The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bar Swap getting stuck

Kronuxx
Kronuxx
✭✭✭✭
I assumed this was supposed to be fixed in PTS as it was an issue with the first PTS patch 5.1.0 when they decided to add in cast times for Ultimates. The issue at that time was that things like being able to bar swap cancel skills, roll dodge cancel or bash cancel was extremely clunky or nonoperable making combat choppy and horrid. In the last PTS patch, 5.1.4 I tested combat again and it seemed fluid again except of course for the cast times on Ultimates (another discussion for another day as to why it shouldn't be there). The thing is, I am constantly getting stuck on one bar when trying to switch, and it seems to be aggravated when I bar swap cancel. In patch 5.1.1 Gina mentioned and I quote
General
Many core combat abilities such as Sprint, Dodge, Bash, and bar swapping can fail to occur if cast within 100ms of activating an ability. This is under investigation with high priority, and we’re working on getting it fixed as quickly as possible.

So in short, this issue still exists in Live as of 5.1.5. Can we please get this fixed again and permanently this time hopefully?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Kronuxx on August 13, 2019 10:53PM
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Skill bar also getting locked. Since the patch got live... it happens to me 10 times today.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi. I'd like to welcome you to Australia, and please visit our beautiful beaches.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS will take years to fix it.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this problem once just before the patch, I could walk around and access menues but not roll dodge, LA, bar swap or use any skills. Had to restart game. Has not had it before as I remember.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was just me lol
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bar swap and staff getting stuck continuously and it's not a lag prob it's something else going on.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also when using ambush/lotus or flying blade when animation won't finish because of e.g. cloak or LoS, you'll get stuck unable to do anything - even roll dodging, light attacking, weapon swapping or firing a skill - all you can is to move and jump.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumpity bump. This needs to be addressed. Combat is clunky, at times unplayable. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler Can you at least tell us if you notice this problem... It is really so bad...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE