Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

“Beets, Display” too large

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was setting up the ingredients for a salad and when I went to place the beets, thought the must be floating above the counter that they appeared so large! But no, they really are giant. It would be nice if this item were smaller, closer in size to other produce items.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm, sorry, you do know that beets are large in real life? The size of an orange is probably the smallest one I have seen (though, probably the undeveloped roots should be smaller in size). You don't usually put whole beets in the salad xD
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you are maybe thinking of radishes? Beets aren't small, generally.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the beets in this game are quite large. A couple years ago I wanted to make a beet necklace for the merchant for a Christmasy display. The beets are a nice color, but are so big that I made beet hats instead. Here is the picture.

e9Ek1oG.jpg
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    The beets are a nice color, but are so big that I made beet hats instead.

Are they "too big" though, @Dojohoda??

Remember, this isn't real life ... it's imaginary Tamriel where some items can be larger than life.

I counter your argument with the fact that the mushrooms of Vvardenfell are larger than most trees.

Been that way for 17+ years of gaming since they debuted in ESIII:Morrowind in 2002.

DmBS8xU.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 21, 2019 1:29AM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    The beets are a nice color, but are so big that I made beet hats instead.

Are they "too big" though, @Dojohoda??

Remember, this isn't real life ... it's imaginary Tamriel where some items can be larger than life.

I counter your argument with the fact that the mushrooms of Vvardenfell are larger than most trees.

Been that way for 17+ years of gaming since they debuted in ESIII:Morrowind in 2002.

DmBS8xU.png

lol Good point. The beets were just much bigger than I expected; they are as almost as big as the merchants head. I was just piping in with my beet story. :D
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, flora and fauna definitely come in different sizes in Tamriel! They just seem larger than IRL beets, especially when I placed one next to some carrots, which is the root of my disappointment (pun intended :tongue: ), that it through off the balance of sizes, shapes and colors I was striving for! :sweat_smile:
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that aside, I would really love to be able to make items larger and smaller
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the person that did the work confused sugar beets for regular beets.