The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Two questions: If the pet can be invisible & DOT/AOE damage when you switch weapon

blublabay
blublabay
Hi all,

This is my first post at forum and if anything I did wrong, please point it out, thx.

I'd like to ask two questions:

1. When you are invisible by crouching/using invisible skill/using invisible potion, does your pet/summoned creature become invisible to enemy players? (summoned creature can be dwemer ball triggered by Engine Guardian set)
2. For example, when one use sword&shield as primary weapon, and bow as secondary weapon, when he deals a poison arrow or an arrow rain, and then switch to sword&shield, is the damage enemy taken by poison arrow/arrow rain calculated by his primary weapon or secondary weapon?
  • ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    1. Your pets are visible when You are invisible.
    2. Not 100% sure but as I remember traget dots like Poison Injection or Noxious Breath are calculated from weapon bar where they started. Ground dots like Endless Hail are calculated from active bar. Enchants procs from bar that dot start.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry if this considered hijacking, but i ran a test with Carve and Nox breath. The bar they're on is with Master 2H, and the other bar has Deadly Strike that adds 15% dot bonus.

here's something funny: if i start carve and nox and just stay on that bar, IT'S DIFFERENT dps than if i trigger both then swap bar immediately. (it increases when swapping to Deadly Strike)

seems like that calculated from active bar too?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • blublabay
    blublabay
    Thank you both for helping!

As for the second question, seems that the calculation here is kind of complicated and need more tests.
    Before this thread, I thought the damage over time should be calculated all by one's start bar & weapon, cause it's more "reasonable" IMO. Now it appears to be different as I imagine.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a bit pointless being invisible if you have big purple twilight hovering over your invisible shoulder, lol.
  • blublabay
    blublabay
    pdblake wrote: »
    Seems a bit pointless being invisible if you have big purple twilight hovering over your invisible shoulder, lol.

Actually before this post, every time I crouch or use invisible potion I always manually unsummon my pet, haha
  • ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    sorry if this considered hijacking, but i ran a test with Carve and Nox breath. The bar they're on is with Master 2H, and the other bar has Deadly Strike that adds 15% dot bonus.

here's something funny: if i start carve and nox and just stay on that bar, IT'S DIFFERENT dps than if i trigger both then swap bar immediately. (it increases when swapping to Deadly Strike)

seems like that calculated from active bar too?

Deadly set its different story.

Try naked with some weapon on one bar are nothing on 2nd. Nox initiaded at 1st bar shoud ticks the same DMG after swap to 2nd bar.