Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you all please stand still for me?

DusdrarlunThunder
DusdrarlunThunder
✭✭✭
Hi everyone,

I play a Magicka Necromancer. All my skills are aoe's that are so tiny and so small it requires you to stand still in order to hit you.

Even my blast bones can't seem to track you when you run around.

Can you all please stand still for me while we PvP?

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Your friendly Necromancer
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, since you asked nicely...
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course, sorry mate :) *puts on adult diaper and waits*
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I have obstacles to run around and parkour to be done
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bring cake and I will stand still.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • DusdrarlunThunder
    DusdrarlunThunder
    ✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Well, since you asked nicely...

Thanks bro appreciate it.

I mean these corpse skills aoe range are so small. Boneyard can easily just be moved out of after taking just one tick of damage. Heck even my wall of elements aoe is only one sidestep to the left or right to get out of.

And seeing as it's impossible to slow or immobilize anyone for the duration of any aoe it's great to know you'll stand still for me.

Thanks!
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Can you all please stand still for me?"

Sure.
    Then you can stand still for me! 😉
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go stamina
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DusdrarlunThunder
    DusdrarlunThunder
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    "Can you all please stand still for me?"

Sure.
    Then you can stand still for me! 😉

But all the stamina builds out there seem to not require that.

Stamina ranged users can just spam direct damage to their hearts content.

Stamina melee users can leap into your face and just spam heavy attacks and win easily.

Magicka users, specifically Necromancers, seem to require people to stand still to do any damage to them!

So please stop moving around!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I play a Magicka Necromancer. All my skills are aoe's that are so tiny and so small it requires you to stand still in order to hit you.

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Yeah that's how this game is - everyone zipping around like they have ants in their pants as if anyone could actually move around like that in armor. Though I can't really blame them because standing still on this game pretty much = instant death....

This game's PvP feels more like a game of deadly ping pong than actual medieval combat. It's pretty stupid.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 12, 2019 12:38AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time stop them ;)
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How will I appease the gods if I don’t mist form around this rock at least 10 times every combat?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I just stand there? That makes no sense.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Why would I just stand there? That makes no sense.

The joke

You
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Yeah that's how this game is - everyone zipping around like they have ants in their pants as if anyone could actually move around like that in armor. Though I can't really blame them because standing still on this game pretty much = instant death....

This game's PvP feels more like a game of deadly ping pong than actual medieval combat. It's pretty stupid.

I bet you are also the guy, who bunny jumps in real life gun fights or run up towards your targets to go in melee fights while shooting with your rifle. And if you get hit you reload your body armor with an energy capsule or drink?
    This an MMORPG and has combat wise not much similarities to any real combat situation, same as all those battle royal shooters are nothing like gun fights...
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will fight like Redcoats
  • Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

I bet you are also the guy, who bunny jumps in real life gun fights or run up towards your targets to go in melee fights while shooting with your rifle. And if you get hit you reload your body armor with an energy capsule or drink?
    This an MMORPG and has combat wise not much similarities to any real combat situation, same as all those battle royal shooters are nothing like gun fights...

~laughs~

One of the reasons i don't PvP in this game or any others...

The combat animations just look and feel silly. Toons sprinting sideways jerking their staff...
    Black-handed Hluill and his daughter Leyek of House Numaril.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP = Follow crown

Other than that do whatever you want on whatever build you want, play your way, just be you.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I jump up and down?

And I ain't promising nothing for the clannfear, he just does what he likes.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

It's not really the lack of realism that annoys me. I just added that for effect. It's the stupidity of it. It looks laughably dumb and it doesn't play much better. As I said: the PvP on this game rarely feels like actual combat. It's more like a deadly game of ping pong where everyone is zipping around like mad people desperately trying to land their stun/bursts before dying instantly or nearly so. It's intolerably lame - especially when you include the grotesque amount of lag.

I honestly don't know why I put myself through it. But yeah: a lack of realism is the least of this game's problems when it comes to its PvP.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 14, 2019 3:41AM