Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

[Witch's Event] How about double Pumpkins and double bugs?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Like 2x the number of worms from a node whenever you get some.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if there was some type of event that would double the harvest on alchemy reagents from the fauna sources.
    • torchbug
    • fleshlfies
    • butterflies
    • spiders
    • mudcrabs
    • scribs
    • beetles

Am I forgetting any?

When they do double node events, such as all the nodes in Wrothgar right now, the above-mentioned sources are exempted and it would be nice to have them included in such events. Like OP suggests, the Witches Festival would be a perfect event to implement this as it fits the theme of creepy, crawly stuff.

Outside of spider eggs and fleshfly larva (which comes from multiple sources) the above-listed reagents tend to be my lowest in quantity, especially since they are not guaranteed drops when "harvesting" one of these sources. I would be satisfied if, instead of doubling the output, they upped the harvest rate to 100% success rate.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when Old Orsinium used to be one of the primo grind zones, I collected so many spider eggs, it’s stupid. I still get annoyed hearing the squeal a spider makes when you get aggro.

I definitely wouldn’t mind quicker harvesting of mudcrab chitin and beetle scuttle though.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your game ideas are getting better, @Dusk_Coven.

This would be a great addition.
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came in wanting to give snark about the game being buggy enough...

Leaving with thoughts and wishes for more butterfly bits!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't figure out that the flying things you could select would randomly give alchemy stuff as well. A bit annoying and I have more than enough fishing stuff now, but I am no longer so tight on Butterfly Wings and Torchbug Thoraxes.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't want any more bugs in the code than we have now!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be honest I would just be happy if they improved the drop rate of Mudcrab Chittin and Beetle scuttle to a guaranteed drop rather than a chance at dropping.

Killing 200 Mudcrabs or 200 beetles should be enough of a grind to get a full stack of the alchemy mat, see no reason we need to kill a few hundred extra to fill a stack, just because that selfish Mudcrab forgot his shell just to spite me for killing him and his friends.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Outside of spider eggs and fleshfly larva (which comes from multiple sources) the above-listed reagents tend to be my lowest in quantity, especially since they are not guaranteed drops when "harvesting" one of these sources. I would be satisfied if, instead of doubling the output, they upped the harvest rate to 100% success rate.

They should do this anyway. I've never in my life seen a butterfly without wings or a crab without a shell, and any kind of bug is going nowhere without a thorax.

I never go to a smithing node and find nothing but fishing bait.

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    Feric51 wrote: »

They should do this anyway. I've never in my life seen a butterfly without wings or a crab without a shell, and any kind of bug is going nowhere without a thorax.

I never go to a smithing node and find nothing but fishing bait.

Well, as much as I agree with this, I think it does need to be mentioned that most of the alchemy ingredients that come from environmental fauna weren't part of the base game* and were introduced in a later patch. As such, many these like butterflies and torchbugs have insane numbers of individuals (nodes) across the landscape. This creates ambiance as well as providing the fishing bait (100%) and alchemy reagents (~25%). If they were to up the alchemy output to 100%, then I feel they would have to re-code them to spawn far less frequently to be in tune with floral/fungi nodes and I'm guessing this is a fair piece of work for the devs.

Of course, ZOS can always just tell you that some other player might have already interacted with the bug and taken the desirable stuff and left it floating around with only fishing bait.

*Note: I'm not sure if Mudcrab Chitin, Spider Eggs, and Fleshfly Larva have always been a thing, but I know most of the other fauna-sourced reagents were part of a later patch.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    To be honest I would just be happy if they improved the drop rate of Mudcrab Chittin and Beetle scuttle to a guaranteed drop rather than a chance at dropping.

I'm still waiting for Coral Crabs to drop chitin at all.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Murkmire torchbugs don't seem to have thoraxes either.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please do not ask for more bugs, they might misunderstand!
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    Please do not ask for more bugs, they might misunderstand!

Okay, this one wins. Honestly, I almost misunderstood reading the title :D.