Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafter Master Writs Since Scalebreaker

Gundug
Gundug
✭✭✭✭✭
I would be interested to hear what sort of drop rates of jewelry master writs players with master jewelry crafters are getting from their daily writs. I am personally zero for 30+ on day one.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got 3 blues today on 22 characters doing max level
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got zero from 18 today. The drop rate in general seems lower which I'm fine with as long as they are worth doing. I'm still waiting to lay eyes on a legendary master writ for jewelry just to see where they are at now.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/486397/pts-jewelry-master-writ-changes

Whole thread with a sampling of a dozen or so of each of the writs that can drop.

Only unknown is the actual drop rate.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 3 more blues from my 22 max level again on day 2. That makes 6 from 44.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far none have dropped on my 18 characters, 2 day worth of writs since the patch dropped.

Got a few double grains dropped though that surprised me.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have managed one blue master writ for 62 daily top level jewelry writs so far. The writ was easy to solve for 28 vouchers. Definitely worth it now.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one character only and got my first blue writ today. Nothing yesterday. So that's a 1/3 rate from a really piddlingly small, inconsequential sample lol.

Bit like the odds of winning the lottery are 50/50, you'll either win it or you won't :D
    Edited by pdblake on August 14, 2019 11:05AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    So far none have dropped on my 18 characters, 2 day worth of writs since the patch dropped.

Yes, they added the chance for double grains to drop, grains of any color to drop, as well as a rare chance for a full plating. Grains (of any color) are also guaranteed to drop from top tier writs.

This was added midway through the PTS cycle, but it didn't make it into the patch notes. Unless I missed it.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    bmnoble wrote: »

Yes, they added the chance for double grains to drop, grains of any color to drop, as well as a rare chance for a full plating. Grains (of any color) are also guaranteed to drop from top tier writs.

This was added midway through the PTS cycle, but it didn't make it into the patch notes. Unless I missed it.

Yup! Max level writs will always drop a grain. Appears to be in the following percentages

Terne: 10-15%
    Iridium: 25-35%
    Zircon: 20-30%
    Platinum: 20-30%

Still narrowing down the numbers through more tests.

Furthermore, there appears to be between a 10-15% chance of you getting a "double" drop for any of the grain qualities. (I believe this "roll" happens after your grain has been determined).

Lastly, there is a small chance (I'd guess around a 1% chance) of you receiving a full plating in the grain quality. (I got 1 in 84 writs on PTS) and (1 in 72 so far on live)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In regards to the master writ drops. I got 4 more blue and a GOLD! jewelry craft master writ today. (The gold is still 700g/voucher, not worth doing). The blues are all good though! (~350g/voucher)

Bringing my total to 11 in 66 (which seems high compared to other drops). 18 of those characters are full 9-trait crafters in jewelry (or researching their 9th trait), so they have the highest drop chance, since "traits-researched" is what increases master writ drop chance for jewelry crafting. The other 4 are 6/7 trait crafters in jewelry
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed six master writs today, all blue. That brings me to 7 for 93. I like the master writs a lot, but there is no apparent balance based on the trait used, or if there is, it is very limited. I do not feel that an infused or triune piece of blue jewelry should only return as many vouchers as arcane or healthy. There is a massive difference in the frequency and cost of the trait stones.

I think the developers should take another pass through the rewards and fine tune them a bit. And please not by reducing the easier trait stone writs. I feel those are right in the sweet spot. Maybe 10-15 more vouchers for better stones at the blue level would be good.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten one blue writ since the patch dropped across two characters. It happened on the first day and I haven't seen one yet. Nothing seems out of the ordinary to me.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    I managed six master writs today, all blue. That brings me to 7 for 93. I like the master writs a lot, but there is no apparent balance based on the trait used, or if there is, it is very limited. I do not feel that an infused or triune piece of blue jewelry should only return as many vouchers as arcane or healthy. There is a massive difference in the frequency and cost of the trait stones.
    I think the developers should take another pass through the rewards and fine tune them a bit. And please not by reducing the easier trait stone writs. I feel those are right in the sweet spot. Maybe 10-15 more vouchers for better stones at the blue level would be good.
    agree.gif

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be interested to see how I go when the patch comes to console but regardless of which craft, my main focus for daily writs is still surveys, with any MW's simply being an added possibility.

I'll agree with @Gundug , a re-evaluation of MW rewards would be beneficial, even across the other crafts.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    In regards to the master writ drops. I got 4 more blue and a GOLD! jewelry craft master writ today. (The gold is still 700g/voucher, not worth doing). The blues are all good though! (~350g/voucher)

Bringing my total to 11 in 66 (which seems high compared to other drops). 18 of those characters are full 9-trait crafters in jewelry (or researching their 9th trait), so they have the highest drop chance, since "traits-researched" is what increases master writ drop chance for jewelry crafting. The other 4 are 6/7 trait crafters in jewelry

I've only done JC writs on PC once since patch (I main on console). I did get a gold MW from it - 606 vouchers for legendary, Nobles Conquest, harmony. So, roughly 300 or so more than it would have been worth pre-patch?

Regarding MW drop chance, I hadn't thought about the fact that JC only counts traits researched for improved chances, while the other equipment crafts also take into account motif knowledge. I do seem to get more JC MWs than I do the other equipment crafts. Just this past week, I've sold a half dozen JC writs (all purple - for super cheap) while I only got a total of 4 MWs combined from the other equipment crafts. Of course, that's just one week, but it's far easier to get JC up to max bonus on alts than it is the other crafts, and thus my overall chances are much improved for JC across alts than they are for the other equipment crafts for which my alts know very few motifs.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far are the voucher payouts for Blues consistent in the upper 20's and not breaking 30?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    So far are the voucher payouts for Blues consistent in the upper 20's and not breaking 30?

25-29 vouchers is the range.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the blue master writs require triune or infused, that itself ruins the writ as those trait stones are easily 10 to 20k in traders and only returning 25 to 29 vouchers? Lol, thank gosh swift is no longer needed

Blues should require the 3 base traits and maybe a harmony or protect, leave the rarer more expensive trait stones to the purple or gold master writs
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    If the blue master writs require triune or infused, that itself ruins the writ as those trait stones are easily 10 to 20k in traders and only returning 25 to 29 vouchers? Lol, thank gosh swift is no longer needed

Blues should require the 3 base traits and maybe a harmony or protect, leave the rarer more expensive trait stones to the purple or gold master writs

Infused isn't quite that bad...But I think supply will become limited.

Triune I agree is a waste for blues... but there are others that are similar. Purple Prismatic (Hakeijo). Gold Provisioning (Perfect Roe). Those just aren't worth doing either. At least the Purple and Gold Triune are worth it.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been a week not, had any master writs drop of any quality so far, across my 18 characters.

Chromium grain drop rates are the same as before for me average of 40 a week just like before patch.

Got enough Zircon grains for 2 plating's

enough blue grains for 10 plating's

enough green grains for 6 plating's.

My profits are slightly up, that's good enough for me.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only had one so far (9 characters doing writs every day).

Blue triune, twenty-something vouchers. I put it up for sale... hasn't sold yet.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Have received three blues, all 28 vouchers, one triune which I destroyed. WritWorthy estimated ~325g/voucher. Seems decent but I wonder when I'm going to notice my platings are...gone?!
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    Have received three blues, all 28 vouchers, one triune which I destroyed. WritWorthy estimated ~325g/voucher. Seems decent but I wonder when I'm going to notice my platings are...gone?!

This doesn't sound good. People are saying blue writs have a max award of 29 vouchers. If you're destroying 28-voucher-payouts you might as well just destroy them all.
    And we're back to where we started even though the price per voucher is 1/3 or less than what it used to be.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This doesn't sound good. People are saying blue writs have a max award of 29 vouchers. If you're destroying 28-voucher-payouts you might as well just destroy them all.
    And we're back to where we started even though the price per voucher is 1/3 or less than what it used to be.

I took his statement to mean he only deleted the one requesting the Triune trait since the cost for Dawn Prism makes the cost per voucher too high to be economical.

I assume he completed the other two that were worth 28 vouchers.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

I took his statement to mean he only deleted the one requesting the Triune trait since the cost for Dawn Prism makes the cost per voucher too high to be economical.

I assume he completed the other two that were worth 28 vouchers.

Currently, the blue jewelry master writs that drop are worth doing, with the exception of triune, and that is just because of the cost of the trait stone.

I can forsee traits like Infused, Harmony, and Bloodthirsty (in that order) becoming more expensive since those trait stones are more difficult to come by.

Protective will probably be okay, since you get those from survey nodes

Arcane, Robust, and Healthy will be best traits, as there is no shortage of those trait stones.

I am getting a TON of jewelry master writs, probably because my characters are all 9-trait in it (so they have the maximum chance at getting a drop), and a majority (90%+) are well worth the cost to complete.

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fair enough, but at 325/voucher people still feel that's a destroy?
    The advantages of Jewelry should come with some premium on the writ cost. You have a lot less research time with just 2 item lines, and no motifs or recipes to find.
    325/voucher is already a huge savings compared to the old system, on top of not needing purple or gold mats.

Or let's look at it another way -- at what cost per voucher would you do a writ, and how does that compare with writs of other crafts?
    Then let's see what the epic and legendary jewelry writs are looking like price/voucher.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 20, 2019 11:47PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, but at 325/voucher people still feel that's a destroy?
    The advantages of Jewelry should come with some premium on the writ cost. You have a lot less research time with just 2 item lines, and no motifs or recipes to find.
    325/voucher is already a huge savings compared to the old system, on top of not needing purple or gold mats.

Or let's look at it another way -- at what cost per voucher would you do a writ, and how does that compare with writs of other crafts?
    Then let's see what the epic and legendary jewelry writs are looking like price/voucher.

325 is what the arcane/robust/healthy are at. The others are around 350-375 g/voucher. Triune Blue are around 1,000 g/voucher.

Epic are running about 500-600 g/voucher.

Legendary are around 600 g/voucher

By the way, those costs include the value of all the materials (purple, gold, whatever), so that's already factored in.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 2 max level jewelry crafters and have received several blue and purple mw's so far. They're still not worth doing imo and get junked immediately. The grain drops have been dismal on my account for some reason. I'm definitely not getting as many as others are reporting here. Been saving what I do get for months just to upgrade my own character's jewelry and I still only have one character with a gold set.

Perhaps I need to pay for another account and 20 extra character slots for my "RNG" to improve??? :p
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    I only have 2 max level jewelry crafters and have received several blue and purple mw's so far. They're still not worth doing imo and get junked immediately. The grain drops have been dismal on my account for some reason. I'm definitely not getting as many as others are reporting here. Been saving what I do get for months just to upgrade my own character's jewelry and I still only have one character with a gold set.

Perhaps I need to pay for another account and 20 extra character slots for my "RNG" to improve??? :p

which master writs are worth doing for you? Because 325g/voucher is cheaper than almost all others of them (among those that drop regularly)
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    which master writs are worth doing for you?

All of them. I have thousands of vouchers piled up from doing most mw's I've received from every other craft, even after purchasing all the good stuff from Rollis. My craft bag is packed with thousands of construction mats, ingredients and hundreds of upgrade mats that continue to pile up faster than I need them. Like I said, zircon and chromium have been ridiculously rare and way too expensive to purchase to even bother with the JC mw's. The inventory space they take up is worth way more to me at this point.