply impossible as the game literally does not allow you to do so.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lagswitch still works?
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet you he was just porting to his shade
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its called this game is buggy beyond belief.

    Earlier I was Flame Whipped through a damn pillar at Bleakers by a DK that was invisible to me LOL

    I have been hit from 17 meters away by Dizzy Swing. I have been hit though dodge roll mid roll by things like Dizzy Swing, Veiled Strike, and even Flame Lash.

    this game is completely broken right now because the servers are complete ****. The lag is so bad its shameful. Don't believe the in-game indicator of latency, it lies. Check Windows Resource Monitor. The in-game ping indicator says you have 110 ping, Windows Resource Monitor shows 300+ which is the real latency.

    At Ales earlier in-game showed a red 300 ping, Windows Resource Monitor showed 900+ it literally took till the count of 3 for weapon swap to even function. Any channeled abilities like Rapid Strike, Biting Jabs, etc...don't even work because where your aiming isn't where things are with this lag.

    Guess i'll have to limit my playtime to only early mornings on weekends only, its not worth playing any other time.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Imperial Stamina Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP
    My YouTube Channel



    Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

    "Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet you he was just porting to his shade

    i had his shade in view and he didn't waste it.
    guess he needed a 3rd escape beyond stealth spam and dodge roll to victory.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

    EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    "pro" macrobashspam combo

    Because pressing 3 buttons is clearly macroing. Lmoa

    getting hit with an instant poison injection, bash, ambush, bash and incapacitate before he's even come out of stealth either takes a super human hand movement, or macros.
    considering many streamers have been caught macroing live, its not exactly a mystery "new" thing. the combat system sucks and can be exploited massively. doesn't help when *** doesn't even work to try counter stuff.

    You have to look at the logs in Combat metrics to confirm the timing. You can't have a poison injection/ambush/incap within 1 second without lag.

    IMO cheating is rare in PvP. I don't think these "magic engines" are prevalent.

    The most common cheating is probably mapping light attacks to abilities, so that a single button push executes a perfect weave (both light attack and ability land at once). This is easy to do with a programmable mouse. Then your ani-cancelling is mostly done for you. But it can't overcome GCD. And all it does is save you 0.4 seconds or thereabouts, but a good player can then pack more damage into their rotations/bursts
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in summary, you hate nightblades.
    PC EU, Stamina DK (EP), Magicka NB (EP), Magicka Warden (EP), Magicka Templar (EP). Occasionally: Stamina Templar (EP), Stamina NB (AD), Stamina Sorcerer (DC)
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    dsalter wrote: »
    "pro" macrobashspam combo

    Because pressing 3 buttons is clearly macroing. Lmoa

    getting hit with an instant poison injection, bash, ambush, bash and incapacitate before he's even come out of stealth either takes a super human hand movement, or macros.
    considering many streamers have been caught macroing live, its not exactly a mystery "new" thing. the combat system sucks and can be exploited massively. doesn't help when *** doesn't even work to try counter stuff.

    Macro will not allow you to bypass GCDs. In one GCD/1sec you can do LA+skill+bash and that's it. You can macro that to one button(some ppl think it's not cheating, but i do), but even if you spammed it 10 times in one sec, the macro will fire off only one time because of GCD. Only cheats will allow ppl to bypass GCDs, while macros are not considered as cheats per se.
    PC-EU 1000+ cp
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    You can macro that to one button(some ppl think it's not cheating, but i do), but even if you spammed it 10 times in one sec, the macro will fire off only one time because of GCD.
    Furthermore, doing that doesn't make you a more effective player at the high end, it hampers you. For example, if you macroed Surprise Attack / Concealed Weapon for weaving, you would probably run into issues availing of the guaranteed crit and stun from Cloak. Sometimes you want to weave, sometimes you don't. What you would gain in ease of use, you would tend to sacrifice in flexibility.
    PC EU, Stamina DK (EP), Magicka NB (EP), Magicka Warden (EP), Magicka Templar (EP). Occasionally: Stamina Templar (EP), Stamina NB (AD), Stamina Sorcerer (DC)
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭
    Literally no one uses macros.
    We may be down but we will never be out.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP, you made huge mistake, you must never mention: macro, bunny hopping, sorc nerfs and so on if you want people to discuss your core topic, and not those always inciting things.
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Literally no one uses macros.
    Yeah, and that's why many people openly say they use them for years without problems. Ok, maybe they are lying :smirk:

    Though i think this is lag. Sometimes you may die from full HP in 1-2 seconds and see whole list of attacks which you didn't saw and which hardly can be called a burst. Something like 5 light attacks + other skills. Quite obviously you can't physically receive 5 light attacks from one person in 2 seconds.
    Restart your router
Sign In or Register to comment.